Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm unsubbed atm because my time ran out yesterday. I thought about re-upping but I don't know. I'm not raiding, I don't have a group to do arenas with, Timeless Isle is more grindy then dailies (and Huo will never drop that freaking mount for me) so... that's why I didn't re-up my sub today. I figure I will probably re-sub soon but holding off a few days makes me use more of the time.

finished content on normal with guild got bored and got bad grades at school.. i'm at last year of high school so i stopped. will be back in WoD though

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    The combat system just isn't fun. It has too many buttons that don't exist for any reason except to add more buttons, and it blatantly comes through in the gameplay, and it feels dull and tedious after a very short time.

That's really it, to be honest. If WoW's combat system still felt fun compared to newer, fresher games that have tidied-up and streamlined the extraneous waste, I'd probably be on-board. But even GW1, which came out in 2005, has a more interesting RPG combat system than WoW.

The fights themselves, and a lot of the utility tools (Disengage, Blink, freestyle Evocate, etc) are actually a lot of fun, though. So I still pop in periodically to try new content out or mess around for a few days. I just can't stay subbed because it's so repetitive and unsatisfying to actually "play" at the core level.

Like I log in, head to a new questing area, start spamming Arcane Shot and... my heart just kind of sinks and dies. Then I camera-flip Disengage and I'm briefly happy. Then I go back to BA > Arcane Shot > ExploExploExploExploExploExploExploExploExploExplo > Arcane ShotArcane ShotArcane ShotArcane ShotArcane Shot and ... ugh.

idk. It's hard to explain. Attacking and fighting stuff in WoW just doesn't feel satisfying.
    Could you elaborate a bit more on what you like about GW1, the specifics with maybe a few direct comparisons where this could be in WoW but is not?

Deleted
    In high school atm and don't have the time because of it.

Nowadays you need to re-do the year if you have more than 1 below-average grade for the core subjects, you just can't afford to mess up. Every day is a very, very long day. Can't commit to a decent raiding guild 3 nights a week with all the studying and homework.

Given how many people supposedly quit because the game got too easy, most of them actually quit so they wouldn't have to realize they weren't as good as they thought they were.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, 2 reasons.

1. Life circumstances. Right now I'm backpacking through Australia and it's rather hard to play any game when you're travelling all the time ^^
    2. I'm slightly burnt out. I've played it for about 7 years I think. I'll probably check out WoD for a little and then it depends on my guild. If the social part can keep me playing, that's fine. If it doesn't, that's fine too.
    The most manly trailer ever made!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJDmP2crAlk

reason when unsubscribed: Not having fun. tedium.

reason for resubscribing: alternatives worse, nothing better to do, cheap form of entertainment/can't go out one night without spending more than the monthly access fee
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

I would actually be unsubbed aswell due to the fact that ive done most of what can be done in mop right now. All i do on My characters is garrosh for a chance on heirlooms other than that im never logged in.
    The sub fee is less than what i make in an hour at work so i just cba unsubbing tbh as im looking forward to wod

Deleted
    I wait for WoD

Deleted
    Incredibly bored ingame. Do not want to LFR, do not want to raid, do not want to pet battle or PVP or achievements. Been there, done that.

Deleted
    Since I began my new full-time job, I resisted as long as I could because I love the universe of Warcraft, but 5.4 sealed the deal for me.
    1) SoO LFR killed by Flex, with hours long queues, made raiding impossible for me, so I can't experience the biggest part of the story anymore
    2) And I hated the Timeless Grind with a passion. 0 story, which was the primary reason for which I was still playing. Boring, time-consuming and repetitive as hell gameplay.

Since there wasn't anything else to do which I hadn't already done, I had to quit unfortunately. WoD seems to go even further in this time-consuming and casual player unfriendly direction, so I'll probably subscribe just one more time in order to retire my Night Elf in Aldrassil with all due honors.

Why exactly are you reading these forums ?

2 reasons:

1. I'm in college, and trying to keep my grades as high as possible. I'm studying all the time, and the little time I spend on other things tend to be the lady friend or real life friends (with video games sprinkled in rarely), and work wherever possible (studying > work > gf > friends). It's not worth the investment.

