Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    God, Americans are so touchy about everything. If I'm gay or black or muslim or mexican or anything that is "taboo" all you gotta do is mention it and people will start waving their arms in the air. If you are, who cares? nobody is in the position to judge ANYONE, even if someone is gay, or is a racist.

Just leave people to live their lives in peace.

Oh that was still an issue? I had forgotten O_o
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

see, i don't agree with his beliefs at all. but considering his beliefs don't come up in their show, i didn't think he needed to be suspended. as long as his beliefs are kept out of the show, he should get to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    see, i don't agree with his beliefs at all. but considering his beliefs don't come up in their show, i didn't think he needed to be suspended. as long as his beliefs are kept out of the show, he should get to be there.
    Exactly. He said something wrong, got a little punishment, now he's back in action and he'll probably watch out next time. No need to hype it up more than what's worth.

Specially because what he said was pretty mild, all things considered. Gay people hear way worse stuff throughout their lives.

I mean, groups like Westboro Baptist Church publicly say things like "god hates f**s" and they're still alive and kicking, there's no mass gov't media move to remove them from business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    So what now? Is Stephen Fry gonna make a documentary equating America to Nazi Germany? Are the french not gonna go to sporting events in the states? Are the Germans gonna wear rainbow colored cloths when they visit?
    The UKs great.. because I don't have to watch the kind of shit that get broadcast over the pond. And with robertson and fred phelps running around, I'd say you have a lot more shit to look forward to.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beéfheart View Post
    What's A&E?
    Part of the hospital mate

15+ Year Old Account
    A&E makes a knee jerk reaction to comments made by one of their major stars and then folds to overwhelming pressure from the public not shocked at all more shocked that A&E let it go on this long
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzhoof View Post
    The only one spewing hate is you. He disagrees with you on an issue very close to your heart and therefore is evil? That's pathetic.
    So it's not hate to say such things as:

They’re full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant God-haters. They are heartless. They are faithless. They are senseless. They are truthless. They invent ways of doing evil.
    I can't imagine your definition could be more narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And?

This was, in retrospect, a pretty contrived appeal for ratings, It just means that A&E's okay with that.
    Are you an artist because you are pretty good at drawing conclusions.
    I think A&E is a business and trying to turn a profit.

Lotta thin-skinned people must be angry right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    So the bigots get to keep their hate-spewing redneck on tv. In exchange we got a deep-red conservative state, Utah, in which we now have more equal rights.

I'll gladly give the bigots another 32 ignorant hate-mongers on tv if that gets equal rights throughout the entire nation. I can turn off those channels that support bigotry, after all

You would know about bigots wouldn't you? You're post is typical bigotry, but your're too busy acting like a morally superior, self righteous douche nozzle to realize it. Nothing Robertson said was hateful or bigoted. His opinions just happens to be different from yours and it burns your ass up.

Im glad. This politically correct bullshit we live in needs to change. You cannot fire and force people to resign because they speak their minds. If you dont like it, you dont have to watch. Its about time someone stood their ground and told these people to deal with it.

Say whatever you want. I like how this family sticks with its own.

If you're offended by this and throwing the bigot word, then I'm sorry they don't agree with you, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    A&E makes a knee jerk reaction to comments made by one of their major stars and then folds to overwhelming pressure from the public not shocked at all more shocked that A&E let it go on this long
    That's pretty much it in a nut shell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    Im glad. This politically correct bullshit we live in needs to change. You cannot fire and force people to resign because they speak their minds. If you dont like it, you dont have to watch. Its about time someone stood their ground and told these people to deal with it.
    that kind of BS mentality is what black people had to fight against for equal rights decades ago.

Unless your yourself are a minority that has suffered the slings and arrows of discrimination, can you make a statement of allowing bigots and racists to speak there mind. As you clearly are not, I extend my right to tell you to go learn some cultural history on racism and sexism, and then come back and bark about letting bigots say what they want.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    that kind of BS mentality is what black people had to fight against for equal rights decades ago.

Unless your yourself are a minority that has suffered the slings and arrows of discrimination, can you make a statement of allowing bigots and racists to speak there mind. As you clearly are not, I extend my right to tell you to go learn some cultural history on racism and sexism, and then come back and bark about letting bigots say what they want.
    Wont apologize for being a part of the majority. Feel free to ignore me, call me a bigot, or whatever insult you want to throw at me. I only call it as a I see it. Every ethnic/cultural group has been discriminated against at some point in time. The difference now is that its okay to headhunt every time you feel offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

We all have. Whatever your circumstance is, it isn't unique at all. You don't see all of us crying and wanting heads to roll over every slight though.

I think what happened, is there must have been a discussion about morals and values.

Then CEO came in and said "I like money"

And so they un-suspended the guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy is a dickwad. I never watched the show to begin with but that is my only opinion on this.

Big surprise. And with higher ratings than before right?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8