Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Aw, that's one of my favorites. The one that drives me nuts is the human female's incessant, "I could outrun a centaur!" Every single time you get swiftness. It's like, "Is that a centaur on our ass right now? No, no it's not, so shut up!" :P
    Humans make up for the centaur thing with, "Welcome to the big time. Population, me."

I love it.

Have you heard the human female laugh? Sheesh, that is a sodding awful high pitched squeal.
    so much so that, when I first heard it on my level 20+ mesmer, it got deleted & changed to a spinach head.

Whoa, I just cannot stop playing this amazing game! It is really what I have been waiting for for many years.

One notion though. Ranged weapons seem incredibly overpowered for fighting regular mobs. This game does not really prevent kiting in any way, so almost all melee mobs are possible to kite almost infinitely (absolutely infinitely, if you use dodging and environment as well). I kind of struggled battling mobs 1 level above mine with a pair of daggers (I play as Thief) and could barely handle 2 of them simultaneously, but, once I switched to a shortbow and started actively using its AOE abilities, most of the battles stopped posing any challenge.

Also, I noticed that standard graphics in game looks a bit dull and pale. With using SweetFX, however, the game is completely transformed into something beyond any imagination. I used only 3 tweaks in it: SMAA (which replaces horrible FXAA anti-aliasing and makes the picture very sharp and clear), Vibrance (which oversaturates colors; I used the 100% setting, and colors now are absolutely startling, like in Avatar movie or something) and Bloom (makes all bright light sources, such as shining sun, look very realistic). And I must say: graphics gained this way is by far the best I've ever seen in video games. Not that it is technologically the best, but just the visual style is absolutely jaw-dropping. I guess, using also HDR tweak, it is possible to make the game look even more insane, but my laptop already struggles keeping 20+ FPS, and with HDR on it almost starts smoking and lets FPS drop to single digits.

I love the landscapes in this game......the mountaints and the castle in the background

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Aw, that's one of my favorites. The one that drives me nuts is the human female's incessant, "I could outrun a centaur!" Every single time you get swiftness. It's like, "Is that a centaur on our ass right now? No, no it's not, so shut up!" :P
    Lol, I think I just don't don't play my human enough so that hasn't gotten on my nerves yet. I played the Sylvaru through all the beta weekends and then rolled her as my first character so I think I just wore it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    for me it's the female norn "might makes me right" It's stupid, and as my norn lady is a guardian I hear it constantly.
    Yea that one is silly too. Though it doesn't annoy me nearly as much as the Sylvari one for some reason.