Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Pug requirements on my realm seem to be a bit stupid aswell. 540+ for LFR SoO, where's the logic there? SoO LFR drops 540 gear, it's been cleared plenty of times by people with way less gear and way less experience. Pretty much the same for normal, 550+ when it drops 553 gear. I really don't get the logic some people have, so I'm guess I'm stuck having to make my own pugs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    Pug requirements on my realm seem to be a bit stupid aswell. 540+ for LFR SoO, where's the logic there? SoO LFR drops 540 gear, it's been cleared plenty of times by people with way less gear and way less experience. Pretty much the same for normal, 550+ when it drops 553 gear. I really don't get the logic some people have, so I'm guess I'm stuck having to make my own pugs.
    Nothing is worse than those people who want 530+ for Heroic Scenarios. 1) you don't need nearly that much iLvL to complete it on time, and 2) The people asking for it generally are in poor gear. I mean the other day I did 85% of our groups H Scen damage with 2 other DPS, still had plenty of time left on the timer too.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Nothing is worse than those people who want 530+ for Heroic Scenarios. 1) you don't need nearly that much iLvL to complete it on time, and 2) The people asking for it generally are in poor gear. I mean the other day I did 85% of our groups H Scen damage with 2 other DPS, still had plenty of time left on the timer too.
    Ugh, just the other day I saw someone looking for people for a Heroic Scenario with a requirement of 550+. I joined him, but the time it took to find people was longer than the time it would take to finish a Scenario with poorly geared people. I main MW Monk (566), when I make a Scenario group I just ask for DPS in /2, I really don't care about iLvl because even as a Healer I know I can easily carry the DPS to make it a succesful run.

Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    Ugh, just the other day I saw someone looking for people for a Heroic Scenario with a requirement of 550+. I joined him, but the time it took to find people was longer than the time it would take to finish a Scenario with poorly geared people. I main MW Monk (566), when I make a Scenario group I just ask for DPS in /2, I really don't care about iLvl because even as a Healer I know I can easily carry the DPS to make it a succesful run.
    that depends on server and hour that u are looking for those dps - if u whiper "lfm hc scenario 560+" on high pop server in prime time (17-21 ) u will get 5-6 whipers in few seconds - if u tried this in morning or after midnight ofc it will take longer time but even then it 1-2 minutes to complete such high itlv group - on low pop server this trick wouldnt work ofc but low pop server have oque and openraid to find geared people equally fast.

i for once dont understand the hate for people who want to play with people on similiar lv intsead carry weak players and then complain eveyrwhere how they have to cary baduals everywhere lfd/lfr/flex -_- if u play on high lv play with players on similiar lv and dont complain about "carrying" unless people really love to whine.

and if u dont mind playing with lower itlv people - dont write bs how u can "carry" them - its your choice who u play with - u make a hcoice stick with it and dont comment how "good" u are and how low itlv players should be happy and grateful u carried them when they never seek being carried in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid1 View Post
    I know Garrosh is a challenging fight, but I have plenty of experience fighting him, and can easily be an asset in any group that will take me, but no one is willing to accept the idea that a toon without the stupid achievement might actually be worth a damn. People need to quit being elitist pricks and try to remember that, like them, everyone else also has to PAY to play this game, and deliberately trying to hold others back is just ignorant. Helping others really should be an achievement, because people are so ridiculously unhelpful these days.

And no, a frost DK isn't a useless class, thanks, because the point really isn't to apply for jobs and make a living. You have real life confused with a game. It's a class I, and I assume many others, have fun playing, and that's why I play it. But thanks for your opinion.
    well garosh isnt really that chalenging its mainly dps check to ome degree (if u can push him to p2 before 3rd set of adds) and retard check (if people know where their interupt button is) - but ur blaming guilds who dont want to risk wiping stupitidly when they can just take hc raider alt and push through it easily ... i mean its simple competition u are weaker then your competition that why ur stuck. find new guild maybe transfer to better server. nobody is confusing anything. people in raid team invest their real life time into raiding therefore they are free to choose whatever they want. u want easy mode go do lfr

or

ORGANIZE YOUR OWN GROUPS IF U DONT LIKE OTHER PEOPLE REQUIREMENTS ><

then im soo sure ull one shot garosh with likeminded people without achievements who wont mind to invest few hours wipe dozen times there cause its only game ye ? instead lf to get carried through garosh in pugs groups -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-12-28 at 11:04 AM.

Make ur own pug with the rest of your guild. If the rest of your guild peers are at 564 ilvl or similar, you will have no problem getting people and finishing the raid.

Is it really that hard to make ur own group as you said you already have 5 people?
    Mew!

Deleted
    i dont understand why people keep nagging about inflated requirements for pugs. This is a classic case of supply and demand: There are enough people with clear xp and with the required gear levels to fill these pugs. Otherwise the requirements would automatically lower.
    The only way to get into a group in this kind of environment is to either personally know people with clearxp who would vouch for you, join PuGs with entry reqs that are low enough, or make your own pug.

But instead of seeing this simple truth, always the same nagging, over and over. Srsly people, just think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    It's the exact same fight on flex, it just has higher numbers. If you can do it on flex, you can do it on normal with 10 more item levels.

OP is probably fairly bad at dealing damage. With 564 item level, it should be fairly easy to get ranks on most normal mode bosses, since people with that kind of gear usually do heroics. If you have WoL ranks, just link your wow-heroes page. If the leader is any good, he'll take a chance with someone who deals decent damage.
    in all honesty flex is a joke. we 3manned klaxxi.(3/12). 4 manned blackfuse/thok..(4/10) and ended up killing garrosh with half the raid dead.. on flex.. its not even remotely close to normal.

if u need some good ideas just get that overachiever addon that fakes ur achievement thingy and see if u can get into a good pug. just remember to be quick on mcs and you'll down it eventually.

If your guild is stuck in limbo with about half its members, have y'all thought about recruiting those "too undergeared to recruit" people and maybe bringing them up to par so you can continue progressing? I mean, I know its some work but if y'all don't really need much from normal and you're currently at a stand still, this would be better than nothing at all. At least at that point the goal is once again being worked towards instead of you sitting at an impasse with no way of getting by until luck of the draw favors you.

There's PLENTY of time left in this expansion, and maybe you'll even find dedicated raiders who only need a chance and will stick with you through WoD? You have nothing to really lose here, only to gain at this point if you're stuck not killing garrosh. Your server isn't a dead server, your pool isn't going to be dismal or tiny. Take some time to invest in new people and build them up. You might be suprised in what you find.

Other option is what's been said before, find a new guild.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    I believe it's a regional thing. On most german servers I play on achievements aren't really asked for. But then again, most "pugs" that kill something more than 8/14 etc. are nothing else than alt runs +~ 4 randoms or so.

Your best bet to get into good "pugs" is to transfer to a realm with a lot of raiding guilds. Get friends, prove that you are good and add people to real ID. On most of those realms there is always at least a few pugs that clear a minimum of 14/14 on friday/saturday nights. And from my own experience there is always missing 1-2 people and people just look for someone who isnt a total idiot and has a little gear ( and isnt full LFR timeless isle geared).

And obviously this doesn't work if you are looking to get carried, and it isn't a question about gear, if you have 550 ilvl you can clear normal if you and everyone else know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    I don't have to link achievements either. People just see who I am and what guild I come from via shift clicking and immediately invite me.
    Being the worlds best shammy has its perks I guess! (lol)

The couple of flex pugs I have done for soo have been bad.
    the last true 'pug' i did was back in ds when the 35% nerf was in effect. A friend asked me to tank madness. Despite the 35% nerf we could not get past the 2nd platform due to tons of problems (5+ wipes). I'm really surprised they got past spine. After that I have pretty much been done with pugs unless I know the people or I know the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah pugging is basically non-existent on my server. Most guilds don't even raid if it comes down to them pugging lol.

Absolutely, especially with the changes they have made to cross realm btag invites and virtual realm pairing.

My realm went from completely dead to now very active again.
    Anything I can't find in trade I go to openraid.

If your concerns are current tier progression, there should be no reason to pug this.
    This is meant for guilds, of which there are all types.
    It doesn't need to be a 4 night a week guild, or even one that raids on a set schedule.

