Page 1 of 32
... LastLast
    Deleted

Demon hunter vs tinker/ alchemist class

I have recently seen a lot of demonhunter posts and tinker/alchemist class posts
    Which class out of these would you like to see implemented, if any

Gogogogo discuss

Weird. I've never seen a thread like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcruickshank View Post
    I have recently seen a lot of demonhunter posts and tinker/alchemist class posts
    Which class out of these would you like to see implemented, if any

Gogogogo discuss
    With the upcoming WoD talent that lets hunters recieve an extra 30% dmg if their pet is dismissed, I would rather see 1 of the 3 hunter specs be turned into a meelee spec that doesn't use pets.
    They could just let them dualwield glaives, swords and polearms, and it would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go again... So how about none of these will be implemented for a long while? But I'd choose Demon Hunter I suppose...

Both. Or none. There's no reason why one has to be pitted against the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    On one hand, you have a class concept that is already in use within other classes, doesn't fit the remaining armor type, highly limited in spec possibilities, is yet another Melee class, and steps on the toes of Hunters, Warlocks, and Rogues.

On the other, you have a class concept that is unique from existing classes, fits within the remaining armor type, has a vast amount of spec possibilities, and can easily be a physical ranged class that doesn't step on the toes of existing classes.

How many times are you going to ask this?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ons?p=24467474

Besides, teriz said WoD was bringing Tinkers so I guess that ship has sailed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    How many times are you going to ask this?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ons?p=24467474

Besides, teriz said WoD was bringing Tinkers so I guess that ship has sailed.
    I said the next class would be Tinkers. WoD brought no new class at all, which shows that Blizzard does indeed follow an expansion pattern. WoD is the "race" expansion, the next expansion should be "class" expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    That deamon hunter for me please.

It's so ironic that Teriz hates the idea of a DH class, yet created perhaps the best DH class concept ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, one of them is completely ridiculous, and the other is actually a plausible tinker class. Alchemist would not likely be relevant to it, it's already a primary proffession.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I said the next class would be Tinkers. WoD brought no new class at all, which shows that Blizzard does indeed follow an expansion pattern. WoD is the "race" expansion, the next expansion should be "class" expansion.
    You may have offered that opinion once or twice to appear balanced for future quotes, but you constantly and belligerently inserted your opinion in multiple threads that Tinkers were coming in WoD as fact. It is sad to see it starting up again before WoD beta is even out.

I'm curious if the OP is a sock puppet TBH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    It's so ironic that Teriz hates the idea of a DH class, yet created perhaps the best DH class concept ever.
    Meh. I much prefer my Tinker concept, though I understand the DHs appeal to the masses who don't understand Blizzard class structure.

Meh. I much prefer my Tinker concept, though I understand the DHs appeal to the masses who don't understand Blizzard class structure.
    Blizzard's class structure is open to allow any Class Concept to be possible. It's only a matter of if they will actually go to lengths to create it or not, and if that class concept fits to what they want to implement.

Conflicts with existing classes is a non issue. New class = new gameplay, and no one class in the game is comparable to any other because it is the differences that separates how they're played, not their similarities.

When it comes to character theme, we only have two classes to base our guesses on, and both provide very different takes on what is possible to be added to the game. Death Knights were introduced as Hero classes and originally had 3 tanking specs. Monks were introduced originally without an auto-attack and originally was the first healer class without Mana. That was all homogenized once balance and beta was brought into consideration, but you have to consider those mechanics were conceived for the new classes very early in the design process.

Gameplay comes first, and any class concept would only be limited by the type of gameplay they would be portraying. Theme and Lore is basically the icing on the cake after a type of gameplay is created and a class built around that type of play.

There is nothing that says Demon Hunters would have to play like Warlocks or Rogues or Hunters, or that their gameplay would encroach on those classes.

Tinker is the only potential class that I would feel compelled to reroll as, so of course it's the one I'd like to see implemented. It's a bit of a blank slate - the only hard and fast requirement is that it have a steampunk/magitek motif - so any role, any new mechanic, could be incorporated into it. It's the last true frontier of class design this game has left.

