Poll: Which entrance was the most epic?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    The weeks leading up to TBC and the giant realm gathering on the day of release. Nostalgia ♡

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Crusade without a shadow of a doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj'ir...

Dat music.
    What is worth fighting for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Boat ride to Howling Fjord, for mine. I still get amazing tingles when I think back to the first time we sailed through those massive cliffs, seeing the beautiful burning lights of Utgarde Keep in the distance. Damn, but I love WotLK questing zones. The Dark Portal was pretty cool too, but it was just a quest and loading screen when it came down to it.

Deleted
    Voted for TBC ofcourse. Everyone who didn't vote for it either didn't play the expansion at all or weren't there the first few days or the leading days to TBC in Classic. Those were one of the best days in WoW playerbase wise. Everyone was busy with that one goal and everyone you knew loved and hated on your server went on the same time to the same spot at the launch - The Dark Portal. Although Howling Fjord was really memorable with it's art and great music, it doesn't even come close to TBC launch.

Howling Fjord music + boat -> win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Voted for TBC ofcourse. Everyone who didn't vote for it either didn't play the expansion at all or weren't there the first few days or the leading days to TBC in Classic. Those were one of the best days in WoW playerbase wise. Everyone was busy with that one goal and everyone you knew loved and hated on your server went on the same time to the same spot at the launch - The Dark Portal. Although Howling Fjord was really memorable with it's art and great music, it doesn't even come close to TBC launch.
    I didn't vote for it solely because I disliked Hellfire Peninsula from the moment I saw it. Nothing about it spoke to me at all, although the later zones more than made up for it. Oh, and there were more people playing the game by the end of TBC than there were at WotLK, although as you said they weren't all in one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I just got this mental image of some fat orc/panda/tauren/dwarf stumbling and crashing down the stairs into the army of demons like a bowling ball... effectively angering all of them...
    lol orc is right. so many good times with that expansion. Remember the first time doing Shattered halls, wiping on every mob. Looked over at him and said " I think we joined the wrong horde" Dude never lets me forget it.

Howling Fjord, Horde Entrance.

Just epic!

Not really the entrance, but riding the elevator up to the main section of Howling Fjord after doing the first group of quests Horde side was awesome.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'd say Burning Crusade even though that was the one expansion I got a few months after release due to financial issues.

The reason why I chose Outland is because I do remember walking in and just seeing some big ass elite demons all around. I knew right away that these were some powerful demons and that I was going to have to work hard to take them down.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

As someone who didn't spoil myself with TBC beta or any information on the xpac before release, going through the Dark Portal was one of my all time favorite moments of this game. The huge demon army and everyone trying to kite the pit lord up the stairs in an attempt to kill it was epic.

Entering the Dark Portal was excitement followed by disappointment. You see this massive battle going on right in front of you, but instead of participating in it, you're sent OVER the battle into the barren wasteland beyond to kill...boars. What a tease.

LK all the way...

Yeah I guess I agree with Hellfire Peninsula; but Vashjir is very close if not better. The rest are not even close imo.

Deleted
    didn't play during the start of BC and having missed the pre event made finally walking through the dark portal not that spectacular.
    Wrath had the most boring start of all, with just boarding a boat/zeplin and that was it.
    Cata hyjal, while susposed to be impressive i found it lacking even though Deathwing and ragnaros were shown.
    Cata Vash'jir, my personal favorite. while intially looking similiar too entrance you had in wrath. the crewmembers on the ship and the kraken it's attack made it really enjoyable for me.
    MoP, flying there on a zeplin. sure there was a big battle, but it lacked compared too vashjir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hellfire. Stepping through the portal to an epic battle staring down demons that could end you with a single blow (and thinking you had to fight through them the first time... yea, that was me...) It's the only time in game I've ever felt an "oh shit!" moment. (discounting the felreaver, he was always there to be a cheap scare) I'll still occasionally go back and beat the shit out of the demons at the portal, just because I can now.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I kind of laughed when I saw TBC had the most "epic" entrance. I don't find riding a gryphon right when I get there to a base to be epic.
    You mean like with:

Riding a boat to Borean.
    Riding a boat to Howling Fjord.
    Riding a boat to Vashir.
    Taking a FP to Hyjal.
    Riding a sky boat to Jade forest...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You mean like with:

Riding a boat to Borean.
    Riding a boat to Howling Fjord.
    Riding a boat to Vashir.
    Taking a FP to Hyjal.
    Riding a sky boat to Jade forest...
    Riding a boat to Vashir and the Sky Boat to Jade Forest had flavor to them. Budd and such.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Riding a boat to Vashir and the Sky Boat to Jade Forest had flavor to them. Budd and such.
    When did you start? I dunno, Budd saying funny things doesn't compare to seeing the giant DP on the other side. The demons trying to invade.