Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Unhappy I'm looking into raiding 10N or even 10H as a tank, but I hear that Blood isn't good.

Can someone explain me why? Or is it because other tank classes just do a better job tanking than a Blood DK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood tanking is fine as far as I know (one of the best 10man guilds on my server uses a DK tank) but its about the most boring spec I've ever played. I've literally fallen asleep tanking a dungeon with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryTP View Post
    Can someone explain me why? Or is it because other tank classes just do a better job tanking than a Blood DK?
    Blood not good? Dk tanks is bis now, they are what paladins were before they got nerfed in 5.4

I really don't know as I am a new player, sort of. But I've heard people say it's bad. So should I stick with it ?

Deleted
    Stick with it if you want to play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Blood not good? Dk tanks is bis now, they are what paladins were before they got nerfed in 5.4
    Wha? DKs are far from Monk/Warrior/Paladin-level mitigation/damage. We share the bottom tier with Guardians (unless something's changed).

blood dks are not bad, but other tanks are simply better like stated above. It's not like back during Firelands where having a dk tank meant you had to pray to the RNG gods every fight that the dk wouldn't just fall over randomly.

They take a bit burstier damage than monks/paladins/warriors and don't have the same level level of utility as those but they're more than good enough. Sure if you're undergeared you might get hurt a bit, especially in 25man, but if you're only getting into 10man normal now then you should be okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had no problem tanking 14/14 bosses so far in 10N.

we are at the moment 6/14 heroic 10 man and our blood tank is tanking everything progression wise (and farm too :P) so blood dk's are imo by no means weak at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides, DK's being "under" all of the under tanking classes (by what measure?) doesn't mean they're under by a huge degree.

There will always be the "optimal" tank which Blood dk is not right now, (Rigg sat his for the first time in forevs for a monk) but there are loads that have cleared all heroic content.

It sounds like you are playing pretty casual so I would say use it

Don't listen to whoever says "don't play a spec because it's bad." If you try it and have fun with it, then nobody should stop you from playing a blood DK. I do not play a DK, so I don't have any specific DK advice for you.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

well played blood tank is better than them all imo.

Other tanks have only better Raid cds. I tanked 10/14 hc and healers won't change me for other tank

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    blood dks are not bad, but other tanks are simply better like stated above. It's not like back during Firelands where having a dk tank meant you had to pray to the RNG gods every fight that the dk wouldn't just fall over randomly.

Best summation of blood in SoO.

In the right hands a blood dk can really shine but on average paladins, warriors, and monks are better represented in raids.

Don't listen to the haters.

They're just jelly because all the healers love you since you make their job easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    well played blood tank is better than them all imo.
    No, it's not.

blood dks are the worst because the other 4 tank classes can smooth out dmg, dks are the only class that can actualy take full dmg melee swings and do nothing about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    blood dks are the worst because the other 4 tank classes can smooth out dmg, dks are the only class that can actualy take full dmg melee swings and do nothing about it
    They all can take full damage. Warriors can't CTC cap any more. Bears don't parry OR block.