Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It surely is playable, but high sensitivity would add a lot of joy to my experience in this game.
    It's one of those things you notice when you're switching back and forth between GW2 and other games, IMO. Getting used to GW2, then dabbling in TOR for example, took a little getting (re) used to do to the lightning speed of the camera.

Although I am a bit confused about other people: I play on Gandara which is listed as having "Very high" population, but I barely ever see anyone, even in The Grove which is considered a major city. Is it just that so few people play Sylvari, or are they all just doing high level PvP and PvE? I remember watching some "Let's play"s for Humans, and the starting zone there seemed to be extremely crowded, with 20+ people participating in Events, while yesterday as Sylvari I participated in 2 events with 3 other people in the first and 1 other in the second.
    Everyone hates the Sylvari, we had a meeting, weren't you there?
    But really, Lions Arch is the capital with all the portals, so that's the default city to hang in. Divinitys Reach has some good clustering of important stuff, as does Rata Sum, so they have a few also. Queensdale has one of the two most popular champion trains (other being Frostgorge, high level) and is laid out pretty easy, so it's popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's one of those things you notice when you're switching back and forth between GW2 and other games, IMO. Getting used to GW2, then dabbling in TOR for example, took a little getting (re) used to do to the lightning speed of the camera.
    I have to agree on that. After a few more hours of playing today I started to forget about the sensitivity. It seems to really be just a matter of habit.

Everyone hates the Sylvari, we had a meeting, weren't you there?
    But really, Lions Arch is the capital with all the portals, so that's the default city to hang in. Divinitys Reach has some good clustering of important stuff, as does Rata Sum, so they have a few also. Queensdale has one of the two most popular champion trains (other being Frostgorge, high level) and is laid out pretty easy, so it's popular.
    Really? Why? I adore them! Perhaps my love to them has come from Kingdoms of Amalur, where I really loved all the Fae stuff, and, really, Sylvari remind me of the Fae much more than of anyone else.

Strangely, today there were much more people than yesterday. Still not as many as I would like, but every minute or so I could find someone to group with to do some hearts. Maybe yesterday there was maintenance or something? Because I remember not being able to log in before 20:00 due to some strange error.

Also, I am a bit confused about the combat system. It seems intuitive enough, but fights seem so random to me. Sometimes I can fight 2 Mosquitoes simultaneously and not get hit at all, other times 1 Mosquito nearly kills me with 2 hits. I easily beat Mosquito Queen (or whatever it's called) alone, but then got raped by 2 random Mosquitoes...

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Really? Why? I adore them! Perhaps my love to them has come from Kingdoms of Amalur, where I really loved all the Fae stuff, and, really, Sylvari remind me of the Fae much more than of anyone else.
    I was just kidding, though they are second to least played, plenty of folks like them. For myself, I prefer human or asura, then charr, then sylvari, no norn.

Strangely, today there were much more people than yesterday. Still not as many as I would like, but every minute or so I could find someone to group with to do some hearts. Maybe yesterday there was maintenance or something? Because I remember not being able to log in before 20:00 due to some strange error.
    May have just coincided with something else, like the Jungle Wurm or just random folks joining in. I usually don't group with folks, just complete events alongside them if it happens to run that way.

Also, I am a bit confused about the combat system. It seems intuitive enough, but fights seem so random to me. Sometimes I can fight 2 Mosquitoes simultaneously and not get hit at all, other times 1 Mosquito nearly kills me with 2 hits. I easily beat Mosquito Queen (or whatever it's called) alone, but then got raped by 2 random Mosquitoes...
    One thing to keep in mind is that most attacks you use will hit more than one enemy. Otherwise it's probably just the armor you have, level disparity or random chance.

I was just kidding, though they are second to least played, plenty of folks like them. For myself, I prefer human or asura, then charr, then sylvari, no norn.
    I don't dislike Sylvari as a race, they seem interesting. I don't like the one I made because I find trying to coordinate gear coloring with the skin/hair-leaves is just frustrating and feels sort of futile. Also I really really hate the chick line "This rose has thorns and here they are!". I mean everytime she says that I want to ram a torch down her throat ><

I think most of other people's problem with them is in game (unless you are one) the only Sylvari you really interact with is Trahearne. And he's pretty much universally hated for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Also I really really hate the chick line "This rose has thorns and here they are!". I mean everytime she says that I want to ram a torch down her throat ><
    Aw, that's one of my favorites. The one that drives me nuts is the human female's incessant, "I could outrun a centaur!" Every single time you get swiftness. It's like, "Is that a centaur on our ass right now? No, no it's not, so shut up!" :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Aw, that's one of my favorites. The one that drives me nuts is the human female's incessant, "I could outrun a centaur!" Every single time you get swiftness. It's like, "Is that a centaur on our ass right now? No, no it's not, so shut up!" :P
    for me it's the female norn "might makes me right" It's stupid, and as my norn lady is a guardian I hear it constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I don't dislike Sylvari as a race, they seem interesting. I don't like the one I made because I find trying to coordinate gear coloring with the skin/hair-leaves is just frustrating and feels sort of futile.
    I could never get my ranger looking right, so just deleted the sylvari and leveled up a human. My necromancer looks "just right" though, with the tequatl wings and coloring to match.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    for me it's the female norn "might makes me right" It's stupid, and as my norn lady is a guardian I hear it constantly.
    I made a few norns, tried out different looks and such. I love the shape change powers, but otherwise all their mannerisms just irked me and I never bothered keeping one.

I don't like the female Norn's voice. More than anything, though, is the sound she makes when she gets knocked down/pushed back, like she was just kicked squarely in the stomach. I wince every time I hear it.

Female Charr is the one I can never get to look right. I've made two now and I always end up dissatisfied with something.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Humans make up for the centaur thing with, "Welcome to the big time. Population, me."

I love it.

Deleted
    Have you heard the human female laugh? Sheesh, that is a sodding awful high pitched squeal.
    so much so that, when I first heard it on my level 20+ mesmer, it got deleted & changed to a spinach head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, I just cannot stop playing this amazing game! It is really what I have been waiting for for many years.

One notion though. Ranged weapons seem incredibly overpowered for fighting regular mobs. This game does not really prevent kiting in any way, so almost all melee mobs are possible to kite almost infinitely (absolutely infinitely, if you use dodging and environment as well). I kind of struggled battling mobs 1 level above mine with a pair of daggers (I play as Thief) and could barely handle 2 of them simultaneously, but, once I switched to a shortbow and started actively using its AOE abilities, most of the battles stopped posing any challenge.

Also, I noticed that standard graphics in game looks a bit dull and pale. With using SweetFX, however, the game is completely transformed into something beyond any imagination. I used only 3 tweaks in it: SMAA (which replaces horrible FXAA anti-aliasing and makes the picture very sharp and clear), Vibrance (which oversaturates colors; I used the 100% setting, and colors now are absolutely startling, like in Avatar movie or something) and Bloom (makes all bright light sources, such as shining sun, look very realistic). And I must say: graphics gained this way is by far the best I've ever seen in video games. Not that it is technologically the best, but just the visual style is absolutely jaw-dropping. I guess, using also HDR tweak, it is possible to make the game look even more insane, but my laptop already struggles keeping 20+ FPS, and with HDR on it almost starts smoking and lets FPS drop to single digits.

I love the landscapes in this game......the mountaints and the castle in the background

Lol, I think I just don't don't play my human enough so that hasn't gotten on my nerves yet. I played the Sylvaru through all the beta weekends and then rolled her as my first character so I think I just wore it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Yea that one is silly too. Though it doesn't annoy me nearly as much as the Sylvari one for some reason.