Thread: boomkin/feral

boomkin/feral

Is it weird to spec that way on a druid? Does anyone spec both roles for the same purpose (eg both for pve or whatever) or us that just odd ?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

eyyyyyy pass the bong bro

Deleted
    No, why would it be. Why was this worth a thread?

In terms of doing PvE there isn't much point to do it. For example if you played Boomkin main spec and had the idea to swap to Feral on a fight that Feral performs better on then it doesn't really work because you're then competing for a raid position as melee, and seeing as you only have offspec gear you're not likely to win that spot and you'd be better either playing Boomkin or sitting out for someone else.

I do play Boomkin/Feral but I never expect to raid as Feral, more of something to do for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is odd, just because you can't interchange the gear at all so you truly do need 2 completely different sets of gear, plus if you're in a raiding guild and a hybrid they usually want an offspec to be that 3rd healer or tank when needed. Not like it's wrong but yeah it's weird.... Unless one is purely just for pvp then completely understandable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like healing or tanking on a druid, or simply prefer DPSing, that's not weird at all. There are plenty of pure DPS classes out there that are forced to do this, except without NEARLY as much of a playstyle difference between their specs. So no it's not weird to do this. Nor is it weird to be Ele/Enh on shaman if you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele View Post
    No, why would it be. Why was this worth a thread?
    Because it's an unconventional thing to do. Like how its explained here

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    In terms of doing PvE there isn't much point to do it. For example if you played Boomkin main spec and had the idea to swap to Feral on a fight that Feral performs better on then it doesn't really work because you're then competing for a raid position as melee, and seeing as you only have offspec gear you're not likely to win that spot and you'd be better either playing Boomkin or sitting out for someone else.

I do play Boomkin/Feral but I never expect to raid as Feral, more of something to do for fun.
    Thats what i figured. I main feral on my druid and have for years but ive always been intrigued by boomkins.

I guess what i was looking for was how often this happens. Guess it makes sense to have your main spec (naturally) but have whatever as a toy whether it makes sense or not.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

not wierd at all my friend

I've drop my guardian offspec just to throwing some lazers , to play smth I didn't tried yet, even I had lots gear even some hc pieces, I'm not going to mastered it like feral that I played for a long time and I will drop it back when expansion hit as tank/heal spec are more usefull in terms of queue times and vp capping

Its too hard to complete offspec and be competitive. feral/guardian or owl/restor are better combos.

WoD will make some nice changes for this. You will mostly be able to keep the same gear with the few key items only needing to be swapped.