Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Gonna use this thread again for another noob question. This time about weapons

I'm lvl 90 now, just recently dinged, so im running some heroic DGs, so far I got 2 one handed weapons lvl 463, so I'm dual wielding. It also dropped for me a staff 463. Considering I'm not gonna enchant neither right now, dual wielding is still better? Even when it shows a lil less dmg and attack power on my stats?

The secondary stats are what you should look at on those wpns. Either way if you don't care enough to enchant them then I wouldn't worry about it to much since you think you will be upgrading soon. Based on the JP you have the staff might be better since you can upgrade it 1 time and get the same benefit you would get upgrading the other 2, so same effect 1/2 the JP spent.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm asking cause I was reading the sticky WW guide, it says to use two hand weaps only if it is like 10 ilvls higher than the dual wielding weaps, but I didn't quite understand why.

You talked bout secondary stats, two hand weap at same ilvl with both the one handed ones gives more primary and secondary stats

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The secondary stats are what you should look at on those wpns. Either way if you don't care enough to enchant them then I wouldn't worry about it to much since you think you will be upgrading soon. Based on the JP you have the staff might be better since you can upgrade it 1 time and get the same benefit you would get upgrading the other 2, so same effect 1/2 the JP spent.
    This guy speaks the truth

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    I'm asking cause I was reading the sticky WW guide, it says to use two hand weaps only if it is like 10 ilvls higher than the dual wielding weaps, but I didn't quite understand why.

You talked bout secondary stats, two hand weap at same ilvl with both the one handed ones gives more primary and secondary stats
    You wait till the 2H is 10 over the average item level of your 2 1H weapons because that's just how the math works out with Tiger Strikes and weapon speed. After 10 item levels difference the extra stats on the 2H make up for the slightly less Tiger Strikes and other damage.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Ascension, the extra energy regen can help with dpsing as Power Strikes can BUT it can also help if you need quick healing via throwing down some healing spheres when necessary.

Deleted
    How much haste are you guys using with Ascension? I tried it without reforging and it made it quite difficult to avoid capping energy even pressing something every GCD as I was at 9k unbuffed. In particular it became difficult to combine my energy drink with tigereye when trinkets proc'd due to me not being able to jab my energy down enough without wasting time on the trinkets. I also found myself capping during BL/Hero even when using an ability every GCD, as soon as I get a blackout kick proc, it ruins my rhythm and I cap energy again. I'm thinking I should either try it again but reforge half of my haste into something else, or I'm overestimating the impact capping energy will have during procs and I should not worry about it.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    How much haste are you guys using with Ascension? I tried it without reforging and it made it quite difficult to avoid capping energy even pressing something every GCD as I was at 9k unbuffed. In particular it became difficult to combine my energy drink with tigereye when trinkets proc'd due to me not being able to jab my energy down enough without wasting time on the trinkets. I also found myself capping during BL/Hero even when using an ability every GCD, as soon as I get a blackout kick proc, it ruins my rhythm and I cap energy again. I'm thinking I should either try it again but reforge half of my haste into something else, or I'm overestimating the impact capping energy will have during procs and I should not worry about it.
    Switch to Chi Brew. Ascension provides more energy regen but Chi Brew provides TEB stacks which far out weighs the increased haste you'd need to make up for the difference in energy. Make that change then see how it goes.

There is no benefit to combining Energizing Brew (energy drink) with TEB. Use TEB with trinkets, don't worry about using it with EB.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutora View Post
    I'd say Ascension, the extra energy regen can help with dpsing as Power Strikes can BUT it can also help if you need quick healing via throwing down some healing spheres when necessary.
    Ascension is not as useful as Chi Brew because Chi Brew provides TEB stacks when used, modified by mastery. This means you can proc 2-4 stacks of TEB from every use. This far outweighs the difference in energy regen, just pick up more haste to make up for it.

Ascension is the old way of thought, not the current best way.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch