Poll: if you or someone you know have a 3DS, what is your/their age?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I know 5 3DS owners and they're 21 (me), 21, 20, 18 and 18.

Your friend is biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    All consoles are for all ages, though if we are going to talk about the games for 3DS then 95% of the games would be for kids at age 5-14.

If most people didn't gnow up with Pokemon the DS would be a huge failure. People don't play pokemon because it's a high quality game, they play it because it's nostalgia and they grew up with it (which is fine, nothing wrong with that). If the game then happens to be mediocre to good then all the better.

Most people I know who own a DS have bought it for Pokemon only. There are the Zelda fans as well ofc, but compared to the pokemon fanbase that number is worthless. :P

Edit: Last Nintedo console I bought was a gameboy SP back when it got released. I something try a DS game on my friends DS (I'l probably play his new Zelda game when hes done with it) but I'l never buy one myself. A console is not worth it for 1 or 2 games.
    yes it is because its a quality game.

pokemon is the 2nd best selling video game series in the WORLD. you dont get to that spot just because of nostalgia. the pokemon fanbase is always growing and changing.

the games have always been high quality and continue to be. all you have to do is play other monster raising/battling rpgs to see that pokemon is clearly at the top in terms of quality.

monster rancher, digimon, dragon quest monsters. none of those games even come close to pokemon in terms of quality
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Crap, I'm mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    23, bought primarily for Pokemon X and Y. Although i did enjoy the Ocarina of Time 3D and am looking forward to Super Smash Bros.
    same reason but in 25

Unfortunately, I forgot to enable multi-choice for the poll

If a mod can enable it, then the poll would probably a little less "biased".

10+ Year Old Account
    23, bought it only for pokemon y, no other game...

27. Didn't get just for pokemon. I own OoT, FE:A, SMT, ALBW, Y, Star Fox, and various virtual console games. It's a fantastic platform.

26 here and I love the 3ds. Great to play while on the crapper
    I have a ton of games too

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I bought my sons DS for him. He is 6 but I occasionally play the more adult games on it such as Final Fantasy and the Zelda games. Games like Pokemon are directed at children, it just so happens that the people who grew up with Pokemon loved it so much as a child they continue to play it. I'm sure it is rare that any adult who knows nothing about Pokemon would pick up the game and enjoy it. I didn't grow up with it and from what I seen it's pretty silly. My son isn't growing up with Pokemon either so it won't be something he enjoys either. I guess my point is there are adult games on the DS that you can't expect kids between 1-10 to grasp.

On that note, I talked my sons grandmom (my mother) into buying him Zelda A Link Between Worlds so I could play it. #selfish
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

21, had a 3DS since release and never regretted it.

Age of 3DS users who frequent MMO-Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    23. I got one solely for Pokemon, but bought a few more titles (Zelda, Bravely Default et al) for good measure too. Worthy purchase so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    People who think Pokemon games are solely directed at children are equal to those who called it "a fad" in the 90's.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2441...mber-6th-edit/

Try claiming that is for children.

Honestly, I'm pretty sick of the idea of pigeonholing things that can be enjoyed by younger people as exclusively for them. I mean, just because something uses bright colors and lacks sex and/or gore doesn't mean adults can't enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, if you like that stuff, then more power to you. It's just that some of us enjoy things that can be shared with a wider audience.

Edit: To stay on topic:

27, have had one since launch. Love it.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

I've been playing Nintendo handhelds since the beginning and I don't see myself getting tired of their titles (Handheld & Console) anytime soon.

27, I have 3DS XL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    So, I'm interested in knowing what age group has the most 3DS users.
    Terrible place to poll something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    25, recently aquired the 2DS so I could play Pokémon X/Y. No regrets.

New Zelda on ly list too
    Arukas

Bought it for Pokemon Y, looking to buy Monster Hunter, and Super Smash Bros when it comes out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes it is because its a quality game.

pokemon is the 2nd best selling video game series in the WORLD. you dont get to that spot just because of nostalgia. the pokemon fanbase is always growing and changing.

the games have always been high quality and continue to be. all you have to do is play other monster raising/battling rpgs to see that pokemon is clearly at the top in terms of quality.

monster rancher, digimon, dragon quest monsters. none of those games even come close to pokemon in terms of quality
    Bullshit. They could have put Digimons with the same quality out there and it wouldn't sell for shit. Nostalgia franchises sell, they always have and always will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Terrible place to poll something like this.
    I keep seeing that, why? It's not biased, not even close. Most people are open for "childish" games and likewise console, if this poll was posted on a forum for elderly then I'd say it would be a bad place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Bullshit. They could have put Digimons with the same quality out there and it wouldn't sell for shit. Nostalgia franchises sell, they always have and always will.
    Establishing a core fanbase early is important, you're absolutely correct. However the fact remains that Digimon wasn't an equally good series of games (or cartoon, for that matter) so it never gathered the following that Pokemon got. Elder Scrolls games still sell well because it established a core fanbase early on, but they continue to make good games. Same with other franchises like Final Fantasy (well...sorta), Call of Duty, and most other major franchises.

Pokemon is no more a nostalgia franchise than any other franchise that's been around for a decade or more and continues to make excellent games.