Endless tanking- achievement

Hello Fellow gamers. This post is especially for the DK tanks that are trying to do the Proving ground achievement for endless wave 30 or already did it. I must say it’s a challenge, and I already spend endless hours there. I’m stuck now and I need your help. I just can’t seem to find the right combination or maybe I’m missing something- in my rotation or whatnot. I searched the internet but there are really nothing useful other than peoples saying they did it in 3 tries, “DK has advantages again..”, “not that hard”.. etc. etc. Well I think it is the hardest challenge I have ever encountered in Wow yet! The videos are limited as well, and on the other hand somewhat cheating. I mean I found one where I could see he had 65% haste stacked along with all other ”normal” values for stam and mastery. I tried to cap expertise along with hit, but the more successful tries were actually with around 22% haste and 137% mastery. I have around 611-649K HP in all the tries- at the slightly cost of Hit and Expertise. The build has Roiling blood, Purgatory, chilblains, death pact, runic corruption and remowsless winter. Glyphs is, Vampiric Blood, Death and Decay, 3rd has been changing a bit from DRW to festering blood and you name it. My observations are that the chilbanes and DnD glyph don’t seem to slow mobs in the 50% +50% the tooltip says and the AMS- doesn’t seem to take care of the banana -debuff. I changed the legendary Meta gem to a normal meta: 432 stam and minor run speed increase. I choose gear with the most gem sockets. All in all 25 sockets. I have tried with various trinkets- but the best seems like Soul Barrier or Spark of Zandalar and Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage . Anyway there are several peoples that did the achievement, according to wow-progression- so it must be possible. I have made a video one of the best try’s I had.

I die around the same spot every time. From where The 3 windreavers becomes 2 and to the transition fase to wave 27- I have popped everything and there are no CD’s left. I also tried using army in that wave but I just wipe in wave 9 or 19. Please share your comments and advice.
    Best wishes Soter

- - - Updated - - -

Restrictions here prevent me from posting links to the video, but search youtube for "desolation of soter"

Hi, I wrote up a small "guide" for how I did it a while back. I was one of those people who got it in a couple of tries though, so not sure how helpful this will be. Anyways, this is what I wrote back then and I don't really have anything new to add as I haven't touched proving ground since.

I'm going to quickly write down what talents/cds/gear that I used for attaining wave 56 as a blood DK. Please note that I haven't experienced much with different ways of doing this, so what I'm doing might be quite sub-optimal. Please note that I play on European servers from Australia, so I usually have somewhere between 300-400ms, but a lack of fast reaction time usually isn't that big of a deal before the latter waves.

I gear mainly for avoidance because I'm using my CM gear for PG, but I think a mastery build could be equally (if not even more) viable as it's mostly about survival and not damage. I really recommend running at least one stamina trinket and stamina food and flask.

The talents I use are fairly standard, just make sure to pick up both stuns (Asphyxiate and Remorseless winter) and I also prefer to have Purgatory and Death Pact to help me in a pinch when I mess up.

#1: Simple Wave, I Bone Shield 10ish sec before the wave start and use no other cds

#2: Here I use Dancing Rune Weapon and the Shado-Pan Assault trinket around 6-7 seconds into the pull (around the time I start dropping a bit in health). I then taunt the first add that spawns in and use Remorseless Winter and use my other stun on the last add.

#3: Death grip one of the casters in. Interrupt the first fireball he casts, then stun him on the second. I usually use AMS to safely move the adds into a patch of fire, but it's honestly not very important as you got a long time to kill them off.

#4: I used Dancing Rune Weapon as the big guy enrages while at the same time stunning the flying mob with Asphyxiate. Once the next add spawn I taunt him in and use Remorseless Winter.

#5: I will usually have the flying guy still up when this wave start so I just stun him when there is 1 sec left on the timer. As the caster casts his AoE spell position the mobs into the fire using AMS. Once he is done casting use Death Grip to pull him into it. Using Vampiric Embrace is ok here, but make sure you use it early as you will want it up for the next pack.

