Deleted

Can anyone help me make sense of this.

Hello hunters.

So something I've noticed a lot since I've started playing my hunter is how random trap detonation is and I can't for the love of me figure out what it is that makes it either detonation instantly or take 2-3 seconds to detonate.

I've tried it on a target dummy just to try different ranges of the actuall trap, at first it seemed that if it was in the outer range of the template it would take longer to detonate but every other trap, no matter if I aim it perfectly at the center it still takes 2-3seconds to detonate and it bugs the !@#$ out of me.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there anything I personally can do about it or I just have to say a small prayer every 22seconds and hope It detonates?

I think it's the arming time you're seeing. When you place a trap, whether in front if you or with trap launcher, there's a small amount of time in which the trap is armed - you can see it fold back and open. During this time, it won't activate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugtoad View Post
    I think it's the arming time you're seeing. When you place a trap, whether in front if you or with trap launcher, there's a small amount of time in which the trap is armed - you can see it fold back and open. During this time, it won't activate.
    .........this

Deleted
    Traps suck. I dropped one at the entrance of the alliance base in WSG as a guy came down with the flag down the tunnel, thinking I'll knock him back inside the tunnel. Although the trap was placed about 10 seconds before he stepped on it, it activated too late and actually propelled him forward into the open space instead of back into the tunnel.

It's just the timing like rugtoad said, just time your traps early. However in some cases in pvp enemies will just run over them without them setting off. But that's the gamble you take I guess, been dealing with that since vanilla, Welcome to playing the hunter class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugtoad View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    I dropped one at the entrance of the alliance base in WSG as a guy came down with the flag down the tunnel, thinking I'll knock him back inside the tunnel. Although the trap was placed about 10 seconds before he stepped on it, it activated too late and actually propelled him forward into the open space instead of back into the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    Traps suck.
    Sadly, all 3 of the above statements are true. Traps need to see some updates imo. In theory they are fine as far as what they should do is concerned, its just that the implementation of that which could use some work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I think (not 100% sure if this is correct or if it got changed) that AoE effects on the ground basically tick every second or so to check if someone is standing on them. Essentially, if you run into an activated (not meaning armed) frost trap, you won't get slowed until the AoE effect ticks. Since you can't see when it actually ticks while you stand outside of it, it might seem kind of random.

My point is that maybe armed traps work(ed) the same, so that there is only a "collision test" every second or so to see if some is actually standing on the trap. But I'm no expert so you might want to wait for someone to confirm anything I've said :P