Enh -- proper cooldown management

I've been absent from the game for over two years now quitting right at Cata's start. At the time of quitting I was one of the top dps in my 25man raiding guid as an ehn shaman. WoD looks interesting and so I've decided to get back into the game.

With all the changes that have happened to the game, plus the increase in burst damage CD's enh shaman have, I was curious if the condition of popping all your haste, Agi, etc CD/trinkets before popping wolves/FET still applied? And if popping wolves/ FET before lust was the only way those CDs could benefit from lust if they can at all anymore?

Thanks for helping out a re-newbie

Deleted
    Our CDs scale dynamicaly now. If your trinket procs 2s after FE is out your golden. QoL changes IMO.

I've heard that our FET/EET snapshot mastery when they are popped, but can't back it up with any data. Everything else is dynamically adjusted.

Because of that, it's potentially a DPS loss if you wait to pop FET after your procs have gone off, as you'll lose some of the proc uptime depending on your reaction speed. If you're confident that your procs will go during in the 30/60 second interval that your FET is up, you can just pop it without worrying about it.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

I was under the impression that snapshotting our totems was out after firelands. Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Refridge View Post
    I was under the impression that snapshotting our totems was out after firelands. Could be wrong though.
    I thought they still snapshotted until recently.

I don't think they do anymore.

Totems / Wolves stopped snap-shotting in DS once the new talent system was implemented.

The only time you should delay your cooldowns are:

1. Unable to hit boss
    2. Cooldowns required for burn phase (Siegecrafter / Paragons / Garrosh)
    3. You won't be able to get any more cooldowns off during that fight, and you have no trinket procs. (At which point you wait until you have procs before using your cooldowns).
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    I've heard that our FET/EET snapshot mastery when they are popped, but can't back it up with any data. Everything else is dynamically adjusted..
    I was under this impression as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    Totems / Wolves stopped snap-shotting in DS once the new talent system was implemented.

The only time you should delay your cooldowns are:

1. Unable to hit boss
    2. Cooldowns required for burn phase (Siegecrafter / Paragons / Garrosh)
    3. You won't be able to get any more cooldowns off during that fight, and you have no trinket procs. (At which point you wait until you have procs before using your cooldowns).
    4. It's also worth delaying if you have the CDR trinket and you've worked out that you can still line up some of the CD's by waiting a few seconds. (depending on version, eg. with the flex one EM/ascendance will line up every other usage, and wolves/EM will always line up)

Has anyone done the math on delaying FET for EM, with a heroic WF AoC?

Quote Originally Posted by Refridge View Post
    Has anyone done the math on delaying FET for EM, with a heroic WF AoC?
    No, my jealousy overcomes me everytime I think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    I've heard that our FET/EET snapshot mastery when they are popped, but can't back it up with any data. Everything else is dynamically adjusted.
    Source on fire elemental "mastery snapshot"
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthre...?t=7017&page=7
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertus View Post
    That is true for changes in our Spell Power, Crit and Haste, but not for Mastery. I tested it in-game with a Monk's Elixir. It did 33400 melee hits without the elixir and 34100 melee hits with the elixir. However, if you remove the buff while the totem is up, it won't update its Mastery bonus.

[21:56:59.556] Primal Fire Elemental hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 30130)
    [21:57:00.528] Primal Fire Elemental hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 28598)
    [21:57:01.462] Primal Fire Elemental hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 30131)
    [21:57:02.417] Primal Fire Elemental hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 30130)
    [21:57:02.726] Desertus gains Monk's Elixir from Desertus
    [21:57:03.453] Primal Fire Elemental hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 30130)
    [21:57:04.462] Primal Fire Elemental crits Training Dummy *1* (O: 60262)
    [21:57:05.471] Primal Fire Elemental hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 30131)
    [21:57:06.461] Primal Fire Elemental hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 30130)
    [21:57:07.388] Primal Fire Elemental hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 30131)
    [21:57:08.454] Primal Fire Elemental hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 30130)

(source: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...D+SWING_DAMAGE
    I think ive mentioned this again more recently and Purge replied this to not be the case anymore.
    Dont quote me on that though I could be recalling incorrectly.

Edit: Looks like Desertus's log expired i'll copy the idea and do a similar one later on today for 100% confirmation though.
    Last edited by Felocity; 2013-12-30 at 03:10 PM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

This. Data. I promise to be contributing some of my own come WoD time. Thanks for the good post.