Ryse son of Rome

Anyone else had a chance to play this game?

I got it for my brother for Xmas and I've already beat it on the most difficult setting. All in all I thought it was a pretty fun game, just lacks replay value.

I'm a little disappointed with the multiplayer. I was hoping for maybe some epic battles with friends or even being on the barbarian or roman side in battles. For a the first wave of games for the Xbox one this was a pretty good start imo. Really excited to see what comes in the future.

Video of me in the arena

http://sdrv.ms/1cvVL63

Played some campaign and coop at a girlfriends house and i loved it, looks amazing and the combat feels great. If i would buy a xbone Ryse would be a day one.

The combat looked like something that would get old extremely fast.

Never even heard of it. Watched your vid, actually looks like a pretty cool game. May have to give it a try.

Got really sick of the executions, really quick

it was a great game. loved missions 5 and afterwards! Worth a rent not a buy. I burrowed it from my friend

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    The combat looked like something that would get old extremely fast.
    Mostly timing based. If you fuck up a block, shove, or roll on Legendary you lose a large chunk of life. Health regen is also much much lower.

It does get a little boring at times but it feels like one of those games you don't have to play a lot to enjoy. It's something I could go back and play for a few hours here and there just to have fun.

when i saw the commercial for this, i thought it was an imperial soldier from elder scrolls. immediately almost orgasmed because i thought a new elder scrolls game was on the way >.<

looks pretty nifty though, i'll have to give it a try.

Decent looking and horrible playing Dynasty Warriors, with executions that get really boring to watch and the general feel of running down one extended hallway through the whole game.

Pretty boring game. It's an excellent example that Crytek can create an great visual but lack in gameplay mechanics, storyline and lore. Another benchmark game. Reminds me of Spartan: Total Warrior game from PS2 for some reason.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2013-12-28 at 03:22 PM.

The gigantic amount of derp I've read about the story of this game has overthrown my distaste of it's QTE gameplay, which is a feat in itself as I'm more of a gameplay type
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Shallow but not unfun.