Thread: Specs

Deleted

Specs

Hey guys,

So I havent played my rogue since TBC and was wondering a few things.. whats the best spec pre-soo normal gear? Assassination?

Then when you get to the 545+ ilvls is it down to situations to pick with combat and subtlety or is there a winner out of the two?

A few words of advice would be great.

Many Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO.....whatever spec you have the best weapons/gear and well optimized and reforged accordingly....except Sub that is, Sub. shines more and more as you gain better gear, that's how it scales, pre SoO not so good.

Regular standard advice around here, check with shadowcraft to optimize gear at any level first and foremost, and might check askmrrobot and icy veins for some extra info.

Assuming ToT gear, Assassination>=combat with 4pc T15 according to the type of fight, most ToT is more accustomed to single target though, so might stick to Assassination imo.

Regarding 545+ levels, they are so darn close, again assuming equal gear levels and appropriate gemming/reforging, 1-3% difference lots of the time.

High skill level and good at control? then sub will give you amazing numbers, except maybe if you had the kind of dancing tank I have to deal with so I don't even try anymore

Combat, with 4pc T16 and right trinkets, is pulling ahead if you can manage your cds well enough.

As for Assassination...same old really, and safest bet for most rogues, I would stick to it coming out of ToT, and switch to combat when you get decent weapons/4pc and trinkets.

Want to use 2 specs on same gear?, safest bet would be Combat/Sub, most of the time they have same gemming and reforging, while Assassination can go a couple of different ways, mastery/haste heavy depending on a few things like legendary gem and such....at full normal gear levels that differentiation kinds falls off and stat weights change fluidly and near equal.

Deleted
    Assatination!

I coined the lfr fist weapon today in lfr, and that puts me with two SoO lfr daggers and the combat weapon, at around 515 ilvl would assass still be the best spec?

most probably yes, assassination would still be the best

if you have the Assuranse of consequence (sha of pride trinket) it would be possible to go combat probably.

Assassination, then go combat once you have a slow weapon and AoC

Deleted
    The TLDR of the last bazillion posts about this topic is:

- Play what you want; anything works and nothing is 'best' on every encounter.

Just promise that whatever you do, don't listen to advice that says one spec is best because it's just naive