Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is the PS Vita any good?

I'm considering getting one for travelling and stuff and I'm just wondering if it's worth it, is it any good, do you like it?

Are there any good western RPGs for it? So far I've only seen JRPGs.

Please let me know!

Hand Held Sony devices are always the best. It's always been that way to be honest.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    I own one, and I never touch it. /frown

3DS has lots of good rpgs on it, although most are also jrpgs

I'm not sure about western RPGs for it.

I got one last year. I've played Gravity Rush (i liked it) and I've been playing through the original Final Fantasy (damn last dungeon). I have all the Final Fantasy games from PSN, Uncharted, and AC: Liberation for it, but I don't play handhelds other than when I travel. For that purpose, I really do like the Vita and it has other features that can be pretty handy and fun on trips.

I got a 3DS XL this year, though, so now they'll fight for which goes on each trip

Deleted
    Its a good handheld console, but there just isn't very many good games for it.

Deleted
    How is it compared to the 3DS?

One good thing there is no region lock so if you can read and understand moonrune there is lots of games you can import. 3ds does have a bigger libary then the ps vita. Vita has more recognition in Japan then it does in the US. Other thing that sucks is the memory cards costing so much. Do you plan on getting digital downloads or physical copies?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    One good thing there is no region lock so if you can read and understand moonrune there is lots of games you can import. 3ds does have a bigger libary then the ps vita. Vita has more recognition in Japan then it does in the US. Other thing that sucks is the memory cards costing so much. Do you plan on getting digital downloads or physical copies?
    Physical unless I can't get a specific game in which case digital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    How is it compared to the 3DS?
    terrible. it has better specs but the library simply does not compare. theres a few really good exclusives for the vita but everything ele worth playing is either a port or just a downloadable version of a psp game.

honestly the only game that seems to really be worth having is persona 4 golden though. while on the 3ds theres animal crossing, fire emblem, the new pokemon games, kid icarus, luigis mansion, the list goes on.
    Last edited by Bladeface; 2013-12-18 at 06:19 PM.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

From what I understand the game library sucks but with the ps4 can't you use it to remote play or something? That's kinda cool.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Physical unless I can't get a specific game in which case digital.
    Ps vita pretty has almost all JRPGS sadly not many western as I said it's more popular in Japan then it is in US. It's specs are amazing but the libary for the games are tiny unless you import them from Japan and understand Japanese. 3ds has a bigger Library from my understanding none of the handhelds have western rpgs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    From what I understand the game library sucks but with the ps4 can't you use it to remote play or something? That's kinda cool.
    Might work if you have the new ps vita 2000 has LCD screen and not OLED and less chance of getting a burn in image from the OLED. I wouldn't risk shorting the already short life on the Ps vita cause of the OLED screen.

Deleted
    It's a good device but it lacks top quality games, the 3DS blows it away in that department. If you have or plant to get a PS4 though the remote play feature is really cool.

Deleted
    Alright, I see an occuring theme here, thanks for the advice guys!

I touched one, and those buttons felt cheap and easily broken.
    Wouldn't buy one.

Deleted
    If you have access to a Japanese PSN account there's a pretty damn good library, if you're only going to be able to play localized games then it's a little lackluster and the 3DS would probably serve more purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I touched one, and those buttons felt cheap and easily broken.
    Wouldn't buy one.
    3ds is the same way those plastic corners brake easily that hold the flip screen up. One little hit and BAM broken beyond repair also the buttons are cheap on it too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Hand Held Sony devices are always the best. It's always been that way to be honest.
    lol have you even played a 3DS ? Vita is shockingly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    Both have their faults tbh. 3ds being underpowered and has lag issues in some games. Vita with it's shockingly low library. 3ds games don't interest me tbh I have both so I am a Idort but to say the least I kinda got tired of the constant rehashing of the 3ds games. I get it everyone loves mario kart but do we need 8 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    Vita isn't bad at all, it's a fantastic device. But as others have pointed out, its library is lacking and that's really its weakness.