Thread: MoP CM BiS-list

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Warchief Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    2,144
    Hi Omniblast!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-02-10 at 03:12 PM.

  2. #22
    I was wondering if you could throw together a ret/prot paladin BiS list? In Essense most of the gear used would be very similar.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Nope, no difference. All that matters are the stats on the item. A 463 hit/crit ring with 0 sockets is every bit as good as a 580 hit/crit ring with 0 sockets.
    This isn't true, since hit and expertise don't scale down. Having high ilvl pieces with hit or exp is more efficient since you have to reforge less into them.

  4. #24
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Engineering Corner of Shrine
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    This isn't true, since hit and expertise don't scale down. Having high ilvl pieces with hit or exp is more efficient since you have to reforge less into them.
    I would say items with low hit is more efficient because that makes it easier to hit the caps exactly. It also means you can reforge weaker stats into hit instead of reforging excess hit into weaker stats.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    This isn't true, since hit and expertise don't scale down. Having high ilvl pieces with hit or exp is more efficient since you have to reforge less into them.
    But it does scale down other stats to compensate on your gear - it's not like having a piece with 1k hit suddenly gives you 300 extra secondaries. It's 99% about the right itemisation.

  6. #26
    For some bizarre reason you guys seem to have left out moonkins? I'm sure it was just a mistake on someone's behalf. Don't worry, though. I have taken the time to right this great tragedy.



    Best of luck in your future challenge-mode endeavors fellow balance-druids.

  7. #27
    I can't get the Engi macro's to work. All they seem to do is use my belt. I have enough kits and such, not sure what's wrong with it.
    Narye/Sofex - Zul'jin US PvE - 0/17M T17- 9 hr/wk - Exiled Legion

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    But it does scale down other stats to compensate on your gear - it's not like having a piece with 1k hit suddenly gives you 300 extra secondaries. It's 99% about the right itemisation.
    Wrong. Hit/exp/spirit for spriests moonkins and ele does not scale down. You absolutely want to have as much hwf gear as possible in slots with poor other options to get caps, then go for better itemised pieces in remaining slots. There is a reason that the top groups are getting absurd times now as opposed to 5.0. They can cap hit off 4-5 slots and get 12 slots worth of free secondaries.

  9. #29
    Awesome BiS list for my brewmaster monk , thanks .

  10. #30
    Epic! chaosjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Old Tristam
    Posts
    1,563
    is it not blacksmithing over leatherworking?

    Active Wow Player | Active D3 Player | Active Eve Player | Active Wot Player | Scrub Openraid Raid Leader| Eve Gametime | Youtube / Twitter

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I can't get the Engi macro's to work. All they seem to do is use my belt. I have enough kits and such, not sure what's wrong with it.
    This sometimes happens. When you enter a new challenge mode instance try and opening your character pane and your engineering pane first, once this is done, your free to close it and from then onward, the macros should work. You'll have to redo this process for each new instance you enter.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    is it not blacksmithing over leatherworking?
    I'm guessing your referring to the Brewmaster Monk proffessions when you say this. The reason being for the Leatherworking over the Blacksmithing would be simply be the fact leatherworking, while giving the standard 320+ Agility from the bracer enchant (compared to a normal bracer enchant), has access to a item called "Drums of Speed" which just gives the party an extra 15% movement speed increase for 30 seconds, which is great for real timed runs. If you aren't really going for times (by times I mean world records) or you already have 2 available leatherworkers, then yes, you can go with the Blacksmithing if you wish for personal preference.

    I guess i'll say this now, current lists have been made for specs which are considered competitive in a challenge mode environment where the goal is to get the FASTEST possible time (though please don't consider this that getting full BiS gear will guarantee you to grab a top time, gear helps a good amount, but a lot more of it comes down to the strategy performed for the run). I also personally don't want to go into the extent of making every class' specs for a Challenge Mode/Proving Ground environment, purely cause i'm lazy and i'm very limited on my own knowledge for multiple specs as it is and i'm unsure on the others which also have contributed to the spreadsheet on how far their knowledge on other classes goes. Feel free to throw your own lists if you want into this thread if you want to contribute for your own class/spec communities for anybody who may say are after better times, weather it is trying to compete for Realm Bests/World Bests or you just want to improve your times for the fun of it.

  12. #32
    Epic! chaosjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Old Tristam
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Draemi View Post
    snip.
    Ahh okay. Thanks for the list. I have some grinding to do. cause i want 9/9 gold on all my chars for transmog before wod.

    also lets say i do not wanna change the profession i have to engineering what would you recommend for head piece?

    Active Wow Player | Active D3 Player | Active Eve Player | Active Wot Player | Scrub Openraid Raid Leader| Eve Gametime | Youtube / Twitter

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Ahh okay. Thanks for the list. I have some grinding to do. cause i want 9/9 gold on all my chars for transmog before wod.

    also lets say i do not wanna change the profession i have to engineering what would you recommend for head piece?
    If your going just for the 9/9, you don't need to worry to much about the gear, as long as you understand how to play Brewmaster and just try and keep your stat priority as recommended (that and have a good group to go with) you should be fine for just getting 9/9. But if I had to answer your question, next potential item(s) i'd go after would be Hood of Blackened Tears from Immerseus, Siege of Orgrimmar or Soulburner Crown from Lilian Voss, Scholomance HC.

