Thread: Pick one item.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pick one item.

Hello all,

Simple question.

If you had to pick one item that would either hold it's value or increase in value come WoD which item would you choose?

My guess would be the Sky Golem mount. It may not rise in value, but I think it will hold it's value throughout the next expansion.

Any thoughts?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any crafted mounts hold their value. Vial of the sands, currently goes for 39k on my server AH, less in trade. I sill know players holding on to them in the hope of a price rise, but nearly 4 years down the track, I don't like their chances.

Deleted
    Haunted Memento

Deleted
    Jewelled panther, it's about as cheap as the vendor items cost now, not much more

10+ Year Old Account
    Since mounts have allready been mentioned I'll say raid drop pets from Mists raids. Raids will be run less and can't be solo'd by most people especially early on in WoD. I can see things like Blackfuse Bombling stay at a reasonably high price.

There's a few more pets like that, I can see the Timeless Isle Bloody coin pet become sought after too, next expansion the Isle will be deserted and it will take special set up and effort to get the coins needed to get the pet, especially on PvE realms. Just look at how sought after the PvP Talbuks are and how rare it is to still see people get them. Same thing, basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that the sky golem goes UP in price. 20-30k on the servers I play on. Makes me cringe.

I hope that the saltstone xmog set stays at a good price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going for a more simple choice and say certain crafting mats for proffesions? If with the instant level 90s there is no degree of proffession boosting too, so starting from 1 like anyother character, there will be alot more max level characters with no proffesions so there may be a surge in demand for mats as some players may want to max their skill as much as they can before venturing into Draenor

Proffs such as Blacksmithing, Engineering, Enchanting and the likes

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant really think of a good answer,all i can think of is whatever season has just passed before WoD's release then whatever pet was in that said holiday event and isnt obtainable for another year should bring a good price.

Deleted
    I would say the Gnomish Army Knife, everyone will be leveling proffessions again and those things are damn handy in keeping your bags clear of all the mining picks and skinning knifes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    I hope that the sky golem goes UP in price. 20-30k on the servers I play on. Makes me cringe.

I hope that the saltstone xmog set stays at a good price.
    It won't go up, because Blizz will probably remove Jard's Peculiar Energy Source cd. You should have expected that you won't be the only one doing it for "fast cash". It's worth 15k after they do that.

Now, if cds stay in place, it WILL go up, but it's a risk.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    It won't go up, because Blizz will probably remove Jard's Peculiar Energy Source cd. You should have expected that you won't be the only one doing it for "fast cash". It's worth 15k after they do that.

Now, if cds stay in place, it WILL go up, but it's a risk.
    I leveled Engineering for the first time in Mists, and really enjoyed it. Going and tracking down the old-world ore and recipes for things like the Moll-E and Jeeves were a fun reason (aside from the huge perks of having those two particular items) to level that profession. To that end, I think it's cool that stuff like the Mekgineer's Chopper still sells relatively high as a result of materials costing a lot and/or being difficult to track down, so I'm hoping the CD on Jard's and Living Steel remains in place as a means of keeping values on some things a little higher.

Deleted
    sky golem (who will do living steels in wod ?)

Quote Originally Posted by ketaq View Post
    sky golem (who will do living steels in wod ?)
    agree. but ill never let go of my haunted memento

Haunted Memento Deff.

Viscous Horror because I don't see Primordius being soloable at the start of WoD.

Pretty much any TCG item (besides the duped pets).

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Viscous Horror because I don't see Primordius being soloable at the start of WoD.
    Unless they add it somewhere else, the LFR version of that pet will be even rarer. There is a mount and several pets to be found in Throne of Thunder, so it should spark some interest for people to go back. That's an easy thing to do for normal/heroic version, but LFR requires you to queue for it. I'd imagine the queue time to be horrendous after WoD is launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Unless they add it somewhere else, the LFR version of that pet will be even rarer. There is a mount and several pets to be found in Throne of Thunder, so it should spark some interest for people to go back. That's an easy thing to do for normal/heroic version, but LFR requires you to queue for it. I'd imagine the queue time to be horrendous after WoD is launched.
    Any pet that's available exclusively from LFR/Flex (Gooey Shaling only) I can imagine getting added to the CTA Satchel or gold bags. Normal/Heroic raid only I doubt it but we'll see. As for the later ToT runs I don't see more running in the future than what is currently being done; the biggest reason people still do them in T16 is to farm Secrets and Runestones and even then I doubt there's more groups running it despite the 20% nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Pretty much any TCG item (besides the duped pets).
    Any TCG item that is not posted on the BMAH I'd agree with since the TCG is no longer being produced.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-01-09 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post

Well I think they will move the pets that drop in LFR to normal mode.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haunted Memento, seems to be the easiest way to make gold if you find someone selling them cheap, I bought mine other day for 17k, saw about 2hrs later someone wanting to sell them for 30k, I just wish I had the gold I had now a few months ago when I saw them under 5k