View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with the beating?

Voters
192. This poll is closed
  • No, i find the beating abhorrent and contrary to justice.

89 46.35%
  • Yes, those that attempt to carry out sickening acts deserve what is meted out to them.

47 24.48%
  • I'm not sure, i'm 50/50 in regards to it.

39 20.31%
  • They didn't go far enough.

17 8.85%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    Yeah and citizens die in crossfire in the armory all the time
    That's why you need to be collected, and get information, you can't be clouded by anger when your looking for the 'bad guy'...just need to think of justice and shit like this wouldn't happen

Don't be hot headed
    If you don't commit any crimes when making a citizen arrest, then by all means go ahead. Vigilantes however, break laws using the rationale:

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    [...]by the idea that adequate legal mechanisms for criminal punishment are either nonexistent or insufficient. Vigilantes typically see government as ineffective in enforcing the law; and such individuals often presume to justify their actions as fulfillment of the wishes of "the community".
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I understand what you're saying. Pedophile has always meant child molester to me. I never knew there was such a definition and people who defend pedophiles so much.
    Ok lets play with this little situation then.
    Prove to me this person is into Hebephilia.
    You are not just taking a wall of texts word for it rite?

You totally are not basing the whole thing on an assumption, because I was looking at a few boys and 2 girls hanging out in a house slapping around a guy whos age I cannot determine.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Why should I feel sorry for someone who is not trying to help themselves get better? If a friend came to me and said "dude, recently I've been checking out little girls, what should I do?" I would help them find the help they needed. Now if it was some pedo sitting at a park leering at children, knowing that what they are doing is not right, and not trying to better themselves, they are a half step away for being child molesters.
    It's not something as easy as you yourself think it is.

You'd be out of your mind if you think forbidding yourself from something as strong as sexual urges and attraction is done from one day to another and requiring no introspection at all from the individual.

Deleted
    They could have shot him dead for all I care. What annoyed me was the ridiculous ghetto smack talking and acting cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    It's because of ignorant people that they can't get help, due to the stereotypes surrounding it, even just saying that you're a pedophile(that does not act on his urges) and that you want help is likely to make it very hard for you to find a job, and depending on how ignorant the people around you are, it's also very likely that they won't have anything to do with you anymore. Many places in the world are still doing this with gays, so what do you think would happen to pedophiles, who are seen as much worse than gays.
    I think a pedophile seeking help is more of a decent person than a pedophile who hides his sickness out of fear of his image. Accept you have a problem then seek help. A Pedophile who does not address his sickness or attempt to get help, is more likely a danger to the children in the community.

We don't really need to compare it to homosexuality. Gender preference is not comparable to assaulting/thinking of assaulting children.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Murderers, gang-bangers, and various others...
    So tell me, does this mean something in America I'm not aware of? Over here it's just a term for group sex.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't really need to compare it to homosexuality. Gender preference is not comparable to assaulting/thinking of assaulting children.
    And not every paedophile is a molester, just like not every gay person is a gay rapist.

A few grenades tossed into the room would do the world a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

You'd be out of your mind if you think forbidding yourself from something as strong as sexual urges and attraction is done from one day to another and requiring no introspection at all from the individual.
    Most people with that illness actually never commit a crime. That is the funny part about it all.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post

So at first i thought it was a joke, until it slowly progressed to a one sided beating.

I appreciate that people find certain acts abhorrent, i appreciate people feel very strongly on certain acts that people wish to commit; What i don't appreciate is vigilante justice being taken into the hands of thugs.

They could of informed the police, and the police could of obtained a warrant to search his property and seize online communications.

What i found most interesting was how they felt justified in dealing out this beating, based on flimsy evidence THEY have stated they hold (That's doing nothing for me).

Video will most likely go down, but when it does i'll find a mirror.

But to frame a question, how do you feel about this?

Is the beating deserved, did it not go far enough, or do you instead condemn those who chose to carry it out and wished for them to inform the authorities.

Wonder if they realize it will be them ending up in jail not the one they beat.

What is it with idiots recording the crimes they do and posting it on facebook.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh.. torn on that. Have to give some measure of respect to anyone wanting to protect a kid, but would have been better to call the police and just either wait outside for the guy and tell him to get lost or get hold of him and restrain him until the cops showed up. I don't agree with waiting until the guy walks into the house to just start beating on him, that's still committing a physical assault on someone when the guy himself has not yet committed any crime.

Now if the brother had just gotten home and found this guy already there with his sister or found out he'd been there on previous occasions and taken advantage, THAT I could understand... in that case, kick his ass (a little), tie him up and call police.

I miss the actual "To Catch a Predator" show... shame something that may have made some communities a little safer was ended.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-12-26 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    So tell me, does this mean something in America I'm not aware of? Over here it's just a term for group sex.
    Crime commiting gang member.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Crime commiting gang member.
    Oh.
    That's nowhere near as amusing to hear on American cop shows.

Deleted
    I still remember that one case where an alleged pedophile was killed and set on fire (or killed by setting him on fire?). Too bad that even before they did that, the police checked and found out that it was a misunderstanding and the person was neither a child molester OR a pedophile.

Now his remains lie six feet under and the vigilantes are facing some actual Justice, in the form of murder charges.

I think pedophiles should arm themselves, and tech themselves how to use their weapons of choice. You like to take law into your own hands? Then how about taking some of your own medicine, vigilante fucks?

Also, the day when at least 80% of all humans understands that pedophile =/= child molester, I will admit I was wrong and that humanity maybe HAS a future

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    deserved it, but i'd rather it be the a special government issued punishment enacted by the police instead of random people. it's a shame that proper punishments for monsters will only ever be dealt out by regular people. our police should be beating and killing these type of people.
    Your name and you avatar are well chosen, about as smart as the things you write here.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Deleted
    There's a big difference between having sex with a 14 year old than violating toddlers, yet the perpetrators get equal treatment regardless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Most people with that illness actually never commit a crime. That is the funny part about it all.
    I wouldn't know about that but judging all of [insert whatever here] because of a few bad apples is just plainly wrong, just like Lightwysh is currently doing.
    I think a pedophile seeking help is more of a decent person than a pedophile who hides his sickness out of fear of his image.
    Try putting yourself in their shoes, or at least just one shoe or half of it or whatever. I'm sure you would try to hide the fact that you have an attraction to children to pretty much everyone till the rest of your life. Again, it's not something as easy as you think it is to tell others and try and 'fix' it, however that is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    I think pedophiles should arm themselves, and tech themselves how to use their weapons of choice. You like to take law into your own hands? Then how about taking some of your own medicine, vigilante fucks?
    This is an awful thinking and reasoning.

If you don't like what is happening in the video, send it to your local news networks. I think it is an interesting enough topic. I for one think they should be arrested and I hope it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure manakin is not based in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

You bring up a good point here.

This super pedophile witchhunt attitude makes somebody who is having compulsive disturbing thoughts about children much less likely to actually seek professional help about it.

Pretty much, expect more child molestations because of this video.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    in America (or some parts at least)

Gangbang = group sex

Gang banger = gang member
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.