  14. #34
    I believe the Lei Shen mace is BiS for Disc. It has a Red Socket (+60 int bonus) and the stat weight budgets more towards Int than secondaries giving the mace +80 intellect at 463 iLvl, for a total of 140 extra Int over the wand. It works out to be 140 Int vs 160 crit/haste mix I believe, and I think the int wins there.

  15. #35
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Engineering Corner of Shrine
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by xarxz View Post
    Wrong. Hit/exp/spirit for spriests moonkins and ele does not scale down. You absolutely want to have as much hwf gear as possible in slots with poor other options to get caps, then go for better itemised pieces in remaining slots. There is a reason that the top groups are getting absurd times now as opposed to 5.0. They can cap hit off 4-5 slots and get 12 slots worth of free secondaries.
    Don't spread false information. If you have a lot of hit/expertise on one piece the amount of stats is reduced on every other piece. The reason top groups are getting absurd times is because they are absurdly good.

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...v%C3%A1/simple This is the armory of the mage from the best team in the world. Gear with hit ranges from 489 to 561 in ilvl, and few of the pieces are upgraded, which would increase the hit even further.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    I believe the Lei Shen mace is BiS for Disc. It has a Red Socket (+60 int bonus) and the stat weight budgets more towards Int than secondaries giving the mace +80 intellect at 463 iLvl, for a total of 140 extra Int over the wand. It works out to be 140 Int vs 160 crit/haste mix I believe, and I think the int wins there.
    I've been aware of this one for a while now, currently, I and a couple of others I've talked to are on mixed grounds for maximizing Int or maximizing Haste/Crit on items, currently, both methods are good, regardless which approach you go for, right now, I think maximizing Int on as many pieces as possible is probably the better idea, however, i'd try and only stick for the items which gives you those really high gains of Int such as the Lei Shen neck and weapon. I'll double check with more priest feedback for this one, but atm, i'll add it to the note for the weapon slot. Though, I still need to see the actual amount of Haste/Crit you loose from trying to maximize the amount of Intellect you gain, either way, i'll they are in the notes for there represented item slots for now, i'll just update on what will be the better one once we get more tests on it are done, though if there any others which can leave there own thoughts on it, as I know at the moment you do gain an extra ~400 Int if you swap into the items listed for higher amounts of Intellect, it'll be greatly appreciated!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by xarxz View Post
    Wrong. Hit/exp/spirit for spriests moonkins and ele does not scale down. You absolutely want to have as much hwf gear as possible in slots with poor other options to get caps, then go for better itemised pieces in remaining slots. There is a reason that the top groups are getting absurd times now as opposed to 5.0. They can cap hit off 4-5 slots and get 12 slots worth of free secondaries.
    He's not wrong, actually. You don't get extra stats with HWF gear compared to a regular piece, regardless of the ilvl as long as it's above 463. If the gear has a tremendous amount of hit on it like a HWF piece, it compensates by taking even more stats out of the other secondary (you can test this easily in PG. What the stat shows on the item is not true at all, equip and unequip the item to see the real amount of stats you gain). I have HWF pieces that actually give me negative of the other stat in it I.E. a piece with huge hit and haste on it gives me negative haste just because there is so much hit on it.

    Basically, you don't get "free hit" from items with more hit on them. It just compensates. The biggest thing about gear is to just get items with as many sockets as possible (because losing secondary at least for a spriest is worth it for the gem slot) and right itemization. Ilvl does not matter.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Draemi View Post
    This sometimes happens. When you enter a new challenge mode instance try and opening your character pane and your engineering pane first, once this is done, your free to close it and from then onward, the macros should work. You'll have to redo this process for each new instance you enter.
    Tried that and it still didn't work. Not that big of deal I guess, was just pointing it out to ya.
    Narye/Sofex - Zul'jin US PvE - 0/17M T17- 9 hr/wk - Exiled Legion

  19. #39
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Engineering Corner of Shrine
    Posts
    187
    You are better off having two belts with one enchant on each anyway. Casting a new engineering enchant takes quite a while. (Just remember that you initialize a 30 second cooldown when you swap in an item.)

  20. #40
    Epic! chaosjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Old Tristam
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Draemi View Post
    If your going just for the 9/9, you don't need to worry to much about the gear, as long as you understand how to play Brewmaster and just try and keep your stat priority as recommended (that and have a good group to go with) you should be fine for just getting 9/9. But if I had to answer your question, next potential item(s) i'd go after would be Hood of Blackened Tears from Immerseus, Siege of Orgrimmar or Soulburner Crown from Lilian Voss, Scholomance HC.
    Sorry should have mentioned i am a priest.

    Active Wow Player | Active D3 Player | Active Eve Player | Active Wot Player | Scrub Openraid Raid Leader| Eve Gametime | Youtube / Twitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •