Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    what was the 5 man content released in MoP?

    I havent really played much this expansion but I cant find the update anywhere that tells what new 5 man heroics were added. You know like how Warth added the 3 ICC heroics, Cata added ZG/ZA and then later the Hour of Twilight Heroics. Since people always say WoW is catering to the casuals what 5 man content was added during MoP?

  2. #2
    MoP had LFR to cater to the casual player. No new 5-man content was added during the expansion.

  3. #3
    Sadly they haven't added any new tiers of heroics and chose LFR to be the new catch-up mechanism.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    509
    Luckily they abandoned boring 5-man format and added more scenarios.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Luckily they abandoned boring 5-man format and added more scenarios.
    because scenarios are so much fun right...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    MoP had LFR to cater to the casual player.
    released in Cata. What did MoP release

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    released in Cata. What did MoP release
    Nothing, they had LFR. That was the point.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    released in Cata. What did MoP release
    Flex raiding and heroic scenarios

  9. #9
    They didn't add 5-man content in the middle of MOP because they found it detracted from their ability to put out raid content at a sufficient pace and of good quality for very minimal gains (people get tired of a few new 5 mans much more quickly than raids). For more casual players they added world-event things every major patch (timeless isle, isle of thunder) and flexible raiding. MOP also started with more non-raid content than previous expansions, such as challenge mode dungeons.

  10. #10
    Don't forget everybody that Scenarios is what they said was better content for us than designing 5 mans, that's why we got so many Scenarios and no 5 mans.
    In honor of all the kids bringing up my avatar:
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Wow, for someone with a trollface avatar, you are pretty bad at this.

  11. #11
    Such bullshit, 5 mans were such a better way to gear up and experience content

  12. #12
    The Patient DoubleT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    318
    LFR pretty much meant that there would be no room for new 5-mans, as people only did the new ones because of them dropping about the same ilvl as normal mode content from the last tier of content (za/zg was a tad lower though).

    I for one enjoyed the re-released za/zg and the 3 Hour of Twilight dungeons, but it did make gear very,very trivial, as you could farm yourself out in 378 on the first day of 4.3.

  13. #13
    High Overlord aceventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Timeless isle
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Such bullshit, 5 mans were such a better way to gear up and experience content
    yes we all miss that 2-3 instance grind over and over

  14. #14
    Titan MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    11,123
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Such bullshit, 5 mans were such a better way to gear up and experience content
    Yeah it was so fun to say "ah damn I don't want to run a random hc on this char, I did ZG last so I'll get ZA"

    I'll be the first to say "I don't know what I want" because whilst it was a nightmare to run those dungeons, there was something to be said for the formulaic way of gearing up because you could then say "actually I've got X Y Z so am now ready for raiding" over a small time period. Towards the end that was a nightmare, but then the time taken through doing LFR is so much longer and luck based. From a gameplay perspective the LFR method is better but there's something to be said for each method.

    MOP has been unbelievably unfriendly to alts it hurts. I liked the legendary idea but the legendary has become mandatory. Swapping chars or doing an alt has become near impossible, if you weren't doing it at the start of the xpac then you're pretty screwed. The LFR over 5 mans contributes to that for gearing up but then scenarios... eurgh what a useless pile of crap. Any alts I've leveled apart from one have been used solely for the tillers farm and are in quest greens.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-12-27 at 10:54 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Such bullshit, 5 mans were such a better way to gear up and experience content
    If you say so. I feel that scenarios do better storytelling and 5-mans are bland loot piñatas (more so).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    released in Cata. What did MoP release
    Well, Wrath also didn't introduce the concept of heroic 5-mans, that was BC. BC even had the reg/heroic dungeon-raid package with Magister's Terrace and Sunwell, so whatever point you wanted to make with this comment is moot.

    MoP brought flex raiding, scenarios, and heroic scenarios.

    Scenarios are going to most likely continue to be more prevalent than 5-mans because scenarios utilize environments already in-game very heavily in comparison to 5-mans which often require a completely different map. 5-mans often become much more tedious, especially with different boss mechanics in comparison to scenarios whose mechanics, at the very least, don't always revolve around a singular boss in a square room. Plus Scenarios are substantially quicker, and, depending upon your luck, can be much more rewarding with the loot dropped.

    But if you're expecting a come back for 5-mans, don't. Blizz has already stated that they much prefer scenarios.


    ---

    This all being said, I have mixed feelings on this. While I'd have liked to have had more 5-mans tagged onto SoO and more in-depth scenarios (perhaps we could be holding small skirmishes outside Razor Hill, Sen'Jin Village, Valley of Trials, or in the ruined vale?), I'll settle with Timeless Isle, farming, and running through old raids to accumulate money for the next xpac. MoP had a lot of... experimental gameplay in it, between the farming, the daily/weekly/reputation/sandbox setups of each patch's quests and storylines, Challenge Modes, and the reg/H scenarios. Hopefully WoD will be less experimental and more concrete with the setup. Hopefully...
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2013-12-27 at 11:05 AM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

  16. #16
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    because scenarios are so much fun right...
    Eeyup. In 5-man, everything is the same. Don't stand in fire, do your dps. In scenarios (heroic of course, and not when horribly overgearing) you do everything to keep yourself alive while also dealing damage. Freezing enemies, slowing them, stunning, healing yourself. I had much more fun in scenarios. And they also revive tradechat-grouping tradition, though to lesser extent because you don't have to fly to the entrance.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Eeyup. In 5-man, everything is the same. Don't stand in fire, do your dps. In scenarios (heroic of course, and not when horribly overgearing) you do everything to keep yourself alive while also dealing damage. Freezing enemies, slowing them, stunning, healing yourself. I had much more fun in scenarios. And they also revive tradechat-grouping tradition, though to lesser extent because you don't have to fly to the entrance.
    I hope you're joking. I'm a healer, and I fall asleep during heroic scenarios. Bring back heroic 5 man instances instead.

  18. #18
    I prefer 5-mans. It's more like raiding and less like questing. Having a tank, healer and DPS makes it more of a team effort to get through the place, and once you overgear the instance it's fun to chain pull big packs to get a challenge. Can't really do that in most scenarios since the mobs spawn with intervals or you escort some stupid panda.

  19. #19
    MoP 5-man content sucked big time, the heroics were actually "normals", but blizzard for some reason decided to rename them. So actually we didn't even get a single heroic 5-man. Hopefully WoD will be better and they put some focus on hc dungeons as well.

    As I understand blizz didn't add any new dungeons because of the new scenarios, but even my casually playing friends don't want to do them because they are tedious and boring. Hopefully they'll reduce the amount of scenarios in next expansion and add a lot more 5-man content.

  20. #20
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I hope you're joking. I'm a healer, and I fall asleep during heroic scenarios. Bring back heroic 5 man instances instead.
    No I'm not. And you being a healer is a great part of your dissatisfaction with heroic scenarios. A healer is simply not needed. He basically turns it into an even smaller 5-man dungeon, removing any sense of danger, while also cutting off roughly 1/3 of DPS and, thereafter, prolongating time spent inside.
    So no, I'd rather prefer Blizzard create more awesome scenarios with unique mechanics like ones from "A Little Patience".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •