Poll: Which entrance was the most epic?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I started playing about a month after TBC release.

The arrival in outland wasnt impressive.You watch a huge portal, couple of demons and after a few seconds you start killing boars.In howling fjord the sensation was amazing, the scenery a work of art, the soundtrack i still do hear it from time to time. And guess what? This epic feeling was present during all ur staying in the area and not just upon entering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well, no. Those boats are used all around Northrend. So its no unique. Being attacked doesn't mean the boat to Vashj'r is different. We are being objective aren't we? You can't add in the attack when arguing if they boats are different.
    Not really very good at arguing, are you? It's a shame, I was starting to enjoy myself.

The first time, in the entire game, you see that boat, is when it takes you to Howling Fjord, which is the "entrance" into the expansion, which is the point of this thread. There could be nothing in the entire continent but other boats of the exact same skin, no mobs, or trees, just boats, and it'd still be the first time you'd seen that model.

And the attack of the naga is rather pertinent, because, fairly obviously, it takes place.. wait for it.. during the entrance into the expansion, or Vashj'r, to be precise. It's not just a gryphon ride, with a generic gryphon, as I've said quite a few times now. Comprenez-vous?

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Not really very good at arguing, are you? It's a shame, I was starting to enjoy myself.

The first time, in the entire game, you see that boat, is when it takes you to Howling Fjord, which is the "entrance" into the expansion, which is the point of this thread. There could be nothing in the entire continent but other boats of the exact same skin, no mobs, or trees, just boats, and it'd still be the first time you'd seen that model.

And the attack of the naga is rather pertinent, because, fairly obviously, it takes place.. wait for it.. during the entrance into the expansion, or Vashj'r, to be precise. It's not just a gryphon ride, with a generic gryphon, as I've said quite a few times now. Comprenez-vous?
    Again, you are being dishonest on purpose. Cherry picking is a fallacy. Now, are we arguing about the whole of the expansion start, or just the vessel in which we get to the new zones? WHen talking about BC, you act like its only a gryphon ride.. but when talking about Vashj'r you include the whole experience... thats called "intellectual dishonesty."

So yeah, the generic gryphon in BC matches the generic boat to Vashj'r.

BC without a doubt, going into that little portal and coming out the other end from that HUGE portal massive raid boss and demons rushing the portal with a small force fighting them off, moons you had never seen and streams of space in the sky. That moment was one I will never forget. Although I had never got into raiding during vanilla so im sure that helped skew just how awesome I thought it was.

Also the Fjord was an amazing zone, the into meh but the zone was epic. (oddly enough helfire was a kind of meh zone but the entrance was amazing)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Again, you are being dishonest on purpose. Cherry picking is a fallacy. Now, are we arguing about the whole of the expansion start, or just the vessel in which we get to the new zones? WHen talking about BC, you act like its only a gryphon ride.. but when talking about Vashj'r you include the whole experience... thats called "intellectual dishonesty."

So yeah, the generic gryphon in BC matches the generic boat to Vashj'r.
    No. The entrance into BC involves zoning through the Dark Portal, talking to dwarves, and sitting through a gryphon ride on a generic gryphon, into an Alliance base to start your adventure. <-- Entrance into the expansion 1.

The entrance into Vashj'r (after seeing the vision cinematic) involves taking a generic boat to Vashj'r which, while still on the very same boat ride, is attacked by Naga and Kraken, and you're thrown into the depths of the ocean to begin your adventure. <-- Entrance into the expansion v2.

If you still, still can't spot the difference, I guess I'm done here. The pleasure was mine.

Even tho I just love TBC, and I think Hellfire Is just a great great zone,
    Howling fjord vibe , feeling , EPIC all around it , with the music and everything, was just the pure awesome.

Nothing was near good as that tho, Hyjal and Vashjir were meh, same for pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    No. The entrance into BC involves zoning through the Dark Portal, talking to dwarves, and sitting through a gryphon ride on a generic gryphon, into an Alliance base to start your adventure. <-- Entrance into the expansion 1.

The entrance into Vashj'r (after seeing the vision cinematic) involves taking a generic boat to Vashj'r which, while still on the very same boat ride, is attacked by Naga and Kraken, and you're thrown into the depths of the ocean to begin your adventure. <-- Entrance into the expansion v2.

If you still, still can't spot the difference, I guess I'm done here. The pleasure was mine.
    Okay, enjoy other threads where you lie to try to be correct =p

Vash really includes a boring boat ride that ends with you in the water. See, I can downplay too! =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Im toss between mop and tbc, but overall i think tbc win for me. I'm huge warcraft fan and cross the same dark portal that horde move through in wc1/2 to saw ruined orc homeworld not to mention freaking deamon assault after you crossed it. I know that mop is more advanced in terms of tech but it was just pandaland without any previous meaning in warcraft world.

BC but not for the "event" but because you was like "holy hell it's an expansion, we've never had this before".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    A close tie between Vashj'ir and Hellfire peninsula for me.
    Same. I get all nostalgic over Hellfire. But man oh man, Vashj'ir was pretty much the pinnacle of great artwork, musical themes and overal mood/atmosphere to the zone. I have not experienced such a immersive solo leveling experience since my first day of WoW.

Deleted
    Nothing beats the 24h Heavy worldpvp Before They opened the Dark portal. and when u finally got out it was just a massive battlefield, it was truly Amazing, the first dungeon was fun farmable and had bwl gear il loot. so far best expansion ever, and also when u hit 70 it was heroic farm and then 10man to gear up for the 25s just perfect

Deleted
    Well the way you've written the title it immediately said "BC" in my head. I couldn't vote because for me it was BC and Hyjal.

1. Hellfire. The Dark Portal, demon invasion and war all over the place, urgency
    2. Mount Hyjal. Beautiful zone and fighting, great quests, epic status of Mount Hyjal in lore
    3. Vashjir. Sinking into the maelstrom
    4. Howling Fjord. Annoying music, but, there was a good amount of fighting, green northern zones
    5. Borean Tundra. Too silent and vast emptiness, not much going on.
    6. Jade Forest. After the initial fight, pretty flowers, talking pandas, and Welcome to China. I was like wtf is this shit...

Fjord. TBC portal was amazing, but I honestly thought it was a little too unsurprising - I bet there's a ton of demons behind this portal. . . oh look, demons. Whereas Fjord felt more epic in terms of an awesome adventure - you board a brand new ship specifically designed to survive Northrend. For me, the fact it was so peaceful made me feel like I was completely powerless, as if then Lich King was so far out of my reach that my invasion of Northrend was just ignored - I guess I'll just kill vikings until then. Further, the fact that I had killed the strongest TBC bosses, yet still struggled killing multiple mobs of 'weak' vikings just gave this feeling of 'we're in for some shit.' HMLK25 5% buff proved that.