Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielvonluchau View Post
    I was just wondering if the reason we haven't had any truly "epic" raids since Ulduar (this is of course my opinion) may have something to do with the fact that you can SEE (I'm just talking about seeing) the raid content with the click of a button. I know Heroic modes are hard, but you can still see the bosses and environments in LFR extremely easily. I only raid through LFR because all I want is to see the content, I don't care about loot, achievements, mounts or progression. Before LFR I had an incentive to raid properly, and raids did feel a million times more epic when not served on a silver platter right in front of me.

    Of course you could just "not use LFR", but the fact that there is a way to see the content that easily removes the incentive for people like me to raid properly, and also removes the "Epic" feel of the raid.

    This is not a LFR QQ thread, I was just wondering why there IMO haven't been any truly memorable raids since the introduction of LFR.

    Do you think that Ulduar would still be epic back then if 80% of the playerbase had completed it and killed Yogg-Saron? If you could SEE the raid in a few hours with the click of a button and then rushing through it with strangers? It got me thinking.
    You do realise that there were almost 10 additional raids released after Ulduar before LFR was added, right? If Ulduar indeed was the last epic raid i highly doubt LFR had anything to do with it.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    You say that like the appeal of exclusivity isn't a widely recognised thing
    Finishing the Algalon quest in Dalaran made our guild feel pretty damn great at the time, not now when pretty much anyone can go and do it.
    Algalon is 2 expansions away, why do you care whether its exclusive anymore?

  3. #163
    When reading threads like this, one could come to think that it's actually "the raiders" who are ruining everything for everyone, including themselves, and should consequently be expelled from the game. If you do this, "the raiders" will "feel obliged" to do that, if you change X, "the raiders" will have to do Y, if you implement whatever, "the raiders" will be butthurt and unhappy because of Gobbledygook. They just seem to have a problem with everything or make a problem out of anything, which makes the solution for all WoW problems very clear: remove raiders from the game and everyone's happy.

  4. #164
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Saishiro View Post
    You do realise that there were almost 10 additional raids released after Ulduar before LFR was added, right? If Ulduar indeed was the last epic raid i highly doubt LFR had anything to do with it.
    10 raids but 4 tiers. Of those tiers you have the following:

    ToC - if you liked lore, story, new boss / armor / environments, this place was not for you.
    ICC - The introduction of the progressive buff/nerf, was gated, and personally people were pugging first few bosses on 10man before that buff hit. Post buff 10man except maybe putricide/lich king(/sindra too maybe?) was comparable to lfr
    BWD/BoT/Tot4W - I liked this, but I didn't like the "final bosses" being nefarian/onyxia/sinestra. Al'akirs raid was tacked on with no reason behind it other than "he is on deathwings side". Lacked continuity or progression, in other words.
    Firelands - I really enjoyed firelands, lost of new mechanics and it was ok for a mid-tier. It was only 7 bosses though.
    Dragon soul - introduction of LFR.

    ICC is often seen in a comparable light to ulduar by some. Reasons above why I feel other tiers may not compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    When reading threads like this, one could come to think that it's actually "the raiders" who are ruining everything for everyone, including themselves, and should consequently be expelled from the game. If you do this, "the raiders" will "feel obliged" to do that, if you change X, "the raiders" will have to do Y, if you implement whatever, "the raiders" will be butthurt and unhappy because of Gobbledygook. They just seem to have a problem with everything or make a problem out of anything, which makes the solution for all WoW problems very clear: remove raiders from the game and everyone's happy.
    Because removing your most consistent customers ends well for any business ever. Like it or not, raids and by extension raiders are the meat of the game.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Because removing your most consistent customers ends well for any business ever. Like it or not, raids and by extension raiders are the meat of the game.
    No, you clearly got that wrong. It's the pet battlers.

  7. #167
    Of course it wouldnt feel as epic because when you do LFR you just brainlessly run through the instances and it has no atmosphere at all.

    Thats why i think that LFR shouldnt be able to kill the final boss of an instance... for example garrosh... you see the pumping heart, but cannot reach him, instead you have to do it on flex.

    Best of course would be to entirely remove LFR... i mean... are there still people at all who solely play LFR? Why not make the new "normal" (=flex) the difficulty for casuals? Lower the gear requirements a little bit more (because you dont have the gear from lfr anyways).

  8. #168
    Brewmaster Warlord Booty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    1,425
    Ulduar was one of my least favorite raids. Would be just like most of the other LFR instances.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •