Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    This shit right here is exactly why they should NEVER remake VII
    FFVII has already had the sub-fanfiction level spin-offs, sequels and prequels.

As long as it has a dress based job system, I will play FF X sequels forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    FFVII has already had the sub-fanfiction level spin-offs, sequels and prequels.
    Not even poor Vincent was safe...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'd rather they make an HD version of FF7 before FFX-3. FFX and X-2 were OK, but they're not even top 5 in the series. Would much rather they make sequels to their better games than mediocre ones.
    I think a lengthy debate could be made of 7 vs 10 being in the top 5, though I will agree with X-2 being out of the running.

One thing I've noticed seems to come up a lot is that a lot of people favor the first FF they played as their favorite and a LOT of people started with 7. Don't get me wrong, I loved 7 as well, but not sure if it's really one of the best.

I actually loved X having a tragic ending (before they screwed that all up) as opposed to VII being a near identical ending as the Lion King with XIII and cubs on Pride Rock overlooking the valley, a roar sudden BAM with the title screen. Seriously....I hated that damn ending so friggin' much.

It did give them plenty of room for all their spin offs and movies and such, but...GRRRRR.

Deleted
    A copy paste HD version of ff7 with updated visuals and voices that don't include cheesy american awfulness would be amazing. This however would never happen with the current company SE is today. You would get something that looks like a jrock music video, new characters that are completely annoying and unnecessary, a new battle system that would most likely involve auto-battle or something horrible and a new song/theme (most likely a new jpop song).

I dont trust them.

Sorry this is very offtopic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Not even poor Vincent was safe...
    Whoa, WHOA! If you're talking about Dirge of Cerebus, that game is goddamned amazing. I will not tolerate others speaking ill of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I think a lengthy debate could be made of 7 vs 10 being in the top 5, though I will agree with X-2 being out of the running.

One thing I've noticed seems to come up a lot is that a lot of people favor the first FF they played as their favorite and a LOT of people started with 7. Don't get me wrong, I loved 7 as well, but not sure if it's really one of the best.

I actually loved X having a tragic ending (before they screwed that all up) as opposed to VII being a near identical ending as the Lion King with XIII and cubs on Pride Rock overlooking the valley, a roar sudden BAM with the title screen. Seriously....I hated that damn ending so friggin' much.

It did give them plenty of room for all their spin offs and movies and such, but...GRRRRR.
    I find this funny and true as well. And maybe I'm a hipster, but FF7 was my first FF game and it was decent for its time, but it's never been my favorite or a game that I would even consider great. It was average, maybe above average.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Whoa, WHOA! If you're talking about Dirge of Cerebus, that game is goddamned amazing. I will not tolerate others speaking ill of it!
    i know right i loved Dirge of Cerebrus

anyways OT

FF X was amazing in my book (plz no hate)

FF X-2 was a bit awkward and weird maybe i just hated the battle system (i guess the story was all over the place with limited time in each chapter)

FF X-3 hmm im not sure what i feel could be good but at the same time meh

wonder if it will have blitz ball XD
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy died when Hironobu Sakaguchi bailed after the flop of Spirits Within.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love all the final fantasy games. They can remake any of them, or make sequels to any of them - I don't care. Sequels or remakes cannot hurt the enjoyment I had with the original games.

I just hope any FFX-3 sequel (if there is one) is on a real system like ps3 or ps4. I am still annoyed that the 3d version of FF4 and the after years are handhelds and even more so that the 3d version of "after years" is on the iphone or whatever it was...

10+ Year Old Account
    Square's new CEO actually stated that they were guilty of cash grabs and would be focusing on making quality epic RPGs again. My guess is that would be XVI since XV is just XIII Versus.
    We'll see then but I just hope they don't go too far with the hd remake, like make it easier or something.

Square's new CEO actually stated that they were guilty of cash grabs and would be focusing on making quality epic RPGs again. My guess is that would be XVI since XV is just XIII Versus.
    I hope this was after FF: All the Bravest launched...

I would actually love to see HD FF12. It's probably the most understand FF there is, and didn't get the attention it deserved due to being rekeased very close to the PS3 launch. Also considering it has better graphics and 16:9 ration support already it would be even cheaper to make a HD version of it. It is also the only FF game that is only available on one platform, time to rectifiy that SE!

Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    So we can get another bad sequel to an "ok" Final Fantasy game, based on demand, but we can't get the HD update for VII?
    Personally FFVII is my fav game series ever and I do not want to see a HD remake.

Final Fantasy VII just needs to die. I don't mind the parts cloud/Sephiroth and all have in the Kingdom Hearts series infact I enjoy them. I was happy as hell when Square Enix said right after FFVII Crisis Core came out that they was not making anymore Final Fantasy VII games.

There is many games I would love a Reboot or HD release and FFVII is not one of them even tho its my fav game series.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I hope this was after FF: All the Bravest launched...
    The CEO said it here recent I think back in September or so. I do know it was about a month or 2 after the report of the sells on Tomb Raider and Hitman. Its also the reason why they have finally started working on KH3. People are sick of cash grabs and they admitted it.

its also why we got HD remakes like KH1 Final Mix and the upcoming FFX HD and KH2 Final Mix.

"To be clear there is other KH games with both Final Mix's"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    It is also the only FF game that is only available on one platform, time to rectifiy that SE!
    I don't get what you mean before FFXIII all others was only on one platform.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

A new game set in the same world as FFX well in the past or just after the events of FFX-2 but with new characters? Sure that sounds good, same old characters with a story that sounds like it came from a bad fanfic? No thanks. I love the world of FFX and would like another game in it, however they'd need to have a new cast of characters to interest me

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't get what you mean before FFXIII all others was only on one platform.
    Shouldn't be really that hard to understand what I meant. Obviously I meant that currently every other mainline FF game is available on more than one platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what I still didn't understand though? FFX was the first final fantasy game i played and I still consider it to this day the best one I played compared to 12, 9, 7, 4 (ds remake), and 13. Yet, FFX-2 was the first sequel to a story that was actually very good. I mean, good. I found the ending in that game to be perfect, then ffx-2 just had to make sure it was a super happy ending. Not every story needs to have a happy ending, as long as it has a point in the end for the player, that's all that matters. That's why stories in The Last of Us and Breaking Bad don't have a happy ending, as long as they have a point in the story they are making then that's all that matters.

Mechanically, X-2 was fantastic.
    Storywise? Eh, not my favorite, but I don't think any less ridiculous than 7 or 8.

Of course, X is my favorite game of all time, so I don't consider X-2 better than X, but if they combined the storytelling of X and the mechanics (The dress sphere system, while easy to make fun of, was really customizable and none of my playthroughs were ever the same) of X-2, then X-3 could be amazing.

Basically they need to loook at everything they did to 13-2 and 13-3 and do the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really loved FFX-2 just because of the gameplay elements like the Dressspheres and the Garment Grid, so I could play that game SO much and not get bored, want to make Yuna a Black/White Mage that swaps over to shooting bullets made out of magic? We've got that covered. That was a great way to sort of customize a single group of characters and it just really made that game for me.

I'll grant that the story could have been better though, I don't think the term deus ex machina could have ever been more apt than in the case of Vegnagun and it's relationship with Sin. I enjoyed the sort of political elements that came out through the game though, it's a nice way to show that not everything turns out wonderfully after a FF game ends. And that was a fairly logical faction split I thought, so I really enjoyed that.

I'm probably in the minority here as I would willingly take a nice remake of 6 over 7 any day. People who swear by 7 I find rarely have tried the classic Final Fantasy games, and they are VERY good games...even to this day. I'd also take a remake of 9 but I admit that's just me being weird. I find NO ONE thinks 9 was the best! xD
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    So we can get another bad sequel to an "ok" Final Fantasy game, based on demand, but we can't get the HD update for VII?

Am I the only one who thinks this is kinda bullshit?
    This is a company that refuses to make a proper Chrono sequel, or a good Mana game. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I dont trust them.

Sorry this is very offtopic.
    I get hating their console offerings, those have been going downhill since FFIX IMO. However, their handheld games (NOT mobile, handheld) have been, for the most part, fantastic. The World Ends With You was great, I haven't played Bravely Default, but have heard nothing but good things about it, and Dissidia was possibly the best game bearing the FF name in the past decade.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.