And 2. Poor college kid sucks. I don't work often, so I need to ration my funds, so to speak. $15 isn't a lot, but it could come in handy at some point (WoW is nearly $200 a year; that's a few bills a month or some groceries). Again, not worth the investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I found other games that require no subscription.
    All my RL friends ditched me after we moved to a latin american server (worst mistake of my wow life)
    I dont like the direction Blizzard is taking their game.
    I was there since BC all the way up to Cata and never received a single beta invite...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Dead server and no it's not been merged. I will not be buying the next expansion.

I unsubbed out of boredom. Its the same old, old game at its core.

Its not worth the sub price any longer considering how much I would log on.

I got 7 days free a while back and did all of LFR SoO. I feel no reason to bother with normal mode now. I've seen everything The mechanics are different? Doesn't matter, I've seen the entire instance. No story and no visuals to push me forward. Goodbye Pandaland, you were...."accessible".

Even though I just recently resubscribed 2 weeks ago - I feel that I should post here as I was un-subbed for over a year and want to explain it, as I wonder if my situation was similar to many others.

I left for two reasons - 1) I hated CRZ (I'm on a PVE server, so don't even go the PVP route), and 2) I couldn't justify purchasing a 40 dollar expansion + 15 bucks a month when there were SO many other games I could buy for that price.

On that note, I always LOVED the idea of the content that Pandaria presented - and wanted to support it, but I hated CRZ that much.

I came back after reading about Garrisons (I always wanted player housing in WoW, and this is the closest thing I'll get to it) so I gave it a 10 day trial test. To my surprise, CRZ has either been tuned back wildly, or there's just less leveling. Wasn't nearly as bad as it was before.

Having said that, I'm absolutely stunned to see how awesome Pandaria is - and am really REALLY saddened to see how many people hate the expansion. =/ This is the first time since Vanilla that WoW actually FEELS like an MMORPG, not just some arcade action raiding game.

EDIT: to that end, I've discovered (partially thanks to my hatred of Cataclysm) that being unsubbed for a long time is actually pretty awesome to come back to a WHOLE game filled with patches/bug fixes/content additions and tweaks. The longer I wait, the more content there is for me to enjoy - and I'm honestly considering simply taking yearly "breaks". It saves a LOT of money, and I get to enjoy the content at MY own pace when I come back without swarms of people to compete with over questing stuff.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-12-29 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Subscribed since early TBC ->
    - Reached max lvl during Wrath
    - Began raiding during ICC
    - Raided with the same guild afterwards, had a blast untill DS
    - Raid team disintegrated
    - Was fine, burned out of raiding, and DS sucked compared to earlier tiers of Cata raiding
    -> Unsubscribed

- Went MMO binge-ing
    - Much dream of other MMOs
    - Dreams are shattered as it's realized that they couldn't fullfill the same that WoW did, yet most were good in their own aspects
    - Returns to Runescape, first MMO played (and really, most enjoyment I've ever had questing. Really high quality. Was so disappointed with the WoW "quests" when I first came from Runescape. WoW gameplay was amazing at the time, but the questing? really? such lame.)
    - Plays Runescape on and off as found enjoyable for the better part of a year.
    - Gets banned from Runescape. Mofos. That account was 8 years old. Been e-mail and ticketing Jagex for almost 4 months now, and none replys what so ever. Mofos.
    - Mad.
    - Realize that i miss raiding.

Subscribed ->
    - made some alts on friends servers, friends stopped playing.
    - Oh well, switched to the old lvl 85 main, really just wanted to raid anyway, regardless of server that friends played on.
    - Got to lvl 88, enjoying Pandaria, not as good as Northrend, but much better than most of the Cata zones.
    - Realized that the last raid of MoP had already been out for months.
    - Realized it will be close to a year before WoD hits and I'll be able to progress raid from the beginning of a raid with a competent guild.
    - Was mad again.
    -> Unsubscribe

- Still mad 'Cus no Runescape

Seriously: If anybody that reads this know anyone at Jagex or anything, please help me, was a big part of my late childhood

Deleted
    Played from late vanilla to when the day Cataclysm hit the shelves.
    When I had finished a few quests in Hyjal, I thought "Jesus christ, not again".

But the main reason was probably that I started school again, had a job coming up and got myself a girlfriend.
    The main reason I had for playing was wiping in raids with good guild mates, and the satisfaction and the screams when that boss is finally downed.
    Didn't have the time for that anymore.

Deleted
    nothing interesting to do.