Proving Ground: DPS

Hi there!

I'm struggling with PG, wave 3 to be precise. The other 9 waves i just SE&F my way to victory.

Any hint?

I'm using Tiger Lust | Ascension | Leg Sweep | Xuen as talents.

Deleted
    For the third wave: Use Xuen and stun the monkeys, use SEF on one and nuke the other. Due to the stun in the beginning, you can already AE the virmen in the beginning. Though, when the monkeys run away, focus them first, and come back later for the virmen. And Chi Brew should be better than Ascension, because you can use it in the hard waves, and not use it / regain the charges in the easier ones.
    Though it's a long time since I was there, and I didn't go that high, but it was enough for the 30 waves for the achievement. So, if you're pushing for more ranks, others may help you more.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2013-12-27 at 05:42 PM.

nah just going for the achievement.

I really can't target the two hozen in that mess. I use Xuen + stun + some Aoe 'till they get out from the big group of virmens.

Well i need some more try, but wiped a few times on waves 26+ a bit tired so need some 2cooling down".

Thx for the info.

i did it! just wave 33, am not that good with monk WW, so i'm more then satisfied.

Now, CMs as Brewmaster...any tip?

IMO RJW is the way to go for proving grounds.

The moment wave 3 spawns use leg sweep/charging ox, SEF one monkey whilst you klll the other. Disable can also help with the monkeys.

Deleted
    Without Xuen, I couldn't really beat wave 10 back then. Though, for most other waves, RJW would be better.
    [e] Still taling about the WW challenge.

You can swap talents around (if its off cd ofc), I got to wave 62 before wiping to the 63rd wave a while back, could probably beat it if I tried but 1 hour to get to there sucks

Deleted
    Iirc using Xuen on wave 10 (45 seconds before the timer of the wave ends) means, that the CD resets exactly in the beginning of wave 3. And without Xuen... I have no idea how to beat that wave, I used both charges of CB, and was in TeB almost the whole 30 seconds of the damage phase (and even some in the other), and still barely managed to kill it, whereas on other waves I had more than 20 seconds left. Probably in single target the gear (I have no CM gear, and didn't bother reforging) does make such a huge difference. Or they stealth-nerfed the HP of the big sha sometime after the first evening.
    And yes, the repetitiveness sucks. I wanted to try it on my WL, but got annoyed on wave 5 or so and stopped. ^^

Deleted
    A good way to beat that wave without Xuen for the achievement is to utilise your bloodlusts.

You don't need a bloodlust for wave 5.
    BL spawned on 4 used on wave 10
    BL spawned on 6 used on wave 13
    BL spawned on 14 used on wave 20
    BL spawned on 16 used on wave 23
    BL spawned on 24 used on wave 25
    BL spawned on 26 used on wave 30.

This doesn't keep working, really, but it's great for just grabbing the achieve.

Stun on spawn, SEF, Spin to winx2 and they're off. Tigers lust to keep up + Rising Sun and they're pretty much close to dead. Then SEF on opposite side(or in 2 whateveryoucallquadrantswhenthere'sonlythreeofthem with yourself in the third. Spin away. SEF high health mobs when there's only 4-5 remaining and go around killing all the ones with not much health left yourself towards the end)

I can usually finish wave 23 with a good 15+ seconds left doing this. Without BL it's doable, but tight, but I always prefer to save Xuen for x5 and x10 waves. You get less usage out of it but it's just much better. I always feel they're the slightly harder waves. I actually switch between ascension and chi brew depending on waves.

x1x2 chi brew, x3 ascension, x4x5 chi brew, x6 ascension, x7,8,9,10 chi brew. It's tedious, but the best results, I think. Similarly you could switch out xuen for RJW for wave 3 and then back in for Wave 4. Tedious but a big bonus.

Anothing thing to note if you're really hunting for bonuses but don't want to faff with talent changes is that if you time it right you can get an amber sphere to hit the center of the formation in wave 3. You can utterly destroy the 2 monkeys in this because of the 6 seconds of stun + the follow up stun from yourself. It's truly an awfully long time to nuke if you wanted it. The way I did this was to SEF the two guards and nuke down the jinyu on wave 2, ignoring the Amber maker. Jinyu usually dead just as the first amber reaches it, faster if I hit it with a wave 1 amber. Then Run around for a bit. Use the amber spawned at 35 seconds to hit the banshee. Nuke that in a couple gcds. Then you amber the amber-spawner dude at 21-24 seconds. Bring him low(under 30kish) From there he breaks out at 15-18 seconds. Casts another one. Run around and don't get ambered. He'll recast amber at around 6 seconds left. Chi burst/lightning him to death and that gives you one guarenteed amber. Run around in a tight circle in the middle and bam, free extra damage. Go nuts.