Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

WOD Dancing Rune Weapon

I was browsing the forums for an answer to this question but have yet to find anything so I'll ask it here. Have the devs mentioned how/if dancing rune weapon will be changed? As the removal of parry from gear will drastically undermine one of most used cool downs. Also, while we're on the topic of parry, has anything been stated on how riposte will be reworked as the WOD changes will severely gimp our latest dps ability.

Don't see why DR needs to be changed other than fixing it so that when activated you can immediately have every ability get copied rather than praying Outbreak does. Parry being removed from gear doesn't mean that Parry is being removed as a variable in combat.

As for Riposte it'll probably just be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    As for Riposte it'll probably just be removed.
    Pretty much. As far as they've told so far, tanks will have a certain amount of DPS they will deal in WoD, a certain % of what an actual DPS character does. Riposte was more of a patch up for tanks who didn't scale very well with DPS stats (at least not compared to those who do) until the expansion changes things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Don't see why DR needs to be changed
    Going from 40% to 60% avoidance is a hell of a lot more significant than going from 20% to 40%.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish it's AI was slightly more responsive.

Riposte is like 99% going away. It was more of a fix to warrior/DK DPS scaling compared to other tanks. Hopefully however they make critical strike a defensive stat for us in some fashion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Going from 40% to 60% avoidance is a hell of a lot more significant than going from 20% to 40%.
    This was my main concern, with the WOD changes if DRW goes through unchanged it will basically be gutted.

As for riposte, yeah had a feeling that they may just delete it but I've yet to find any blue posts about either abilities so I thought I'd ask just in case I overlooked something.

DRW in BIS avoidance is a bigger cooldown than IBF

60% avoidance -> 80% avoidance, right there thats half the dmg intake, on top of parry haste, scent of blood, extra dmg, and extra runes if you have 4pc

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just thought of yet another concern, although army of the dead really isn't used as much as a cd like it was say for example for 10 man heroic madness of deathwing to eat your third impale but....the removal of dodge and parry from gear pretty much gibs this as a cd as well. Blizz will need to overhaul our cool downs as a bit.

Hopefully blizzard have thought of a lot of these issues already.

They wouldn't just go and make changes that affect tank balance without considering the consequences, right?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully blizzard have thought of a lot of these issues already.

They wouldn't just go and make changes that affect tank balance without considering the consequences, right?

Yeah totally, remember how gimped they made blood on the beta before finally patching the crimson scourge fix in at the last second?

I was being sarcastic.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was being sarcastic.
    I know :P I was emphasizing your sarcasm guess it didn't translate very well through the interwebs

Fair enough.

Seriously though, we don't even know what blizzard are doing with dk tanks in wod yet.

Keep all of this in mind, but save the feedback for beta.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough.

Seriously though, we don't even know what blizzard are doing with dk tanks in wod yet.

Keep all of this in mind, but save the feedback for beta.
    Of course mate, my main reason for making this thread was in the hope that if Blizz hasn't already taken the effects of the parry/dodge changes into account that they will do so now and will make sure to address them before the beta launches so we're not stuck in limbo hell yet again.

You will probably be more productive if you post something on the official forum then.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will probably be more productive if you post something on the official forum then.
    Already have, just covering both forums as the blues are known to check here as well.