Doesn't matter much to me whether it made it into WoD or not. I am prepared to wait. But it is high on my wish list for this game. Demon hunter, on the other hand, I couldn't care less about. I wouldn't be upset or anything if it makes it in, I would just feel nothing. Good for the people who want it, I guess. It's not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Blizzard's class structure is open to allow any Class Concept to be possible. It's only a matter of if they will actually go to lengths to create it or not, and if that class concept fits to what they want to implement.

Conflicts with existing classes is a non issue. New class = new gameplay, and no one class in the game is comparable to any other because it is the differences that separates how they're played, not their similarities.

When it comes to character theme, we only have two classes to base our guesses on, and both provide very different takes on what is possible to be added to the game. Death Knights were introduced as Hero classes and originally had 3 tanking specs. Monks were introduced originally without an auto-attack and originally was the first healer class without Mana. That was all homogenized once balance and beta was brought into consideration, but you have to consider those mechanics were conceived for the new classes very early in the design process.

Gameplay comes first, and any class concept would only be limited by the type of gameplay they would be portraying. Theme and Lore is basically the icing on the cake after a type of gameplay is created and a class built around that type of play.

There is nothing that says Demon Hunters would have to play like Warlocks or Rogues or Hunters, or that their gameplay would encroach on those classes.
    warlocks had death coil before death knights became playable but warlocks no longer have death coil. i think it was changed to mortal coil. so it doesnt really matter.
    besides locks only have 2 demon hunter abilities and 1 of them works differently for demon hunters. so i agree. demon hunters could easy be tank/dps/dps class. blizzard could easily make demon hunters work. tinker on the other hand maybe, if done right and completely ignored anything engineering currently does.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Except the hero unit from WC3, and the DHs in WoW.

You deviate from that, and you no longer have a DH.

TBH it could be anything Blizzard wants it to be. Monks can heal by punching and kicking. I literally heal in dungeons by spamming spinning crane kick. By taking that type of gameplay into consideration, there's nothing that really says a commonly-assumed DPS concept can't have a healing spec. We've even begun getting fan concepts for Mages and Hunters with heal specs, I don't really think there's any limitation on concepts as long as there is good gameplay behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Except the hero unit from WC3, and the DHs in WoW.

You deviate from that, and you no longer have a DH.
    You no longer have a WC3 DH, you have a WoW DH. Exact same as the DK and Paladin transitions into WoW, who are no longer WC3 Heroes (LOL DK's don't use Frost Magic in WC3!!!!)

Also, Heroes of the Storm opens up some new gameplay hooks to draw from. It doesn't have to be a 1:1 translation, but the Mark of Azzinoth combo system and high mobility dashing could be interesting in WoW.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-12-28 at 11:17 PM.

I'd much rather have a tinker than DH class, they can easily give warlocks a demon hunter spec by just making them melee fighters. And as far as I know demon hunters in WC3 wear clothes aswell.

I'd like to see the tinker from WC3 playable, where you get some standard abilities like creating your own small pocket factory, firing AoE missles and being able to upgrade your abilities. And especially transforming into something else, that could be their tank spec (and the funny thing is they actually turn into a..... TANK).

If Blizzard wants they can give tinker pretty much all roles: tank, melee dps, ranged dps and healers. DH would just be another boring melee class that we've already gotten twice (DK and monk)

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd much rather have a tinker than DH class, they can easily give warlocks a demon hunter spec by just making them melee fighters. And as far as I know demon hunters in WC3 wear clothes aswell.

I'd like to see the tinker from WC3 playable, where you get some standard abilities like creating your own small pocket factory, firing AoE missles and being able to upgrade your abilities. And especially transforming into something else, that could be their tank spec (and the funny thing is they actually turn into a..... TANK).

If Blizzard wants they can give tinker pretty much all roles: tank, melee dps, ranged dps and healers. DH would just be another boring melee class that we've already gotten twice (DK and monk)
    hell no. demon hunters would be their own class. demon hunters wear leather and sometimes use mail.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor