Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Congrats to FFXIV for winning Best MMO of 2013

You guys earned it! Yoshy-P turned a broken game into a master piece! I havent had this much fun in a MMO in a long time! /cheer

While I respect your right to an opinion. I can't believe you're serious. This game is lacking in so many areas in makes me wonder whether this is a mocking gratz or not?

And by the way FF14 has its own forum.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    How many other MMO's came out this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

im not mocking.. I think FFXIV is a great game, I played WoW for a long time and it got dull and boring since you can solo everything! FFXIV brings back that MMO feel that WoW used to have

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    How many other MMO's came out this year?
    Did age of wushu come out this year? I'm so lost it's been such a terrible year for gaming in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've been keeping an eye on the raid encounters for ffxiv and i have to say i'm impressed. they're definitely closer than any other mmo to reaching warcraft level encounters. so congrats to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is it based off of? Games that actually came out in 2013 or...?

I saw this and it's competitors were the drooling leftovers of the MMO market (with the except of EVE Online).

I'm also a bit confused as to why WoW isn't even mentioned, since, when it comes to numbers (or money earned anyway), is a clear winner. EVE is the second largest MMO as far as I'm aware, and being a different genre, isn't really competition for WoW.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The raids are awesome, Im loving crystal tower! and the heroic modes dungeons are pretty hard! i love it

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    i've been keeping an eye on the raid encounters for ffxiv and i have to say i'm impressed. they're definitely closer than any other mmo to reaching warcraft level encounters. so congrats to them.

Won? Where? Who crowned it the Best MMO of 2013 and why?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't have any real competition.

FFXIV (while good) has so many lacking features that an MMO in 2013 SHOULD have.
    Too many games release in 2013 lacking features like it's 2005 again.

And that whole "wow didn't have it when it released" argument is so fail.
    Features like PVP shouldn't be used to make patches seem like anything other than overhyped hot fixes, and yet so many games do that.

"Let's not include this feature until X patch so that we can pretend we're still making huge improvements to the game".
    Same route SWTOR went down, releasing without the dungeon finder. Too many people quit before they released it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    It didn't have any real competition.

FFXIV (while good) has so many lacking features that an MMO in 2013 SHOULD have.
    Too many games release in 2013 lacking features like it's 2005 again.

And that whole "wow didn't have it when it released" argument is so fail.
    Features like PVP shouldn't be used to make patches seem like anything other than overhyped hot fixes, and yet so many games do that.

"Let's not include this feature until X patch so that we can pretend we're still making huge improvements to the game".
    Same route SWTOR went down, releasing without the dungeon finder. Too many people quit before they released it.
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    im not mocking.. I think FFXIV is a great game, I played WoW for a long time and it got dull and boring since you can solo everything! FFXIV brings back that MMO feel that WoW used to have
    HAHAHA.. omg that was just too funny to read... *wipes tear.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm so lost it's been such a terrible year for gaming in general.
    I don't get why everyone says this, I found a ton of enjoyable games this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    What exactly is it based off of? Games that actually came out in 2013 or...?

I saw this and it's competitors were the drooling leftovers of the MMO market (with the except of EVE Online).

I'm also a bit confused as to why WoW isn't even mentioned, since, when it comes to numbers (or money earned anyway), is a clear winner. EVE is the second largest MMO as far as I'm aware, and being a different genre, isn't really competition for WoW.
    Pretty sure it was games that actually came out in 2013. Which is why WoW isn't mentioned.

shitty game, and not surpise coz ESO or next WoW addon delayed for next year, and this year it was only mmo that came out no competition gg

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I don't get why everyone says this, I found a ton of enjoyable games this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it was games that actually came out in 2013. Which is why WoW isn't mentioned.

I said it because while there are goodish games out there that are fun to play this year, nothing inventive was done, the same old formulas are becoming stale.

I'll chime in and also say that:

1. There wasn't much competition.
    2. I don't know if I can really respect your opinion as an authoritative crowning achievement for "Best X of the year."

10+ Year Old Account
    I found Rome 2 Total war to be pretty decent compared to Shogun 2..... Sim City 5 was boring as hell, Kerbal space program wasn't to terrible..., Civ 5 is the same as Civ 4 with slightly upgraded graphics i think.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

i find it funny that people bash a game when they even havent played it or played it a few levels and just gave up... im glad i dont have to deal with retards in FFXIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm so lost it's been such a terrible year for gaming in general.
    It's a little funny that you mock him then say this. We're supposed to take you seriously after a statement like that?

FFXIV:ARR is definitely the best MMO of 2013 but then, there weren't many MMOs that could compete in the first place. Wildstar and ESO are both a ways away.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    i find it funny that people bash a game when they even havent played it or played it a few levels and just gave up... im glad i dont have to deal with retards in FFXIV
    >Says we don't play FFXVI.
    >Says he doesn't deal with retards in FFXVI [as opposed to WoW/MMO-C]
    >Implied we're retards for our disagreeing opinion.