Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    I know a great deal about the UK actually. From the failed invasions of Rome to the viking issues which eventually led to Billy the Bastard conquering England. And then we can talk about a stuttering King, a King that meets with Hitler, a King that has multiple wives and/or a fetish for beheading... American revolution, British still being mad about the American revolution and burning down the white house... I mean we can just pick a point in history anywhere from 800-1066-present day and ...well, I think I have your British history covered well enough.
    Well apart from the bit where you apparently know nothing at all. Did you know the Nazi party received funding from Americans, such as a member of the Bush family? And a king meeting the head of a foreign state, oh the horror! How dare they serve their role as ambassadors! Also if you had any idea you'd know that we cared not a bit about the American revolution at all, India was the jewel in the Empire and received most of our focus before we had to deal with Napoleon attempting to bring all of Europe under his control.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Also of all the Kings why are you so focused on George? Henry, Elizabeth and Victoria are probably the most studied monarchs in Britain, on accounts they actually did stuff that had an impact.
    I like to focus on George because the majority of Brits that I've spoken to seem to have no issues with what the man did. And continue to this day to defend him as if he could do no wrong. I'm sorry, it just rubs me the wrong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well apart from the bit where you apparently know nothing at all. Did you know the Nazi party received funding from Americans, such as a member of the Bush family? And a king meeting the head of a foreign state, oh the horror! How dare they serve their role as ambassadors! Also if you had any idea you'd know that we cared not a bit about the American revolution at all, India was the jewel in the Empire and received most of our focus before we had to deal with Napoleon attempting to bring all of Europe under his control.
    And where did I ever say America was innocent? See you think this is about some patriotic bs, it's not. And surprise, surprise! The English at war with France. Major plot twist!

I like to focus on George because the majority of Brits that I've spoken to seem to have no issues with what the man did. And continue to this day to defend him as if he could do no wrong. I'm sorry, it just rubs me the wrong way.
    "majority of Brits that I've spoken to" = One random guy you have on skype

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    "majority of Brits that I've spoken to" = One random guy you have on skype
    Maybe he's just really, really, really big. Making him the majority of brits in sheer volume.

Most Brit's don't even know who King George was lol, are you not getting your George's confused? The new royal baby is Prince George, apparently alot of us Brits are pretty into this monarchy shizzle and so he's received a fair bit more attention than is reasonable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik85 View Post
    most brit's don't even know who king george was lol, are you not getting your george's confused? The new royal baby is prince george, apparently alot of us brits are pretty into this monarchy shizzle and so he's received a fair bit more attention than is reasonable.
    we have a royal family ???!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    we have a royal family ???!?!?!?!
    Who knew right!?

Deleted
    WTF, George Bush was never praised here, in fact to Britons Bush is that borderline special needs president America elected numerous times! Hell you have him on your shows talking about cute puppies he's painted whilst ignoring the Iraqi blood on his hands. At least our countries atrocities are centuries old, what's your excuse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Why do some people dislike my post. And the English, to make it relevant.

U.S... we wuv you, Engwish people, you ou fwends. (And in many cases prob distant cousins.)
    I think this is something we've got to get away from. We need to stop pretending we really have anything in common with the British anymore and make more productive friendships for the coming years. It's no secret that British people don't really like us very much and resent it when their government decides to help us out with things.

It's not that I have anything against England, I'm only two generations removed from Britain myself, I just don't see how our political partnership with them can last the growing divisions in ideologies between our two nations.

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of British people wouldn't have an issue with King George, as they'd probably no idea who he was, which George you are referring to, or what he was supposed to have done - in fact, what did he do that was so bad? We've had some real shits as monarch, and I don't recall a George being amongst the contenders for the biggest bastard award.

Britain had six King George's, none of whom were particularly notable for much beyond being German - the most famous probably being George IV, and that is likely due to the Regency Period of British history at the beginning of the nineteenth century, and being played by Hugh Laurie in Blackadder III.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...d-benefit.html

If Britain gets our taxpayers, shouldn't it also pay their benefits? Why should Polish taxpayers subsidize British taxpayers' children?
    Oh, Snap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    If foreign politics care for the wellfare system of another sovereign state to not hurt the interest of their citizens something is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Shakira better get over there and declare this a human rights abuse before it goes out of style.