Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

[Movies] Your Top 10 Films of 2013 (So Far)

I made a thread like this around this time last year for 2012 and people seemed to like it, what you do is make a list of the 2013 movies you have seen now (top 10 if you have seen 10, can end up less than 10 if you haven't for now) and throughout the year as you see more movies you post and add different movies to the list or re-arrange the order.

This is my final list (unless I decide to add Her later after I see it)
    1.12 Years a Slave

2.Inside Llewyn Davis

3.Gravity

4.Fruitvale Station

5.The Wolf of Wall Street

6.The Spectacular Now

7.Mud

8.Frozen

9.Saving Mr. Banks

10.This is the End

Alternates: The Way Way Back, Before Midnight, and Rush
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2014-01-03 at 02:01 AM.

1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

2. Frozen

3. Gravity

4. Pacific Rim

5. Rush

6. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

7. Saving Mr. Banks

8. 12 Years a Slave

9. Star Trek Into Darkness

10. Thor: The Dark World
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-01-05 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness are the only movies I have seen this year... Is that bad?

I liked them both though, so I have two at least
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Uhh... I've only watched Olympus Has Fallen (5/10) and Iron Man 3 (6.5/10) this year, but there is a few of upcoming movies I'm looking forward to.

Man of Steel
    Thor: The Dark World
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    Monsters University

These are the ones I'm definitely going to see, and I'm also pretty sure that I'll watch some other movies that I haven't heard of or just haven't checked out yet.

Deleted
    1)Lincoln
    2)Django
    3)Ganstar Squad
    4)Flight
    5)Mud
    6)Oblivion
    7)Oz
    8)Best Offer
    9)Broken City
    Just 9 ,cause I am pretty confident getzky is gonna make it to he list
    Ive watched I think every movie released this year beside Getzky who I want to watch these weeks, and some didnt make it obviously.

The movies I am excited for are City of Bones, Dark Skies, Emperor, Enders game and I hope that The Hobbit want be as mediocre(the best I can say to the first part), as the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vogelweide View Post
    1)Lincoln
    2)Django
    3)Ganstar Squad
    4)Flight
    5)Mud
    6)Oblivion
    7)Oz
    8)Best Offer
    9)Broken City
    Just 9 ,cause I am pretty confident getzky is gonna make it to he list
    Ive watched I think every movie released this year beside Getzky who I want to watch these weeks, and some didnt make it obviously.

The movies I am excited for are City of Bones, Dark Skies, Emperor, Enders game and I hope that The Hobbit want be as mediocre(the best I can say to the first part), as the first one.
    Just to let you know Flight, Django, and Lincoln were 2012 movies (maybe they were released where you live in 2013 though)

Deleted
    1. The Act of Killing
    2. Before Midnight
    3. Gravity
    4. Frances Ha
    5. Mud
    6. Blancanieves
    7. Computer Chess
    8. Wadjda
    9. Museum Hours
    10. Sightseers
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2013-11-30 at 08:39 PM.

Err, well...I think all I've seen so far has been Iron Man 3, I'll be seeing Fast and Furious 6 in a couple weeks though. Later this year I will be seeing Thor 2 in theaters, will be seeing Man of Steel, The Wolverine, Pacific Rim at some point though rather it's theaters or DVD/Netflix is tbd.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    I've only seen 3 so far.

1. Side Effects (7/10) - Enjoyable psychological thriller. Somewhat Hitchcock-esque. Didn't care for how the ending was handled (last 20mins or so).
    2. Star Trek Into Darkness (5.5/10) - Basically a blockbuster roller coaster ride of frenetic action scenes held together by a weak and predictable story. Cumberbatch and Quinto excellent but not enough to carry the movie. Great CG, less obstructive lens flare than in the previous installment.
    3. Warm Bodies (3/10) - Romeo and Juliet with zombies, but not really. Cardboard characters, poor acting, extremely predictable, weak CG. Waste of time.
    Oh I completely forgot about Side Effects! Even though completely forgetting it means I probably shouldn't add it to my top 10

15+ Year Old Account
    2. Star Trek: Into Darkness
    3. Oblivion.
    4. Stoker
    Everything else I have seen is not worthy of being in there, hated Iron Man 3. And the number 1 spot is reserved for Man of Steel no matter what.

1. Spring Breakers 8/10
    2. Oblivion 7.5/10

thats it so far^^

Deleted
    I don't think I've seen a single movie that came out in 2013 yet. In fact, I've not even seen that much of 2012. Do you people visit the cinema every week or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't think I've seen a single movie that came out in 2013 yet. In fact, I've not even seen that much of 2012. Do you people visit the cinema every week or something?
    Pirating or once a month, I suppose. I have a "VIP membership" in the cinema line in Denmark, and I have to get 12,000 points to keep it, which is approximately 1 movie a month (some movies give more or less than 1000 points, and buying popcorn and stuff gives extra points too, so usually 10-12 movies.)

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I've only seen Gangster Squad (8/10) and Iron Man 3 (4/10)

Cant wait for Man of Steel!
    Hi

It is May 23 currently...we're almost 20 weeks into the year, even someone who was able to make a top 10(and most people have said they haven't seen nearly as many) would only theoretically be going every other week.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. The Place Beyond the Pines 8/10
    2. Gangster Squad 7.5/10
    3. Iron Man 3 7/10
    4. Snitch (2013) 7/10
    5. Hobbit 6.5/10

1. Star Trek 8.5/10
    2. Iron Man 8/10
    3. Evil Dead 7.75/10
    4. A Good Day to Die Hard 7/10
    5. Oblivion 6.5/10

That is all i've seen this year. It's been a fairly light year for movies for me, i tend to see 40ish a year. Not too many more coming out that are must sees. WWZ, At World's End... maybe Fast 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll make my Best of list next year, won't try to assemble one now, it'll take some of the fun out of it to have one running all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I'll make my Best of list next year, won't try to assemble one now, it'll take some of the fun out of it to have one running all year.
    On the contrary, having one running and seeing it grow as a ranking list is awesome.

If you go to the movies a lot you can get special memberships or subscriptions, even if you go twice a month you see a good bit of movies. I'm a movie/theater/book buff in general though so it's kind of my hobby to go out and watch shows or movies (or read books).

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 03:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    On the contrary, having one running and seeing it grow as a ranking list is awesome.
    That's how it is for me, I have fun watching my list grow and change, it also lets some good movies cherish that number 1 spotlight on lists before other ones come out.

This is purely for people who like doing things like this, because for me personally when I try to make a list out of the blue I end up forgetting a couple of movies I actually really liked (even more than others on the list) so a running list helps me organize it.