Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Expansion isn't even in alpha -> lets bitch about it.
    Well we can be pretty sure it's in Alpha (would have to be by this time). But yes, what was shown at Blizzcon does not make a full expansion or the argument for it's good or bad points.

Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    I think WOD brings nothing new just like mop. Yet they think we are going to keep paying. I was against mop in the beginning yet bought it for some good features. However they have been slowly destroying wow as we know it. We expect them to bring out team play and some awesome abilities and new classes. Yet they ruin the game with garrion followers and some so called new abilities. I think what wod should bring is

-more team play based on abilities like warlocks in raids summoning a huge summon to hold on a boss
    -mage getting arcane form and allowed to suck int power from the people around the raid as we know
    -new item types with high risks
    -necro mages
    -dk having power to summon the old death bosses from grave and put their abilities to use

there are tons of ideas to throw down and good lores to take the story up ahead yet they really are ruining the game we all once loved.
    <video snipped>

Infracted: Meme images or videos amounting to the same thing are not allowed. Please post constructively. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-28 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I think WOD brings nothing new just like mop. Yet they think we are going to keep paying. I was against mop in the beginning yet bought it for some good features. However they have been slowly destroying wow as we know it. We expect them to bring out team play and some awesome abilities and new classes. Yet they ruin the game with garrion followers and some so called new abilities. I think what wod should bring is

-more team play based on abilities like warlocks in raids summoning a huge summon to hold on a boss
    How exactly is this game changing? This just ensures that every raid will want to bring a warlock
    -mage getting arcane form and allowed to suck int power from the people around the raid as we know
    again just means we need to bring mages, does not make the game better for anyone other than mages
    High risks? May want to explain what the hell you mean
    -necro mages
    new class?
    -dk having power to summon the old death bosses from grave and put their abilities to use
    Yet again another "We have to bring this class to the raid to do well" idea and those are terrible.

there are tons of ideas to throw down and good lores to take the story up ahead yet they really are ruining the game we all once loved.
    None of these "ideas" are good. All they would mean is the raid would be full of mages, warlocks, and Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Trust me, your ideas would make WoW lose subs even quicker.
    Trust you? Based on what? I also didn't propose any ideas, unless you consider people becoming tired of something, even good things, due to years of exposure just an "idea" and not a basic facet of human nature. I don't really understand your comment.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterakos View Post
    Do you have any ideas of how Wow can be saved? Plz share
    Save? What do you mean "save"?
    is 7.5 Million subsribers not enough to keep the game alive?

10+ Year Old Account
    how can you make a "current state of wod" thread, when it doesn't even 100% exist yet.... you kids these days. Soon you will be saying "This damned flying car, its so shitty" when they are no where near existing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you suggesting ideas that would save the game??? or were those ideas created w/ the intent that they'd be suffocating WoW and destroying it? If WoW gets anymore classes, you might aswell demand blizzard remove every class and just make it one uni class that has abilities for every previous class, but you can combine them to make w/e kind of class you want. I know that sounds silly, but that's pretty much what's already happening with the game. Class diversity is so pathetically low... its so damn low that people think the game is more balanced than its ever been, which is true, but only because every ability is shared by 3-4 other classes. Each class brought a unique feature to the raid, that's not the case anymore. Crossrealm features were neat at first because we were able to play w/ friends from other servers w/o having to transfer, but the repercussions were greater than anyone had in mind. No one ninja'd or if they did, it was very rare because people ran the risk of being black listed... when you allow individuals to hide their identity and become anonymous, they're more inclined to be a dick and not care about the other players. Prior to LFD being released, loot I needed was rarely stolen, but the first week after it was put in, I endured countless trolls/ninjas who were complete jackasses. Removal of rating requirement was stupid... the only people against it were the bad players. Do you think a player who can get 2200 rating would want the gear to be available for everyone else? Hell no, they have to work for it just like everyone else did who obtained 2200 gear. The whole equal playing field argument is pathetic, in other words its just "that overly good player with overly good gear shits on me in a BATTLEGROUND which has no MMR, so I'm qued up against anyone. I'm going to rant to blizzard about how that gear should be available for everyone even though competitive RANKED PvP has an MMR setup so you never face people who outgear you when you try to take PvP more seriously." In all honesty, if you were one of the individuals who opposed rating requirement, go screw yourself... you had no right to voice such a idiotic opinion... it's like PvPers going to blizzard and demanding 25H gear to be dropped in LFR so it can be obtained easier.

There are more issues that I can bring up, but the ones I stated are very very big and there isn't really any room to oppose them. Either your argument sounds like your a 10 year old trying to argue something very very minimal or you just sound straight up mentally challenged. How can someone support xrealm features when it's easier to just combine smaller realms into single realms? Why not just do that and junk the old realms that have little to no player base? That way we can scrap xrealm features and start rebuilding realm communities. Bring rating requirement so that PvP feels more rewarding and not like a massive grind. If I hit 2200 rating, I want to feel rewarded for accomplishing such a feat... just like how raiders are rewarded with unique/better gear when they down the final boss in a heroic raid. You wouldn't have the last boss drop LFR gear, that would make the raiders feel like their effort went in vain.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'current state of WoD' is that we don't really know much about it. We know a bit about what it will start with but nothing about subsequent patches, etc. By all means though, if you feel that strongly about it then your opinion is noted even though I question the sense in being so dead set against it at this early point.

