Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Windows 8 tends to crash because people aren't using the correct drivers and do other odd things.
    Been using Windows 8 on my secondary computer without any issues when it came out. When 8.1 came out I put that on my main computer and have been running it without any issues at all. Would say it works a lot better then Windows 7. Feels quicker and more responsive and all games work just fine even the older ones.

This is a great thread. I was thinking about upgrading my Windows 7 Ult to Windows 8.1 through my schools Dreamspark account. Lots of good replies and opinions here.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    This is a great thread. I was thinking about upgrading my Windows 7 Ult to Windows 8.1 through my schools Dreamspark account. Lots of good replies and opinions here.
    That's what I did. It was free because I'm a CS major. There was 0 point in NOT upgrading, considering you still have your Windows 7 disc if you don't like it (and I can get Windows 7 for free from my school as well!).