Poll: Play as Shadow Priest as first\ and main char into Draenor?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We'll see. I like my shadow priest, and she is my main right now - but my warrior does more damage with less gear, and has at least equal utility without crippling weaknesses (inability to cast on the move without relying on multidot). I'm sure I'll end up leveling both, but the question is which one first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    I used to avoid feeling this way (playing spriest 6 years)..didn't want to be "that guy". But, as this pattern repeated year after year, I have come to the conclusion that:
    A) The Spriest team at Blizzard don't actually play the class
    B) There ISN'T a Spriest team at Blizzard
    C) The Spreist team at Blizzard play the class and care but are wimps and give in to higher authority/other class leaders.
    There aren't teams for each class. Ghostcrawler has mentioned several times that there's one design team in charge of class design and they work on all the classes together.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    only as alt sadly, but i do rly enjoy my priestie

Shadow is a incomplete spec. It's really nothing more than a watered down ret pally.
    When Shadow gets the fixes it seriously needs
    -Psychic Scream not using Orbs
    -A heal that uses Orbs
    -At least 2 more abilities that generate orbs
    -Better mana regen outside of VT because wasting a defensive or offensive CD to get back mana is dumb.

So far the answer is no no and no

Deleted
    I love my priest. Everytime I play him it's like I've come home because it's so fluid and easy to me. I dislike having no real "burst" dps, I think orbs are a shitty mechanic (which is why I gave up altogether this expansion after enduring them in Cata)

At the moment it's a toss up between warlock and mage for me.

Wow seeing the poll is pretty funny. I wonder how many of us are just bluffing :3
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a shaman since the start of cata - without any serious twink ... so i `ll go with ele shaman/spriest for wod ... let `s see which one is better in the beta.

I'd consider myself crazy to play spriest as main in WoD. If in some strange universe the spriest is top or near top dps blizzard will nerf it. If it's doing well in pvp blizzard will neuter it. If it's in need of changes blizzard will ignore it.

I'm going mage, hunter in WoD for dps, qol, pvp. Paladin instant 90 for healing.

All the nonsense that comes with priest is in my rear view window.

i'll level it up after i'm bored with the other classes but nothing more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having played shadow as my main (bar Vanilla and Wrath), I feel it's time to hang up the hood so to speak.

I love the class, but I love progressing and feeling like my contributions to my raid team are as potent as can be. Currently, whilst enjoying the spec, I know I could be doing that much more to improve our progression by re-rolling. I'm a sucker for the greater good.

In short: If shadow remains inferior to other classes in its own niche encounters let alone the disparity in single target, I will play something else come WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've choosed the option "maybe..."

For most of the time, i played melee classes in WoW, but i'm tired about the playstyle, chasing to mobs, be in close range, run around like a chicken to hit the boss and avoid patches, cleaves etc. But i'm still not sure about shadow. I like the elemental shaman to death. It feels a lot of fun to play them with all of this procs etc., it's responsive and has great visuals, but i don't like the style of them, i don't like classes connected to any sort of nature. If a shadow would give me the gameplay fun of an elemental shaman, i would instant play one, no question. Warlocks and Mages aren't my thing, i like to have an heal offspec.

S-Priest has always been my "second main" since I started playing alts.

It'll continue to be that way - although I'll probably start paying more attention to theorycrafting and such on it due to how much attention I've been giving it lately.

Shadow forever here. Even with all we've lost over the years, there's just so much you can do with a priest's toolkit that no other class seems to be able to do.

Honestly, as an experiment, we should purposely just theorycraft Shadow badly for WoD on H2P. Maybe if the general population just plays shadow badly for the first patch, we'll get consistent buffs just like warlocks and mages. I honestly think part of the reason shadow gets nerfed so much is that there's effectively been a handbook for shadow since BC. Warlock's Den died in like cata I think. Never really seen a good site for the mage community.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    What is scary, there is a survey like this almost every expansion. At least on some website. However this time around, this is the closest I've seen "no", or "maybe" compared to "yes".

As Blackmorgrim said, Shadow forever.

Maybe, sadly

Deleted
    i clicked the maybe. I will level my spriest first most likely, then my lock and ill prolly boost a boomkin. If the status quo remains i might switch, being destroyed by locks all thru mop was not fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    As my sig said "Melting faces since 2006." This was the first toon I ever rolled and my main since
    So for me to be even thinking this shows how bad MoP has been.

I am however still on the fence, I've told my guild I'm waiting till beta to get a feel for what they are doing.
    As last time round I knew spriest was going to be dogshit from playing the beta, gave my feedback on the forums was told I was wrong by everyone, "fdcl is great" "orbs are fun" "new DP is amazing" fml....but I thought much like Cata we would have a weak first tier and get a huge buff/revamp and be gody again.... silly me, not going to waste my time again if it's bad on the beta.

Prob go hunter if they make marks worth a damm again, the petless spec sounds very sexy.
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2014-01-09 at 05:31 PM.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    In short: If shadow remains inferior to other classes in its own niche encounters let alone the disparity in single target, I will play something else come WoD.

Agreed here. I have had my shadow priest as my main since Ulduar. I've watched it go from underpowered to overpowered and now back down to underpowered. It's a rollercoaster, albeit not as bad as ret paladin, but still very bad. What gets me the most is that when you execute a flawless rotation you can still only hope to be mid-dps on the meter (assuming you are in a raid with very competent, high-end raiders).

As someone who is currently 14/14h in a 25m setting in SoO, I can tell you that we are very weak at the top end. It felt like we were going to do well at the beginning of SoO, and from what I hear Spriest is "fine" if you are in a casual environment, but for hardcore raiding it is very weak and most top end guilds only bring them along for the utility, never the dps.

Personally I'd like to see Blizzard implement options for -us- to choose whether we want to be utility-heavy or damage-heavy. I can already tell you what 90% of shadowpriests would pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    If holy gets rid of chakra dancing that will be my main for next expansion.

If not it is disc priest.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Basically for me, if shadow stays inferior to locks im going to reroll.
    Same. It's too hard to just suck it up and hope blizzard will actually "balance" things perfectly. Ultimately, the better dps is what I'll be rolling as well.

While I play a moonkin, hybrids are never going to be superior to warlocks when they have 3 pure dps specs at their disposal. It's just something you have to live with if you enjoy your class