Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    The problem with just writing off all debt afaik it creates the same problem as dumping a load of cash into poor economy, you wake up one day and it costs 1 million bucks for a loaf of bread.

you'd also in a 'free' country have to let the bankers go because you can't just change a law and say 'hah your doing it right now off to jail you go'. that would be tyrannical.

the zero interest central bank would of been a good idea in the beginning i guess but i'm not an economist so i have very little common knowledge on the subject.
    The debt wouldnt be deleted, it would be put on the back of those who created it, so those are politicians who voted "yes" for debt budget in parliament, bankers, media who supported them and all their lackeys, thats a lot of ppl.

These criminals would work in labour camps just for food and shelter and all the profit from their work would be put into national bank to repay the debts (without interest added, just the principal) which they have created.

you'd also in a 'free' country have to let the bankers go because you can't just change a law and say 'hah your doing it right now off to jail you go'. that would be tyrannical.
    Imprisoning a criminal scum is not tyrannical to me.
    Last edited by mmoc74dbc71507; 2013-12-28 at 02:51 PM.

I understand where your coming from, i do feel that banks are the epitome of ball and chain, but if your plan went into action, even if it was supported by a large portion of the population, you'd still end up with the same situation that happened during the depression, more ppl in jail than the jails can hold, eventually when these 'banker families' get large enough (because it would take many generations to pay off the debt doing menial tasks) you'll just have a revolution on your hands by ppl trapped in jail for the crime of having a job. then you have the moral implications of instantly jailing new borns simple because they happen to be part of the family and the only means of continuing to work off the debt. that in itself is so morally fucked its pretty much on par with genocide.

money talks aswell and a lot of the bankers have the money i think it would be impossible to pull off without a war.

no doubt if there ever is a reform, ppl are going to lose a lot, no transition is happening without some form of conflict by the ppl in a comfortable position and the ppl who support change because neither is going to agree.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2013-12-28 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Two things to note:
    1) There's no source for that quote. Indeed, it would be remarkable that Ford made that statement, given that..
    2) Ford was a fanatic anti-semite who believed the banking system was being run by the jews, and he had published a paper with those views. This led to a number of libel suits that resulted in Ford issuing an apology in 1929 - the same year the above quote was made.

Accept that he's only 100% right when he says that the banking system is run by Jews/Zionists.

Another non-sourced quote, although it mimicks another quote he gave, which was against making the Government the sole money printer in the US.

Good thing the Federal Reserve isn't a private bank then...
    You're not pulling my leg here right? The Federal reserve is about as federal as the Federal Express. This bank was founded by International bankers such as the Rothchilds and Morgans under the threat of economic collapse. Woodrow Wilson was conned Into enacting the Federal Reserve Bank, a privately owned bank given as named as such to give of the illusion that's it's public. Their's a reason why neither the FBI, CIA or the US Government can't audit this bank without legislation. It's a private entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerqt View Post
    You're not pulling my leg here right? The Federal reserve is about as federal as the Federal Express. This bank was founded by International bankers such as the Rothchilds and Morgans under the threat of economic collapse. Woodrow Wilson was conned Into enacting the Federal Reserve Bank, a privately owned bank given as named as such to give of the illusion that's it's public. Their's a reason why neither the FBI, CIA or the US Government can't audit this bank without legislation. It's a private entity.
    Most of the people in charge at the Fed are executive appointees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Why do I have the feeling lockedout doesn't have a single investment to his name.
    The vast majority of Americans do not have investments. Nor the disposable income to create them.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The economy is on life support at 0% interest, this could be a very bad decade if and when those go up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hatlatitla View Post
    The 1st step is to put all debt on those who created it, imprison every banker, politician and their lackeys who put debt on their countries (put debt of whole country on them and make them work that out in work camps in quarries, mines, etc), create one bank per country which would create money (loans and debt) with 0% interest, the bank would sustain itself from payments for bank account from ppl, it would be non-profit organization as it should be.
    Just to be clear are you opposed to central banking or all banking?

