1. #1
    Mechagnome Slirith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    506

    Pet special effects tweet

    https://twitter.com/StephenDawson14/...32930392231936

    @Dave_Maldo Any plans for pets that are tamed to keep special effects like Duskstalkers in jade forest with the shadowform?


    Dave Maldonado ‏@Dave_Maldo 5h

    @StephenDawson14 Looking into tech that'll put visuals like that on display level and not an aura; not sure when it'll be ready & applied.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHpPKgi-niI
    How I feel about healers that try to DPS

  2. #2
    I like it!

  3. #3
    That would be absolutely amazing, but I fear every Hunter and their mother will be walking around with nothing but these ''special'' pets.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Dreamer, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Frenzy, mini Llama.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That would be absolutely amazing, but I fear every Hunter and their mother will be walking around with nothing but these ''special'' pets.
    Well, thankfully there are quite a few to choose from so I think it could only be a good change.

  5. #5
    The Patient Relis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oh so sunny Highlands of Scotland!
    Posts
    285
    Inb4 too many Hunters in a 20+man raid causes FPS drops with cool looking pets :P

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    Inb4 too many Hunters in a 20+man raid causes FPS drops with cool looking pets :P
    You can max out settings on a 5 year old machine. These people with FPS drops should stop trying to raid on calculators tbh.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You can max out settings on a 5 year old machine. These people with FPS drops should stop trying to raid on calculators tbh.
    no you can't

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SiverDX View Post
    no you can't
    You're right, I was exaggerating slightly. i5 2500k-era machines max it out and were released in Jan. 2011, so 3 years.

  9. #9
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You're right, I was exaggerating slightly. i5 2500k-era machines max it out and were released in Jan. 2011, so 3 years.
    Nope, still can't raid 25 man without any lag. WoW is optimised terribly and you never get the most out of your machine. You can overclock and you'll see a big difference, but to max it out on a 2500k in 25 man raid? Doubt it. For general stuff I guess you're right.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Rife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    532
    I used to run 1920x1080 on ultra is easily maintain 60+ fps during combat, usually 100+ elsewhere.

    I was running an overclocked i5 2500k and a 6970.

    I'm on xfired 6970's and a OC'd 2700k now but my performance didn't change much. Once you've got a good CPU you won't have fps issues unless you're on integrated graphics or something.

  11. #11
    The Patient amaraim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden.
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That would be absolutely amazing, but I fear every Hunter and their mother will be walking around with nothing but these ''special'' pets.
    Not every hunter. Sometimes it's chill to just have some simplicity.

  12. #12
    Legendary! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by SiverDX View Post
    no you can't
    Idk my old 460 gtx could max out wow raids with the i7 I got 3-4 ish years ago.

    So I don't think it's excusable to not have hardware for something like this.

  13. #13
    This post is about hunter pets or about computer specs?

    Anyway, it should be cool to walk around with a ghost wolf with a sword impaled through it

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    Not every hunter. Sometimes it's chill to just have some simplicity.
    I agree, and I usually have some of the more simple pets myself just because they actually look more unique. But the lightning wolves in the vale tell a different story. I tamed one the other day just because it matched a new transmog set despite knowing it was quite a popular pet. After a day I just cound't take it anymore because literally 50% of the Hunters on my server was walking around with it.

    Same reason why my poor Loque'nahak pet has been stabled for months. It's by far my favorite pet, but I like feeling a little unique.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Dreamer, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Frenzy, mini Llama.

  15. #15
    Legendary! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    6,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I agree, and I usually have some of the more simple pets myself just because they actually look more unique. But the lightning wolves in the vale tell a different story. I tamed one the other day just because it matched a new transmog set despite knowing it was quite a popular pet. After a day I just cound't take it anymore because literally 50% of the Hunters on my server was walking around with it.

    Same reason why my poor Loque'nahak pet has been stabled for months. It's by far my favorite pet, but I like feeling a little unique.
    I just grabbed the blue / gold Portent. It's simple and elegant, and not flashy enough for 90% of the server to want it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •