Deleted

is a WW monk something for me?

hey

I want try a WW monk but now i wonder if it's something for me as i've readed they have a fairly simple rotation.

now I've done this classes already:

warlock: I've tried a destro warlock for the longest time but I think that doesn't suit me as they are too difficult for me like they are pretty trinket proc based and u need track of different things like immolate, backdraft, conflagrate, cb and sb when trinket procs etc are up and get around with the sb + havoc skills and more.

hunter: also not rly something for me as they have pretty many different skills u need to press.

Now i wonder if monks are also so trinket proc based like destro warlock and if u also need track of many things if u want get decent with it. Also wondering if some dps macro's will help as my hands hurt fast so i rather like not pressing too much different buttons.

So after this I'm asking are WW monks less difficult to start with it in raids then as example destruction warlocks? or is an another dps class/spec better for me?

PS. sorry for my english:P
    Last edited by mmocb3b374364f; 2013-12-26 at 04:49 PM.

Monks are not difficult to play. Most of the time as a WW you just spam blackout kick and jab, occasionally you use some other spells depending on situation. I've tried playing Destro Lock and I can tell you, there is a big difference between the 2 classes.

If you find both destro lock and hunter spammy WW monk is definitely not for you. Both hunters and locks use about 6 spells in their rotation and only like 2 you spam, the rest is dots or something you use occasionally.. Monks have a few more spells you use and you need to keep track of both energy, chi, a debuff, a buff, tiger eye brew stacks and a few other things. IMO try and play hunter or warlock again and get some proper addons and read up on the rotation. I thought destro was hard too until I got some good addons to track my procs, now it's super simple. Just make sure you keep up immolate, spam incinerate, use conflagration on cd, CB if you are about to cap on embers then just CB whenever your addons tells you something proced or DS is up. The more the better.

And hunter is pretty easy too, keep up dots(which happens by it self, just apply it once) press all other abilities on CD, or when they flash, then always stay around 40 focus by dumping and regenerating with arcane shot and steady shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Monks are not difficult to play. Most of the time as a WW you just spam blackout kick and jab, occasionally you use some other spells depending on situation.
    Incredibly, incredibly untrue. Energy classes in WoW are relatively harder to play than most other classes/specs simply do to the fact the each second you're not expending energy you're essentially losing DPS.

@OP; to be honest, it doesn't sound like you want much to do as a class. WW monks is in this case definitely not the spec for you. Like Krossaten said, WW is a decently complicated spec to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I find my WW monk that difficult to play. Then again PvP instead of PvE since WW monks seem quite boring in PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Monks are not difficult to play. Most of the time as a WW you just spam blackout kick and jab, occasionally you use some other spells depending on situation. I've tried playing Destro Lock and I can tell you, there is a big difference between the 2 classes.
    Derp derp herp derp deeeerp.

On topic. Monks have quite a bit of keys but unlike rogues, ferals or enh shamans, their rotation is much more fluid and intuitive, without needing you to keep your eyes on a million buffs and debuffs each applied by a different key.

They are much like survival hunters as far as the rotation is concerned. So if you thought hunters are too complicated, you won't like monk.
    Last edited by mmocb2f003828d; 2013-12-27 at 10:37 AM.

WW has one of the more simple rotations. Keep a 20 second buff up, press an 8 second cd every time its up, generate resources and dump them, and the only proc just lets you use the dump ability or buff ability for free instead of needing chi. It's very easy to start getting into. The stat priority is also very simple with no hugely important caps to reforge around or anything.

However, WW is also the single deepest DPS spec in the game with Tigereye Brew being the best cooldown design that encourages smart play (it's literally so difficult to use 100% optimally that Simcraft doesn't even have the possible code to do it on any kind of movement fight). When things start getting into AoE and talents/SEF come into play, the spec jumps to a much higher level of depth that is almost limitless. I'd say that WW is the closest thing to "easy to learn, hard to master" of anything that exists in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scorrtty View Post
    destro warlock [...] too difficult
    ...what? destro is like the simplest spec in the game after arcane mages, and every class need to consider and track trinket procs to perform best. lately i've been playing my windwanker alt in Siege normals and i'd say menaging brews properly and bilions of utility cooldowns along with trinket procs is something you might not find fun if simple trinkets procs turned destro down for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    ...what? destro is like the simplest spec in the game after arcane mages, and every class need to consider and track trinket procs to perform best. lately i've been playing my windwanker alt in Siege normals and i'd say menaging brews properly and bilions of utility cooldowns along with trinket procs is something you might not find fun if simple trinkets procs turned destro down for you.
    People often mistake a spec having a few keys with it being easy to play. Destro and arcane seem easy to play but they have quite a bit of management of short duration buffs and resources. You just mash 3 keys without paying attention to the resources and the PROPER playstyle and you will have a very poor performance.

Examples of how you can fail as ww monk.
    - failure to keep up rising sun kick debuff 100% of time
    - failure to manage your energy so you can use rising sun kick on cd and not wait for your energy to pool.
    - using fists of fury when you're energy capped or allowing yourself to become energy capped while using fists of fury.
    - using chi wave when rsk, blackout kick or fists of fury are not on cd.
    - using tiger eye brew while rising sun kick is on cd or you're out of energy, thus allowing precious uptime go to waste.

As you can see there are plenty of things you can mess up which will translate in subpar dps for your itemlevel. All this may seem menial but trust me, you will see how menial it is when you have the highest itemlevel in the group and some huntard 30 ilevels below you is outdpsing you on tank and spank fights.
    Last edited by mmocb2f003828d; 2013-12-27 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    People often mistake a spec having a few keys with it being easy to play. Destro and arcane seem easy to play but they have quite a bit of management of short duration buffs and resources. You just mash 3 keys without paying attention to the resources and the PROPER playstyle and you will have a very poor performance.

Examples of how you can fail as ww monk.
    - failure to keep up rising sun kick debuff 100% of time
    - failure to manage your energy so you can use rising sun kick on cd and not wait for your energy to pool.
    - using fists of fury when you're energy capped or allowing yourself to become energy capped while using fists of fury.
    - using chi wave when rsk, blackout kick or fists of fury are not on cd.
    - using tiger eye brew while rising sun kick is on cd or you're out of energy, thus allowing precious uptime go to waste.

As you can see there are plenty of things you can mess up which will translate in subpar dps for your itemlevel. All this may seem menial but trust me, you will see how menial it is when you have the highest itemlevel in the group and some huntard 30 ilevels below you is outdpsing you on tank and spank fights.
    The first is literally impossible if you're even breathing, RSK lasts almost as long as twice the CD, you can't have the debuff even drop unless it gets parried or something. The other two bolded things are just plain wrong, using Chi Wave when FoF isn't on CD is part of the priority, and you don't dump with BoK before using Chi Wave because the latter actually does more damage. Finally, the RSK CD has absolutely nothing to do with TEB because you'll always get 2 and only 2 uses in during it, no more and no less. WW has a high skillcap, but those things are certainly not part of it.

Deleted
    None of the classes in this game is hard to play. But there is a biiiig gap between good and bad WW monk

You should go enhance shaman or assassin rogue.

Enhance - big (depending on fight biggest) portion of overall damage comes out of primal elementalist which is pretty much fool proof. Their ability priority is quite linear since they are all on short CDs. The hardest thing is knowing whether to earth or flame shock (and even that is really easy).

Sin rogue - lots of waiting time and very simple ability priority structure.