Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    not good with computers
    chaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,474

    Armory Stats - Battle Pet Collection, Blue Tweets, Winter's Veil Fan Art

    TCG Pets Giveaway - Day #1

    Common Situations with the Three Resources Part 3, MLG/ManaGrind Weekend Tournaments

    Armory Stats - Battle Pet Collection
    Today we are taking a look at the battle pet ownership achievement completion rate of players. Now that achievements are account wide, we can group characters by account and get an idea of what percentage of players (not characters) have completed an achievement.

    These numbers are based off of the players that have earned the achievements in the pet collection series and Raiding with Leashes, Raiding with Leashes II: Attunement Edition, Crazy for Cats, and Celestial Family.

    The data used today is a sample of 8.1 million characters from 3 million accounts. The sample is slightly biased, as players who are not in a guild are much less likely to appear in our sample. You can leave suggestions for future stat posts in the comments!

    Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!
    Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

    Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warlords of Draenor
    During WoD beta I hope you guys will be on the Beta forums with us all like GC did for Wrath, it would mean alot to us.
    We definitely will. Beta is the time for lots of change, feedback and iteration. (Source)

    Classes
    Are Raid CDs gonna be looked at/rehauled in WoD?
    We're looking at them, but nothing that we're ready to announce yet. (Source)

    Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Cool. Just one last question; how do you guys feel about WW's new mastery? worked out in the end? I like it b/c of chibrew now
    Yeah, overall, Windwalker mastery (after several iterations) is looking fairly solid to us. Not perfect, but pretty good. (Source)

    Any word on MW Monk Mastery? Currently scales horribly, and can be 100% negated by other players movement/lack of attention.
    What do you think of the Detonate Chi talent we showed at BlizzCon? (Source)
    having it as a talent means when you're spec'd for the other talents your mastery still goes back to scaling horribly
    What if it were baseline, not a talent? (Source)

    Is the intent with fist stance that you pick it and stay in it the whole fight or swap based on high/low damage phases?
    Swap based on phase is fine. Swap in between every few GCDs is not fine. (Source)

    Character / Items
    What's the chance on transmogging between Axe/Mace/Sword and Polearm/Staff? Bigger issue with changing primary stats in 6.0.
    It's unlikely for both philosophical & technical reasons. (Source)

    Will CDR trinkets change to Readiness rating in 6.0 to scale down as you level? Or going to be effectively "turned off" 100?
    Yes, the SoO trinkets that the new stats are based on will likely change to the new stat, in 6.0. (Source)

    PvE
    Bosses bypass Armor quite often, is there changes to Armor incoming to make Bonus Armor more reliable?
    No, that's kind of the intended interesting part of Armor. It's good against the dragon's claws, not so good against his breath. (Source)
    TBH I would appreciate it if things like Snapping Bite died a horrible death.
    Snapping Bite was a problem because it resulted in a significant tank imbalance on that fight, not because it ignored armor. (Source)
    But the ignoring of armor is what caused the tank imbalance. Obviously I don't expect that to continue to be a thing.
    We have abilities that ignore armor all the time. Usually they're done in such a way that it affects tanks equally, but not here. (Source)

    PvP
    Haven't really done much pvp in my 3 years playing wow Did a bit in wrath but thats about it What would you say I'm missing
    Personally, I love the variety of gameplay that PvP offers. Competition rarely plays out the same way twice in a row. (Source)
    But, like any other part of WoW, your experience with PvP will have a lot to do with who you play with. (Source)

    Why is it that the Vicious War Wolf isn't account wide, but the Skeletal Warhouse is? Please tell me it's an oversight.
    The Vicious Skeletal Warhorse? As far as I know it is not account wide. (Source)

    Btw are you gonna keep r1 and glad percentages the same? Everyone is stoked - gonna increase incentive to playz!
    Our intent is to keep the relative number of rewards the same. Last season based on team count. This season on player count. (Source)
    Despite what the Internet would have you believe, a larger % of playerbase is doing 3s than previous seasons. But not 3x. (Source)
    Well sure - I'm just selfish and I wanna know if I should camp my grevious gladiator or no LOL :>>>
    We are taking a look at it. The fact that more people are on the ladder since no team is required increases the pool size. (Source)

    Fan Art
    Today we have some Winter's Veil themed fan art!

