Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Final Fantasy X/X-2 audio play and FFX-3

Some weird news! Some translations of the audio play that comes with the remaster of FFX/X-2 is really weird. I'll just link to this forum post with summaries of the plot http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741166

So this is so weird, it sounds like a bad fanfiction I also read that Square Enix considered making a FFX-3 if enough people wanted it. http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/12...l-fantasy-x-3/

What do you guys think of all this?

Deleted
    that they should stop milking and start making good games LIKE Final Fantasy X...

I wouldn't mind a FF X-3 if it was about Lulu's baby.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    have you seen the plot summary of the audio play? thats really like a bad fanfic of a 12 year old with a cliffhanger for X-3

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW. Now I am worried about FF 15 and its story if this is what SE is thinking off. Holy fuck, can't they just make good games instead of instant cash grabs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    have you seen the plot summary of the audio play? thats really like a bad fanfic of a 12 year old with a cliffhanger for X-3
    Yeah, holy shit that's some Grade E fanfiction right there. Auron's child showing up out of nowhere, the protagonists randomly breaking up, Sin returning for no apparent reason, and a healthy dose of "it was just a dream" for good measure. That they could actually make X-2's story even worse is a feat of strength though.

I mean come on, FFX had a great setting. Don't want to judge it prematurely, but surely they could do better than this.

The Final Fantasy series should never have had direct sequels.

I loved the combat/job systems of X-2 but the story was insulting.

There is also a novel being released today http://www.amazon.co.jp/FINAL-FANTAS...link-jp-c93-22 , no idea when an english version will be available.

From another forum:
    "Product description says:

真実は太陽の光にも似て 人の目を眩ませる

ユウナたちがシンを倒してから二年と数ヶ月が経ち、スピラは新た *時代を迎えていた。
    ユウナはやっと再会したティー*との時間を*切にするた*、ビサ イド島でゆったりとした時間を過ごそうとしていた。
    そん*ある日、二人が乗った船が嵐に見舞われ、見知らぬ島に漂着 する。
    そこでユウナはその島の真実に直面することに・・
    ファイナルファンタジーX-2後のスピラの物語が小説で紡がれる!

It's a few months after the events of 10-2. Yuna and Tidus have been enjoying life together, but one day they were boat-wrecked during a storm and drifted to an unknown island. There, Yuna confronts the truth of the island. "

Hmmm, not sure what I think of all this. I like FFX and FFX-2 was alright, didn't care much for the story but gameplay wise I loved it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where this is going

10+ Year Old Account
    They should of left it alone. SHEEZ
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So we can get another bad sequel to an "ok" Final Fantasy game, based on demand, but we can't get the HD update for VII?

Am I the only one who thinks this is kinda bullshit?
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

It's a few months after the events of 10-2. Yuna and Tidus have been enjoying life together, but one day they were boat-wrecked during a storm and drifted to an unknown island. There, Yuna confronts the truth of the island. "
    Sounds like the premise of something familiar...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    So we can get another bad sequel to an "ok" Final Fantasy game, based on demand, but we can't get the HD update for VII?

FFX was *ok in your eyes. To me anyways I thought it was great as 7 and 8 IMO anyways. Adding another sequel to those well I just wanna blegh.......
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    WoW. Now I am worried about FF 15 and its story if this is what SE is thinking off. Holy fuck, can't they just make good games instead of instant cash grabs.
    Square's new CEO actually stated that they were guilty of cash grabs and would be focusing on making quality epic RPGs again. My guess is that would be XVI since XV is just XIII Versus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Sounds like the premise of something familiar...
    Something traditionally associated with twin pistols also made by Square?

Whyyyy. FFX wasn't even good to begin with.

I'd be interested in FFX-3 as long as they don't do to it what apparently is happening to 13-3 and what happened to 13-2 (Meaning they were even worse than 13 somehow, which was average at best.).

Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post

7 was average. I cannot understand the fascination with that game as if its the best thing ever.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-12-28 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Something traditionally associated with twin pistols also made by Square?
    More like a primetime American TV show that went on far too long...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I loved the combat/job systems of X-2 but the story was insulting.
    Completely agree with this. Mechanically X-2 was amazingly better, I absolutely loved that, the story was a campy piss all over FFX though.

If they do make an X-3 and combine the serious tone of X and the mechanics of X-3 it could potentially be amazing. My hopes aren't high though.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    More like a primetime American TV show that went on far too long...
    Nah, that was a plane crash. Tooootally different.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping XVI will be a more fantasy genre game like 4, 6, and 9...

7,8, 12 to a lesser extent, and heavily 13 are more Final Sci-Fi to me. Hell, 13 is like it's on a Star Wars planet with flying vehicles, teleporters, machine guns with laser sights...

Deleted
    This shit right here is exactly why they should NEVER remake VII

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    This shit right here is exactly why they should NEVER remake VII
    Or it's why they should...remake looks better than half baked sequel ideas. :/