However, on most servers there are people pugging normal modes, and even Heroic's occasionally, given how completely jokemode Immersius and Norushen are on 10 man heroic.

Expect this to be even more commonplace next expansion when the raid difficulties get another pass, as well as the arrival of the in game group finder.
    Can't wait for WoD!

Damn near all the PUGs on Sargeras going for Flex 1-4 require a 540 iLvl which I think is stupid. I don't really see as many PUGs going for normal as I did back in Cata or LK. I use oQueue for flex PUGs and have done 1-3 just fine with a 530 ilvl. Haven't attempted Flex 4 yet. Don't really see many normal groups going on oQueue yet though, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Being the worlds best shammy has its perks I guess! (lol)
    Deja, you beat me to it lol.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

You shouldn't have too much of an issue pugging. My guess is your standards are too high - Without an achievement already best to just get pugs that don't require the achievement and hope for the best.

Your other options -
    1: Your guild lost 5 people, keep your normal raid nights and pug to fill out your group. I am surprised your GM/RL isn't already doing this. Its the best way to recruit and refill the ranks.
    2: Find another guild. It is not difficult and the excuse that people only want people with heroic experience is BS. With Mythic coming up guilds are recruiting pretty much anyone on the off chance with a little work they turn out to be a really good player. My guess is you don't know able the recruitment forums... Put a post on there and you'll have someone who wants you within 10 minutes. I bet money on it.
    3: Start a group yourself. I do this sometimes; other times pugs I am in fall a part and I pick them back up.
    4: Get a tanking spec and gear it. Being a DK this is a good option for you. Pugs generally have issues finding Tanks/Healers and will make exceptions to their gear/achievement requirements. (Case and point my alt tank got into a pug SoO with 538 ilvl that killed Garrosh because the RL couldn't find other tank)
    5: Re-roll Ranged DPS or a Healer. Sorry but Melee is shit for 10s right now and DKs don't bring that much in the way of Raid utility compared to other melee classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid1 View Post
    I wasn't exactly looking for the rude and unhelpful responses, but thanks anyway to those people.

I have a guild and raid group, and we were making rapid progress, until, inexplicably, 5 people just decided to quit playing. As a result, we're stuck in limbo, where everyone is either looking only for heroics or too undergeared to recruit. I think it was quite ignorant for our 5 raiders to quit in the middle of content and leave the rest of us hanging, but it's what I'm stuck dealing with, and pugging is the only option. I know Garrosh is a challenging fight, but I have plenty of experience fighting him, and can easily be an asset in any group that will take me, but no one is willing to accept the idea that a toon without the stupid achievement might actually be worth a damn. People need to quit being elitist pricks and try to remember that, like them, everyone else also has to PAY to play this game, and deliberately trying to hold others back is just ignorant. Helping others really should be an achievement, because people are so ridiculously unhelpful these days.

And no, a frost DK isn't a useless class, thanks, because the point really isn't to apply for jobs and make a living. You have real life confused with a game. It's a class I, and I assume many others, have fun playing, and that's why I play it. But thanks for your opinion.
    I don't think you know what ignorant means, thanks for the laugh though.

Quote Originally Posted by kelyne View Post
    4: Get a tanking spec and gear it. Being a DK this is a good option for you. Pugs generally have issues finding Tanks/Healers and will make exceptions to their gear/achievement requirements.
    This is a really valid point - I got sick of trying to get Flex groups going so ended up clearing 8 on normal mode with my ilvl 530 resto shaman.

The biggest bit of advice is get to know who are the top guilds on your server. My realm is fairly 'medium' population, but they guild that have cleared Heroic are often gearing alts using their contacts / other guildy alts in Normal SoO PUGs.

With your ilvl it's safe to assume you have either been in a guild or have PUG'ed SoO many times...just make yourself known to the better PvE players and you should be fine. Having said that Garrosh is still a nightmare for most PuG's.

I have a heroic thok achievement and I still get snubbed out of flex raids on my 530 rogue. Must be karma for all those 555+ only heroic scenario groups I do.