Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Fury warrior are not proc based at all. They're solely based around colossus smash with one proc in there for reals which is the wild strike or whatever it's called. Essentially fury just builds up their rage for when smash comes off cd with 1 proc of raging blow. If I'm not mistaken then you want to bloodthirst, Csmash, raging, raging, thirst, raging all while spamming heroic strike which is off the GCD and then you pool rage again.
    Both Wild Strikes and Raging Blow are procs. That is where the trick really lies, in aligning 2 procs of RB (Berserker Rage can be used to create on in case you don't have the two) and then you weave HS into CS as a Rage Dump. Now the rotation changed a bit with the Galakras trinket and Storm Bolt, having to get that into CS too every 2nd CS. Wild Strikes is what you do outside CS while waiting for BT to come off cooldown.

I tend to agree with you that it's not that proc-ish, but the procs do influence the rotation a lot, but in a different way then with Frost DK for example. With Fury your procs essentially decide how your rotation will look like for the next 14 or 20 seconds. And every cycle the rotation can change.

In its old (and imo best) incarnation, the original WW monk mastery had combo breaker making it a lot more proc-based for free attacks, which to me was cool since it gave it (to me) that fighting game feel they were originally trying to go for when there was no auto-attacks either (before it got removed). But yeah, since the mastery change, I don't find it as fun; every once in a long while, you get a proc now, and you hit it. Whereas before it went off a lot and added more fun the way I saw it, and let you get away usually without having to use TP since odds were you'd get a proc on it.

Hmmm... I agree that fury isn't really prc based since while it does have procs the procs themselves are designed more to be gamed later during the smash period and then to give yourself something to use.

So how exactly does 2h frost work then? I'm really excited to see what the shaman whack a mole will look like. I loved my paladin in wrath which boiled down to keep everything on cooldown and pew pew
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    On thinking it over I think it's that Frost feels slow to me, whereas enhance is such a busy spec comparatively (although I'll also add in as a qualifier that I've played 2H frost all xpac due to never having had 1h weapons drop). As enhance you're basically always doing something, and often juggling a bunch of stuff you should be doing. Even my toon visually is this huge flurry of spells and strikes and lightning and whirlwinds, it has this berserking feeling to it that I love.
    For dual wield frost this tier it feels very much the same. Often times you're always hitting a button and you have to juggle runes, runic power, cds, and blood tap stacks. Even with bare minimum haste that can be quite difficult as you hardly ever use two runes at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Hmmm... I agree that fury isn't really prc based since while it does have procs the procs themselves are designed more to be gamed later during the smash period and then to give yourself something to use.

So how exactly does 2h frost work then? I'm really excited to see what the shaman whack a mole will look like. I loved my paladin in wrath which boiled down to keep everything on cooldown and pew pew
    2 hand frost probably plays slower than dual wield. You want to get the most obliterates out as possible essentially. I haven't played it this tier at all unfortunately the only difference from last tier is an added resources in blood tap charges and no haste instead of stacking haste.

Oh and paladins are no longer that way. Enhance and old pallys played the same. Enhance still does but pallys have holy power now which is sort of like a combo point system.

Frost DK basically revolves around 3 procs. Get tellmewhen to tell you when runic power is high and it's basically a proc.

Killing machine proc (oblit) > High runic power (frost strike) > rime proc (howling blast)
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-12-28 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    Vanilla ret paladin.

If you want a complicated rotation, then go Enhance. I always felt like there was a choice of three things at any time I could have been doing and it kind of frustrated me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Frost DK basically revolves around 3 procs. Get tellmewhen to tell you when runic power is high and it's basically a proc.

Killing machine proc (oblit) > High runic power (frost strike) > rime proc (howling blast)
    grrrooooss 2hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Pretty much every melee with the exception of combat (possibly sub as well, I don't know much about sub), and UH DKs fall under proc based.
    Since when is paladin proc based?
    We have one proc.