Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone still playing runescape?

Haven't played it in years and was wondering how its doing now days...

10+ Year Old Account
    I came back to it, 7 year Veteran here and there's just too much going on for me, it's too much to take in and makes it hard to get genuinely interested in. I don't like how the combat functions similar to an MMORPG.

It's pretty fun but way to addictive to for my taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

To be perfectly honest the game has been absolute shit since the end of 2007 IMO and only gotten worse. They reintroduced a 2007 version before the terrible updates and are now in the process of ruining the game a second time. Not worth it. It's weird to talk about this game though coming from someone that started playing over a decade ago

Deleted
    It was worth it playing it 10 years ago, but I don't even know why it still has players, there are WAY better F2P MMO's out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2007 version is pretty decent but if its the newer one you have in mind i would not recommend it.

I played it back in High School during computer classes, just pretty much made armor and mined all day lol. Havent played in well over 12 years though

Seems pretty dead tbh.

And old / inferior to many other f2p games available now.
    Try Eldevin if you loved RuneScape.

Deleted
    My parents are crazy about it:P I don't play it though. It still seems fun and all but I can't just get into it again. I don't really know why.

It's pay to win nowadays -_-

Deleted
    The new combat does not fit Runescape at all but if you are going to play it for skills and quests then I recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinBinon View Post
    It always has been.

Off and on. They REALLY need to make a tablet-friendly mode, especially with the switch to HTML5. The business and growth potential would be HUGE, but it's still an unsupported "enjoy it if you can jury-rig it yourself" philosophy. It's a shame, because much of the gameplay lends itself to the skill-building like quickly fishing a load or two of lobsters in a waiting room or car ride.

It's still a very hardcore, complex game, with some great PVP and risks in that you can still lure or be lured into the wilderness and killed, losing all your stuff or looting a player of nearly everything they love and own. There's a steady 100k players online worldwide at any given time, and maybe 20% of those are bots. The live people are generally pretty cool to interact with, it's very charming even in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinBinon View Post
    Try the oldschool version.

I'm so resisting going to try the 2007 version, I'm just worried I'll get re addicted to that game. Still to this day I do my "99 defense" chant to myself when i'm trying to get something monotonous done.

I haven't played runescape since like 2007, back when it was good :P
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I played it back in 2003, logged in once to see the new overhaul but i honestly haven't been on it for longer than 10 mins since 2007 when I picked up WoW.

Grinding was great though, felt really rewarding. Something that almost every other MMO these days is lacking but JRPG's perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    It was worth it playing it 10 years ago, but I don't even know why it still has players, there are WAY better F2P MMO's out there.
    Care to list a few? Not feeling like playing the rest of WoW anymore till next xpac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Care to list a few? Not feeling like playing the rest of WoW anymore till next xpac.
    I still RS is the best F2P MMO out there that isn't suffering from either the "WoW syndrome" or various forms of extortion schemes. If you would be happy with "poor man's WoW" and don't mind tiny bags and countless hours of farming as well as the cash shop being shoved in your face after every action you take, sure.

you know... with college this semester, i wasnt able to play WoW like i was in the past. so i dropped my sub, and went back to RS back in early october... and ive gotta say, they changes were like holy hell different... but i dont mind then at all, and it was actually fun to get back into the game a played 9-10 years ago.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.