    Last edited by chaud; 2013-12-27 at 09:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Oh boy I thought I was casual with my pet collection. Seems I am in the top 5% though. I feel dirty now

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    5,376
    I have 532 unique pets and everything except the celestial family. Can't be bothered with the tournament. Not got any of the timeless isle ones either I don't think, maybe 1 or 2 at most.

  4. #4
    I was expecting more pet collectors too, 0,5% on tournament looks too low :S

  5. #5
    568 next week maybe 574 ! (Tuskarr Kite from TCG the only TCG pet thats missing on my list :c )

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk Faithshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,754
    The celestial family requires you obtain all 4 pets, which takes 10 victories. I have 2 pets and 4 wins but wouldn't show up on that chart.

  7. #7
    Strange. Celestial Family is boring, but easy.
    And i'm one of 5%, lol.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire tumppu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    448
    I have none of the raid pet collection achievements, because I prefer getting them as drops as opposed to buying. Also, I have abysmal luck with pet drops.

    But at ~460 pets, I seem to fit the top 5% despite not having any non in-game pets (TCG stuff etc).
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    5,376
    That's 0.5% not 5%

  10. #10
    My highest level pet is level 6 and i've been playing since MoP release, I can't say i'm not surprised most other people can't be bothered with it aswell.

  11. #11
    Celestial Tournament is not popular. What a surprise.

  12. #12
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I have 532 unique pets and everything except the celestial family. Can't be bothered with the tournament. Not got any of the timeless isle ones either I don't think, maybe 1 or 2 at most.
    Tournament looks challenging in a fun way and the pets look among the best. Alas..I couldn't be bothered so far...sitting at 559 pets according to yay mount...no idea if it counts doubles (Blizzard UI says I have 575 pets, so I guess it does)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jichi View Post
    Celestial Tournament is not popular. What a surprise.
    It takes 10 weeks to complete the achievement.
    Judging the popularity by that makes little sense
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  14. #14
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tol Barad
    Posts
    7
    I guess the reason why ppl doesn't have the RWLII is due Coilfang Strider, I for example needed every week since the achievement was availiable to get the freaking pet, while all the other was acquired in something like 2~3 weeks...

  15. #15
    Epic! Sainur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Khazad-dûm
    Posts
    1,658
    I used to be a pet collector back in Cataclysm, back when 150 pets were considered to be a lot of pets that only a few people could ever dream of.

    Now with this silly Pokemon pet system, I no longer care about my pets. It's pointless and a waste of time.

  16. #16
    I'd like to know the % of folks that have 500+ pets (I fall into that category, heh).

    The fact that more than a third of players have 100+ pets, though, really is impressive considering how much effort goes into getting that 100 pre-pet battles, either from pure collecting or actually going through and capturing pets in the wild.

    I'd say the pet battle feature is a success, compared to how many people I see bothering with Archaeology anymore.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaster01 View Post
    I guess the reason why ppl doesn't have the RWLII is due Coilfang Strider, I for example needed every week since the achievement was availiable to get the freaking pet, while all the other was acquired in something like 2~3 weeks...
    I assume you don't get the concept of a random loot; it took you a long time to get the Stalker, and you were quick to get the other pets, but that has no reflection on anyone else - I got the Stalker on my first kill, for example, but am still waiting for the Netherspace Abyssal. Some people in my guild completed it the week it came out.

  18. #18
    I'm part of the .5% I'm just too good!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I used to be a pet collector back in Cataclysm, back when 150 pets were considered to be a lot of pets that only a few people could ever dream of.

    Now with this silly Pokemon pet system, I no longer care about my pets. It's pointless and a waste of time.
    You do realize you're talking about a game within a game right? Everything about WoW is pointless and a waste of time. That's kind of what a pastime is by definition.

    I didn't think I'd like it, and I'm not wild over it, but it's fun enough. My husband says it's boring, but he loves Hearthstone, which to me seems to be about the same in general pace. IDIC.

    Oh, and the Coilfang Stalker is not my sticking point; the Netherspace Abyssal is, which requires traversing the vast majority of Karazhan as well as soloing the Chess event. It's been more annoying than I want to deal with.
    Last edited by solitha; 2013-12-27 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Because I'm a tard and forgot something

  20. #20
    I have 500+ unique pets but don't really have a strong team to do the Celestial tournament with. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the same boat. I collect rather than level them up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •