Thread: Hunter healing

Hunter healing

Hey, just wanted to see if its just me who thinks hunters have gotten too much healing going? They even outheal my aff lock which used to be i think the best selfhealing dps in game. Its not that i cant dmg through it, but when u see dmg and healing done after an arena game hunters usually have an absurd amount of healing done. This last game lasted maybe 12min and he had 4,6mil healing done and 11mil dmg. To me that seems like alot of healing.

Bloodsail Admiral Avada Kedavra's Avatar
    I have never seen a hunter do that much healing.

The are likely using Spirit Bond coupled wth Exhilaration can have quite a bit of healing. but seems unlikely they would get 4.6mil from it. Spirit beasts can also heal - do you remember what pet they were using?
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    Hey, just wanted to see if its just me who thinks hunters have gotten too much healing going? They even outheal my aff lock which used to be i think the best selfhealing dps in game. Its not that i cant dmg through it, but when u see dmg and healing done after an arena game hunters usually have an absurd amount of healing done. This last game lasted maybe 12min and he had 4,6mil healing done and 11mil dmg. To me that seems like alot of healing.
    It have been some buggish I think, friend hunter was surprised by the insane healing as well. Or maybe it is supposed to be like that, not sure anymore lol.

Although that is nothing compared to hybrid-classes and their insane healing they can dish out. *shrugs* And well, if lock was best the best selfhealing dps in game, maybe it's time to dethrone them and let hunters get the throne? : > Would be hilarious if Hunters would do that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post

The are likely using Spirit Bond
    Cant imagine they heal so much with only that. Although combo with Spirit Mend from a Spirit Beast maybe? Know my friend used a Spirit Beast and healed a damn lot with it.
    Mix red and blue, what do we get?

Horde + Alliance = Epic

They probably have mend pet ticking, that's not a self heal. See if your meters can give you a breakdown of their healing spell percentage and healing target percentage.

ye i did not think of mend pet actually, so that cud be a big part of it. He was using a spider, so no healing from that. Also i went to youtube and watched hunters in bg´s and arena, their selfheal tick for around 9-10k/sec when fully geared. Thats as much healing as my dots do dmg almost lol... Especially when it works from full health.

The hunter heal only works when their pet is up, disable it, or destroy it and he cant do crap

The are likely using Spirit Bond coupled wth Exhilaration can have quite a bit of healing. but seems unlikely they would get 4.6mil from it. Spirit beasts can also heal - do you remember what pet they were using?
    Those two abilities are from the same row of talents.

It might seem large, but a lot of that healing could have been directed at the pet.

It's just pet healing, no biggie, meters bugg out sometimes aswell. Would not pay too much attention to it, well atleast its not what they should nerf about hunters.

Spirit bond heals pretty well. Chimera shot heals for 5% every time its used. There's a glyph that heals for 5% every time he disengages. And then if you're damaging his pet he can heal it for quite a bit as well.

Hunter self healing is very steady, nothing bursty like other classes. Personally I miss the days when only healers healed. Hybrid off healing and dps self healing is out of control.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Futon View Post
    Spirit bond heals pretty well. Chimera shot heals for 5% every time its used. There's a glyph that heals for 5% every time he disengages. And then if you're damaging his pet he can heal it for quite a bit as well.

Hunter self healing is very steady, nothing bursty like other classes. Personally I miss the days when only healers healed. Hybrid off healing and dps self healing is out of control.
    All of it heals so little they are negated by a single melee hit easy, combined are not even close to other class self heals. Heck if you disengage with that glyph in the wrong spot it's meager heal will be negated by even the slightest fall damage you might get.

Something else is going on, I have engaged some Hunters ( usually troll) that are like fighting a tank, they take a inordinate amount of damage to kill. Perhaps this is what the OP has seen as well, not sure what is going on , perhaps they are stacking tons of stamina, or more likely resistance.

Was he BM ? BM hunters can do some nice healing with spirit bond and their spirit beast heal, but then the hunter gives up the pet cc, not to mention bm does shit damage now.

To be honest, spirit bond does outheal a ton of my spriest's DoTs. It's actually pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    To be honest, spirit bond does outheal a ton of my spriest's DoTs. It's actually pretty sad.
    Doesn't count, shadow priests are unplayable in pvp right now.

dots? you mean Tots I guess( tickel over time)

Besides Shadow heals are nerfed to the ground. Yes i know happend multiple times.. but still not compareable to hunters.. sad story.

Spirit bond almost outheals my aff locks dots as well it seems, if i dont haunt or my dots crit hunters hp almost stand still. My lock is not fully geared tho, 510il, so maybe thats why...

Spirit Bond is like a pemanent second wind wich heals Hunter and Pet 3% max hp every two seconds, 3,3% when glyphed. Both heals are combined in arena and bg statistics. There was a thread a month ago where someone did the maths very well about it, and yes, mend pet goes also into the statistic as healing done.

if i dont haunt or my dots crit hunters hp almost stand still
    And thats ok. Get dots up and then run around the pillar til the Hunter is dead should not be a viable Playstyle anymore. On the other side a aff Lock who goes nuts on a hunter kills him in a few seconds when he does nothing to avoid damage.

Hybrid off healing and dps self healing is out of control.
    I agree, but if it would go back to classic patterns where only Healspeccs can heal it would also go back to "Aimed -> Multi -> Arcane -> HK -> next please". I dont know if someone wants that back

My god, that must be a really special hunter to be able to use two level 45 talents at the same time. No wonder their healing would be off the charts.

[QUOTE=Rehija;24550069]Spirit Bond is like a pemanent second wind wich heals Hunter and Pet 3% max hp every two seconds, 3,3% when glyphed. Both heals are combined in arena and bg statistics. There was a thread a month ago where someone did the maths very well about it, and yes, mend pet goes also into the statistic as healing done.

And thats ok. Get dots up and then run around the pillar til the Hunter is dead should not be a viable Playstyle anymore. On the other side a aff Lock who goes nuts on a hunter kills him in a few seconds when he does nothing to avoid damage.

I actually dont have much trouble with killing hunters, the dots will get them down, even if it takes some time. This was not a qq thread that a hunter killed me, just a question of there healing and nothing more. And i have gotten answeres.