By my lights we already have too many classes which have homogenized the existing classes into look-alikes that all play much the same. I wouldn't mind seeing a new race added to the game but I'm content for now that they are redoing the player character models. And it seems as if Blizzard is coming around to the idea that playing in a guild or with friends is the most important thing to support so we'll just have to wait and see how that goes.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-28 at 08:49 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    There is no state of WoD, not for the public. We only have some info about it and a trailer that hardly shows anything. Wait till beta at least to declare it a failure.

ok for the all of the people that commented;

if you all people are happy why does wow lose subs for quite a while? Something must be wrong in game development for which people are quitting. I think if you have other ideas to throw around i am happy to listen. I just threw a few of mine to indicate how the game experience might be changed. Also it is good to listen some people actually listen hope developers too.
    They're losing subs because the giant torrent of new players dried up. Millions of people quit the game during Burning Crusade - the sub numbers only went up because there were more new players coming in than old players leaving. In fact, I'd bet that more people quit during BC than did during MoP. That's backed up by their statements during the quarterly calls, btw - MoP has really reduced their subscriber churn. so if you want to reverse the numbers, find a few million new players - they're already doing a good job of keeping the ones they've got.

I'd love it if they turned unholy into a ranged necromancer-like plate caster. In addition to having your normal strong pet you could summon smaller uncontrollable minions (kind of like current army but not as many and more frequently). They'd even be able to summon arms (like the old desecration) to actually grab people and root them.

Man, they could do so much. We don't actually have a real minion master class yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Please no.
    Well, you know the one mage talent falling stars for arcane mages, I actually hope that it looks like diablo 3 space-rift thingy. Hell, I'd roll a mage just for that . Kinda liked all the arcane forms of diablo 3 as well (sadly you could hardly use them because you needed all the def CDs), though the int sucking part, meh, sounds not really interesting.

Anyway, while I think the idea of group casts is nice in general, wow is just not the game for that. Wow is neither decent RPG at this point nor a proper MMO, giving players group summons is just silly and will just wreck havok to the already unstable balance the game has. Garrisons will promote more single play, true, but given we are talking about wow and the god awfull community, its for the best, really.

Also FFS ppl, learn how to write proper thread titles that aren't misleading.

ok for the all of the people that commented;

if you all people are happy why does wow lose subs for quite a while? Something must be wrong in game development for which people are quitting. I think if you have other ideas to throw around i am happy to listen. I just threw a few of mine to indicate how the game experience might be changed. Also it is good to listen some people actually listen hope developers too.
    Every game loses subs after a while.
    For WoW to go on so long is already a miracle, has nothing to do with development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Hopefully we actually will see a ranged DK spec based on Unholy but with rapid-fire Deathcoils. Until then, not gonna happen.
    Lich-spec death knights would be rad, actually.

I like the idea of spells recuiring other players to be able to cast or maybe Empowering existing spells. Would realy spice up the gameplay

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I like the idea of spells recuiring other players to be able to cast or maybe Empowering existing spells. Would realy spice up the gameplay
    Like arcane mages Focus Magic, or how Dark Intent used to work? Those were fun spells

10+ Year Old Account
    I have wandered into this thread, and pondering...

.. brings nothing new?

... Well, that is not quite right. And some of the things the OP lists just shouldn't happen.

"Necro mages"? Ain' sure what that is, Necromancers maybe? And yet, not the right timing.
    "Summon old death bosses from the grave"? No, just no. Just this idea sounds a little too far.

How does Garrison followers ruin the game? They work little for you, not as much as if you did it yourself. The gear they might bring back, I think, are only entry-level gear for higher tiers. So nothing big there. Plus, you need to time it right and find the right ones. They even opened up for team work where you can grant your friends the aid of your followers.

And the rest of your ideas are just no, a whole lot of no. I advise that you re-read through what Mists of Pandaria has brought, and what Warlords of Draenor will bring - I am sure you have not read it through enough.

Three of your ideas would be the reason of WoW's destruction in tiself - so think Blizzard is doing a little better than those.

And a last note, you can't speak much on current state of an expansion you have not yet experiences. I think that lies under current personal thoughts. Though, I like to take note, that in the end one only speaks for one self.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

None of these will happen, they are too cool for WoW. Devs are too conventional and closed minded and small minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorio View Post
    None of these will happen, they are too cool for WoW. Devs are too conventional and closed minded and small minded.
    As long as you're blindly insulting people who likely know better than you do, would you like to back your claims up and explain the merit of the OP's ideas? I'm not seeing any.

-necro mages

I'll break down why those ideas wont work (not that they are all bad ideas necessarily, but none would really work)

1. Totally and completely breaks the "bring the player not the class" philosophy they are trying to do. Not to mention that raid success now totally depends on Jimmy the Warlock being able to do it right
    2. Now taking volunteers from raid members to have their int sucked out for the benefit of the mage....anyone...anyone....*crickets*
    3. New item types..with high risk? like......raid style engineering items? That might blow up the boss but have a 99% chance of blowing the raid up instead? yeah..because some dipshit in the group totally wouldn't try it "just to see what happens" at sub 10% each pull
    4. We have those...they are called warlocks
    5. The only idea actually worth considering and presenting to Blizz. It would need to be a high end talent though