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The vast majority of Americans do not have investments. Nor the disposable income to create them.
    Good thing I am not the vast majority.
    I have federal reserve notes but I buy gold and silver at melt when ever possible.
    I own my car and I have ZERO debt, yep that's right ZERO.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    the loss of 99% of the dollarʼs purchasing power
    There's a roughly-proportionate increase in the cost of goods and services, making this a pointless statement. Measuring a currency's worth relative to its past numerical value is a useless measurement. You have to measure it against something tangible -- typically food and shelter costs relative to average wages are a good thing to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    There's a roughly-proportionate increase in the cost of goods and services, making this a pointless statement. Measuring a currency's worth relative to its past numerical value is a useless measurement. You have to measure it against something tangible -- typically food and shelter costs relative to average wages are a good thing to compare.
    You're not understanding purchasing power.

isn't that exactly what he said except in more words
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerqt View Post
    Completely wrong.

The Fed was formed under Hoover, not Wilson.

Appointments to the Fed are made by the President and confirmed by the Senate, not some shadowy cabal of conspirators. Is Yellen in on the conspiracy too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hatlatitla View Post
    The debt wouldnt be deleted, it would be put on the back of those who created it, so those are politicians who voted "yes" for debt budget in parliament, bankers, media who supported them and all their lackeys, thats a lot of ppl.

These criminals would work in labour camps just for food and shelter and all the profit from their work would be put into national bank to repay the debts (without interest added, just the principal) which they have created.

Imprisoning a criminal scum is not tyrannical to me.
    What debt are you talking about?

Private debt or public debt?

- - - Updated - - -

So what if the purchasing power of the dollar as fallen? Why should the purchasing power of the dollar always be constant anymore than GDP should always be constant?

The Fed does not create inflation, it maintains it at a stable level around 2%, and has successfully achieved this for the past 30 years. Inflation was highly volatile, regularly ranging from +10% to -10% before the Fed. Abolishing the Fed also wouldn't reduce inflation, it will just leave it untamed by economic forces which will naturally cause very high inflation in booms and deflation in recessions, if not offset by monetary policy.

0% inflation or deflation is also not a good thing. Just look at Japan, 20 years of deflation has ravaged it's economy.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Why should the purchasing power of the dollar always be constant anymore than GDP should always be constant?
    Gold has remained the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    isn't that exactly what he said except in more words
    No, he didn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people think differently than you, shocker I know.
    Sometimes an opinion is just an opinion, and there is no right or wrong.

But sometimes an opinion can be wrong. This is one of those times.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Sometimes an opinion is just an opinion, and there is no right or wrong.

But sometimes an opinion can be wrong. This is one of those times.
    Says you, thanks for your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I am not the vast majority.
    I have federal reserve notes but I buy gold and silver at melt when ever possible.
    I own my car and I have ZERO debt, yep that's right ZERO.
    Okay, so you're the rich dick everyone on this forum already knows you are. What, you want to throw it in everyone's face? That's a real good way to get all the poor people to cut your high-horse off at the knees.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Says you, thanks for your opinion.
    The banks in America are scammers and assholes, that's no secret.

But the federal reserve isn't some international illuminati.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    The banks in America are scammers and assholes, that's no secret.

But the federal reserve isn't some international illuminati.
    More of a banking cartel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Okay, so you're the rich dick everyone on this forum already knows you are. What, you want to throw it in everyone's face? That's a real good way to get all the poor people to cut your high-horse off at the knees.
    I am far from rich.
    I just am not in debt.
    I guess maybe in todays society not having debt is considered rich?

More of a banking cartel.

- - - Updated - - -

I am far from rich.
    I just am not in debt.
    I guess maybe in todays society not having debt is considered rich?
    As sad as it is, that is pretty much true. You'd be surprised how little it takes to put you in the top 1% of the worlds richest population. It's slightly skewed due to large population poor countries but with the way debt is going, not having any does put you up there.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    As an international community we could solve a lot of financial problems if we got together and outlawed off shore bank accounts. The worlds rich and powerful have stored something like 3-5 times the US's economic debt in offshore accounts, money that governments are legally entitled to tax, the majority coming from America. Get that money out and tax the fuck out of it, America could put at least 100 billion back into their debt by doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know that american dolar is totaly usles?

http://www.silverdoctors.com/russia-...the-us-dollar/

I already got myself some russan money just in case if euro fails. And also saving some gold (never uses a value).
    Don't sweat the details!!!