Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    (To the tune of Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive”)

At first I was dazed,
    Then I was Mortal Striked,
    Kept thinking I would always live
    If I could duck and hide
    But they’ve made so many mods
    For Arathi and Warsong
    They grew strong
    I was their target all along

And so they’re back
    They start to chase
    I try to run but they break fear
    Before I even melt a face
    I should have played a stupid ‘lock
    I should have stuck to PvE
    If I had known it takes two seconds
    To kill a Priest in PvP

You say “Now go,
    Go cry some more”
    I’ll just respec now
    I won’t be healing anymore
    Weren’t you the one who said
    Priests were in short supply
    You think I’m humble
    You think I’ll do more than die?

Oh no, not I
    I won’t survive
    As long as they can break my fear
    I know I won’t stay alive
    I don’t have snares, or stuns or root
    So I might as well drop loot
    I can’t survive
    I won’t survive

I used all the spells I had
    But they still kicked my ass
    I find it hard to believe
    That we’re a “broken” class
    And they’ve made oh so many mods
    To keep a target on myself
    I used to die
    Now I reroll instead of cry

And you see me
    Somebody new
    I’m not that stupid Holy Priest that should be healing you
    And so you felt like queueing up
    And you spam raid chat with “heal plz”
    But I’d rather do my healing
    As a Shaman or Pally

You say “Now go, go cry some more”
    I’ll just reroll now
    You won’t get healing anymore
    Weren’t you the one who said
    Priests were in short supply
    You think I’m humble
    You think I’ll do more than die?

Oh no, not I
    I won’t survive
    As long as they use Mortal Strike
    I can’t wear shields or mail
    And my Power Words won’t scale
    I won’t survive

Oh no, not I
    I won’t survive
    As long as they can stunlock me
    I’ve got no shapeshifts and no plate
    But long GHeals, Can’t you wait
    I can’t survive
    I won’t survive
    From the days of vanilla, before disc was designated as "the pvp spec".
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Just for the memories:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crh82rYweIk

(Back in the days, spriests did really really low DPS. Their role was to feed their group (all stuffed with healers) with mana, being labelled "mana batteries". As a healer I loved the shadowpriest in my raid. Whenever he was awol, raids went to hell).
    haha yes that one is awesome I had forgotten about that. Thanks! It also got me thinking of the epic Holy priest pvp video. BC I think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcHhbxpvEOY

I loved the shadow priest support role. :/

Mana battery + great group heals + threat management + pushing yourself hard to make the most of your mediocre DPS was among the most fun I've had in WoW, and I've never felt as appreciated in a group or raid role.

<3 I had forgotten about that video!
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    You had to make a Power Aura to track Inner Fire stacks and still 'refresh' it periodically to this day
    omg i had totally forgot about that one LOL

Deleted
    You are an old school priest if you remember running way from melee while spamming rank one SWP to proc blackout for the three second stun.

you're an oldschool priest if you still keep light feathers in your bags

You are an old school priest if you remember Blizzard actually creating the Shadow spec for priests....

Deleted
    Passing groups of mobs with ease while spamming Mind Soothe, I want that talent back.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    You are an old school priest if you remember running way from melee while spamming rank one SWP to proc blackout for the three second stun.
    AWWWW YIIIIIS Blackout and keeping rogues in a perma stun.
    Last edited by Simmias; 2013-12-28 at 05:09 AM.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by lyat View Post
    How about when inner fire buffed attack power?
    Came here for this.

Leveling to 40 as Holy sucked, and using wands as a filler for when you were oom was terrible too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly Priest specific but having to haul your ass back to trainer every 1-2 levels just so that you could get new spells or the higher rank version.

Fyi shadow wasn't a raid worthy spec until TBC. Vanilla it was doody. Same with all the hybrids. Priests were healers or didn't raid.

Shadow only being able to kill someone every 3 minutes in pvp with sw + devouring plague + double trinket and then being rather useless until that came up... and then crying yourself to sleep when they put a CD on double on use trinkets.

Who remember's having to learn how to stagger heals so that the tank wouldn't die because 2 greater heals landed at the same time and then the tank died while they were queing up again? (Aka lv60 Patchwerk).

Or, how about healing before any smart heals existed and a healing for all classes was a glorified game of whack a mole?

Can't believe no one has mentioned the 5 second rule yet.

And, not limited to priests but healers in general: leaving a resser OOC to ress people in a raid and praying that they didn't get to close and accidentally get put in combat?

Getting pissed because a stupid paladin wanted to wear cloth.

Anyone remember the 40 man priest ony kill?

Warstar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAmXZPuS7L0

Also - FIVE SECOND RULE DANCING! How could I possibly forget!

--

I remember the tank burnout cycle.

To win encounters, you needed top geared tanks. This was not negotiable; everyone could see why.
    This meant tanks got gear before anyone else, and were usually top geared in 2-3 weeks.
    This meant tanks tended to get really really bored as they had nothing to look forward to... for the next 6-10 months.
    And thus they left, quit, or vanished.

Being on the same tier token as warriors&paladins was a PAIN back then.
    I got my first tier token roughly 1 year 5 months after joining my guild, because we had seven-eight-something tanks stealing them from me in the meantime.
    That meant no T5 2-set bonus for me. I was sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Fyi shadow wasn't a raid worthy spec until TBC. Vanilla it was doody. Same with all the hybrids. Priests were healers or didn't raid.

Shadow only being able to kill someone every 3 minutes in pvp with sw + devouring plague + double trinket and then being rather useless until that came up... and then crying yourself to sleep when they put a CD on double on use trinkets.
    I have messed around on vanilla not that long ago (and thats as far as I will elaborate on that here), but spriests definitely can murder quite well in pvp without trinket gimmicks.

Also, spriest dps didn't seem the highest, but I would routinely see 1 spriest get recruited to Naxx, to buff the lock damage. Without an spriest in raid, mages, warriors, and rogues tore up the meters. With an spriest, I most definitely saw locks up there. To my understanding, low spriest dps was more of a function of threat management, and mana issues. Spriests seemed to need an absurd amount of consumables to function in raid.

I have seen them climb to like 10th place on the dps meter. In a 40 man raid, that is sort of okish.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    You had to make a Power Aura to track Inner Fire stacks and still 'refresh' it periodically to this day
    This one still gets me

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

The old Mind Flay animation, and lvling as a Priest being absolutely horrendous until lvl 44 when you got a new rank of MF (HUGE Dps increase).
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    That's just not true.
    While there was no gear designed for most roles for hybrids they were capable to fill them if one overcame the gear issue an the notion that no designated gear meant it was to be impossible.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're an old school Priest if you remember wanding to finish of a mob to maximise Spirit Tap mana return due to the 5 sec rule.