10+ Year Old Account

Thinking of coming back to the game, could use some help

Football season is coming to a close, and once the bowl season is over I'm going to have nothing to do for most of my "me time". So I'm thinking of getting back into WoW after about a year off (though probably only casually). What I was hoping is that someone could possibly get me up to date on any info that would be useful to me right away. I was fully up to date with everything up to, and including Cata, and while I played MoP for a bit, I was not overly informed about things. One thing I will not need help finding is class mechanics stuff, I'm sure I can get that myself very easily. I feel bad asking for such generic stuff, but I feel this is one of those "you don't know what you don't know" kind of things, so any help would be appreciated.

On an unrelated note, if anyone has a good read on the next expansion, I would love to see it. Though I will likely just end up drudging through the WoD sub forum when I have the time.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

WoD is looking amazing and the announcement alone brought me back. That's just my opinion though. If you join now it could be fun for you, depending on what you want to do.

They have a great PvP system so when you return you have a huge conquest cap. PvP is an option.

Timeless Isle is a fun little questing area to gear up to the current Ilvl

Raid Finder

Flex Raiding, good for running dungeons with any amount starting from 10.

Brawlers Guild : Fun little single player content.

A good amount of Pet Battles.

Basically that's it, there might be some other things you might want to do to catch up like old raids etc. If you want to join now there is plenty to do and it probably is a better time to join, you can spend time playing while waiting for WoD.

WoW has gotten really fun over the past few years. Whether you have a little bit of time or a lot of it, you will have tons of fun.

If you care about this kind of thing or plan on doing LFR most weeks make sure you pick up the legendary quest. There should be a quest in the main city that leads you along it.
    Timeless isle is great for messing around, killing rares, world bosses, and getting some decent gear.