#6: This is (in my opinion) the toughest wave. I've tried finding a reliable way to use Army here, but been unable to find something that works as either the other cds will not come off at the right time (when I Army at the start). Or I risk getting knocked around when I use Army later. Either way, here is what I do:

I use outbreak on the middle mob then Dancing Rune Weapon right before the mobs get to me, then blood boil and death strike. Now I sometimes use Vampiric Embrace and Rune Tap straight away if I take a ton of damage, but other times I can save these cds. A few seconds after all the mobs have knocked me away I use Icebound Fortitude and make sure Remorseless Winter goes off a couple of seconds after IbF ends. After this ends it should be pretty straightforward as the first add is dead. Use Death Pact if needed.

#7: I always have at least one of the flying guys up when this pack spawns. As the mobs approaches I use Asphyxiate on the one with the highest remaining HP. Make sure to dodge the AoE stun and use Empower Rune Weapon as the big mob enrages and you should be fine. As the enrage wears off I usually use Remorseless Winter. Also feel free to use Vampiric Embrace here as you shouldn't need them on the next wave.

#8: Easy wave, make sure to let the fire cast go off and position all the mobs but the caster in the fire (whenever practically possible). I also like to stun the final add a couple of seconds before the next wave starts (if he is still up).

#9: One of the toughest waves. I use Dancing Rune Weapon (and usually Shado-Pan trinket) as the mobs approaches, then IbF right after it goes off. Also learn where the adds will spawn from and move the mobs around (clockwise) so that you can pick them up where they spawn. After IbF wears off start Remorseless Winter and use Army while the mobs are stunned. Grip/taunt the other mob that spawns into the army if needed.

#10: Let the first cast go off for the fires. Interrupt the next cast and move both mobs into fire using AMS (if needed). Use Asphyxiate on the caster when the big mob enrages and use a cd like Death Pact to make sure you survive the enrage. Dodge the AoE stun, taunt the Ambusher that spawns and then use Remorseless Winter and dancing Rune Weapon when their cds run out.

As mentioned above, this is in no way meant to be a optimal way of doing PG, but it should be good enough for wave 30 (at least). If you got any other questions, feel free to ask.

I found the best way to handle the 3 windreaver phase was to start channeling army 4-5 seconds before that phase begins, they will taunt the shit out of them and by the time army dies you have 2 left. I channel remorseless on them as well so that army can beat the shit out of them for another 5 seconds before they start getting killed. Focus on the one they all focus on and burn it down. I don't use any other CD in that phase because I need them for the other phases.

Hello!

I'm going to give a shoot at the only PG Endless achievement that i'm missing: the tank one.

I've two choices for the job: Brewmaster Monk vs Guardian druid.
    I play both the specs very well, but i can't decide which one is best. The only difference is the monk having 2x 1h from ToT (1 more socket gem due to legendary Q item).

What would u guys do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Hello!

I'm going to give a shoot at the only PG Endless achievement that i'm missing: the tank one.

I've two choices for the job: Brewmaster Monk vs Guardian druid.
    I play both the specs very well, but i can't decide which one is best. The only difference is the monk having 2x 1h from ToT (1 more socket gem due to legendary Q item).

What would u guys do ?
    Guardian.

http://www.wowprogress.com/char_stat.../field.pg_tank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    There are a lot more brewmasters in the top 50... And some of those guardians apparantly used the stealth cheat and/or switched realms so are in there more times.

My suggestion would be to try the first 10 waves on both. I found it a lot easier to control the waves as healer on my shaman over my druid and went with that,got to wave 44 within a few endless pulls.

Maulscreech thanks! the Asphyxiate did the trick. I just did the proven defender. Thanks a lot mate:-)

What sort of gear would be optimal for PG/CM? Heroic blues?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taralack View Post
    What sort of gear would be optimal for PG/CM? Heroic blues?
    Gear with gemslots naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Altam View Post
    Gear with gemslots naturally.
    yup max gem slots = win since they aren't scaled down, so triple socket legs/chests are amazing, best trinkets will be DMF & alchemy one, best head is engineering again due to it's sockets, don't need these profs but if u have them abuse them.