Pet special effects tweet

https://twitter.com/StephenDawson14/...32930392231936

@Dave_Maldo Any plans for pets that are tamed to keep special effects like Duskstalkers in jade forest with the shadowform?

Dave Maldonado ‏@Dave_Maldo 5h

@StephenDawson14 Looking into tech that'll put visuals like that on display level and not an aura; not sure when it'll be ready & applied.

War is started by those with power, and fought by the lower class.

Bloodsail Admiral
    I like it!

That would be absolutely amazing, but I fear every Hunter and their mother will be walking around with nothing but these ''special'' pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That would be absolutely amazing, but I fear every Hunter and their mother will be walking around with nothing but these ''special'' pets.
    Well, thankfully there are quite a few to choose from so I think it could only be a good change.

Inb4 too many Hunters in a 20+man raid causes FPS drops with cool looking pets :P

Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    Inb4 too many Hunters in a 20+man raid causes FPS drops with cool looking pets :P
    You can max out settings on a 5 year old machine. These people with FPS drops should stop trying to raid on calculators tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You can max out settings on a 5 year old machine. These people with FPS drops should stop trying to raid on calculators tbh.
    no you can't

Quote Originally Posted by SiverDX View Post
    no you can't
    You're right, I was exaggerating slightly. i5 2500k-era machines max it out and were released in Jan. 2011, so 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You're right, I was exaggerating slightly. i5 2500k-era machines max it out and were released in Jan. 2011, so 3 years.
    Nope, still can't raid 25 man without any lag. WoW is optimised terribly and you never get the most out of your machine. You can overclock and you'll see a big difference, but to max it out on a 2500k in 25 man raid? Doubt it. For general stuff I guess you're right.

I used to run 1920x1080 on ultra is easily maintain 60+ fps during combat, usually 100+ elsewhere.

I was running an overclocked i5 2500k and a 6970.

I'm on xfired 6970's and a OC'd 2700k now but my performance didn't change much. Once you've got a good CPU you won't have fps issues unless you're on integrated graphics or something.

Stream | Youtube
    Latest Video: Heroic Iron Qon

Not every hunter. Sometimes it's chill to just have some simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by SiverDX View Post
    no you can't
    Idk my old 460 gtx could max out wow raids with the i7 I got 3-4 ish years ago.

So I don't think it's excusable to not have hardware for something like this.
    Hate people who read https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ and immediately think they're debate kings.

This post is about hunter pets or about computer specs?

Anyway, it should be cool to walk around with a ghost wolf with a sword impaled through it

Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    Not every hunter. Sometimes it's chill to just have some simplicity.
    I agree, and I usually have some of the more simple pets myself just because they actually look more unique. But the lightning wolves in the vale tell a different story. I tamed one the other day just because it matched a new transmog set despite knowing it was quite a popular pet. After a day I just cound't take it anymore because literally 50% of the Hunters on my server was walking around with it.

Same reason why my poor Loque'nahak pet has been stabled for months. It's by far my favorite pet, but I like feeling a little unique.

I agree, and I usually have some of the more simple pets myself just because they actually look more unique. But the lightning wolves in the vale tell a different story. I tamed one the other day just because it matched a new transmog set despite knowing it was quite a popular pet. After a day I just cound't take it anymore because literally 50% of the Hunters on my server was walking around with it.

Same reason why my poor Loque'nahak pet has been stabled for months. It's by far my favorite pet, but I like feeling a little unique.
    I just grabbed the blue / gold Portent. It's simple and elegant, and not flashy enough for 90% of the server to want it
    Hate people who read https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ and immediately think they're debate kings.