Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    should report him and get him perma banned, only encouraging the scumbag gold sellers.
    This. Also you encourage Blizzard on even more p2w practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    So a mate of mine in WoW had tamed Degu the red porcupine, now if fellow hunters have gone and found him and spent countless gold on repairs for taming him or brought some mates to blast the shit out of him to tame him you know the challenge.

He tells me just casually, he paid a dealer site x* (X being the amount he told me, was between 40-100 USD) amount of money to go and tame Degu for him.

I get pissed at him saying that was horrible idea spending an ammount on what can be an easy tame with some mates around or guildies to help.

he didnt really care and said it was worth it.

All i gotta say is, There goes the thrill of taming these days, Why waste hours upon hours of searching and waiting for a rare spirit beasts when you can go and see a dealer.

fuck sake
    Im sorry if I'll throw a barbed spear straight to your heart OP but welcome to real world where everything can be gained in many ways... both morally correct and incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how your accomplishments are diminished by him hiring someone doing it for him.

Deleted
    There is always the chance that Blizzard will get you and ban you without even warning you first if you buy the things that gold dealers sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Blizzard should sell hunter pets in the Blizz Store. I bet they can make some dough off that!

Deleted
    So a mate of mine in WoW had tamed Degu the red porcupine, now if fellow hunters have gone and found him and spent countless gold on repairs for taming him or brought some mates to blast the shit out of him to tame him you know the challenge.

He tells me just casually, he paid a dealer site x* (X being the amount he told me, was between 40-100 USD) amount of money to go and tame Degu for him.

I get pissed at him saying that was horrible idea spending an ammount on what can be an easy tame with some mates around or guildies to help.

All i gotta say is, There goes the thrill of taming these days, Why waste hours upon hours of searching and waiting for a rare spirit beasts when you can go and see a dealer.

fuck sake
    Just lol....thats just embarrassing. long while ago i was leveling my first alt in pandaria found Degu announced it to a friend he came to tame it while my lvl 86 priest spam healed him never had to pay any repairs or found any challenge in it u mentioned and this was around msv so the friend of mine wasnt 570ilvl but rather 470.

Deleted
    No joke, if you srsly need help taming those you should delete your game, it's nothing hard with them. I just got all 3 of them within 10mins, no help just own skills. Why would you even need help for them?o.O Just don't be stupid.. =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Your friend is....weak i say. Geting this pet is very very very easy to get.
    The hardest one to tame in wow history was deathilac for me, just after the Beast in UBRS.
    And that was mostly due to morons attacking it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

fuck sake
    The only problem I see here is where you get emotionally invested with regard to how another person who isn't your wife/husband/child chooses to value and spend their own money.

So, I have to ask: did you feel strongly enough about this to report him to Blizzard? Or did you just come here to pretend that you're really concerned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    The only problem I see here is where you get emotionally invested with regard to how another person who isn't your wife/husband/child chooses to value and spend their own money.

So, I have to ask: did you feel strongly enough about this to report him to Blizzard? Or did you just come here to pretend that you're really concerned?
    I reported it like anything unfair cheaters do
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

What a great idea. Spend real dollars on giving your account info to one of the sites that are the core of 90%+ of the "hacking" cases, just to tame a red porcupine which would maybe take 40 minutes for the average decent hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst part...you know there is someone who, if they haven't already, will buy that service from the 'gold farmer'

This is why I used to stream, to show people how easy it is to accomplish things with a little bit of guidance..especially on goldmaking. Maybe ill start again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    He payed someone to do a job that he should have done himself.
    It is an RPG if you are not willing to overcome an objective or goal then you do not deserve the reward.

Worse though he gave $$$ to scumbag gold/ services sellers. I do not approve of these people, I do not care how much they need the money. They ruin games, especially for those that play within the restraints of the ToS and bottom line push up the cost to play said games since Publisher has to spend money combating these scumbags.

Your friend is selfish and complacent. If he is not willing to play the game within the rules that most other people do then he can fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    What a great idea. Spend real dollars on giving your account info to one of the sites that are the core of 90%+ of the "hacking" cases, just to tame a red porcupine which would maybe take 40 minutes for the average decent hunter.
    Then people bitch why they get hacked a lot!
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    should report him and get him perma banned, only encouraging the scumbag gold sellers.
    Yeaaaah... this might come as a surprise, but Blizzard doesn't ban Gold/Service buyers, only the sellers.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I had a friend just like yours, and I threw him out of my life. You should do the same, they're stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackodude1 View Post
    I had a friend just like yours, and I threw him out of my life. You should do the same, they're stupid people.
    Most people don't make friendship decisions based on how their friends decide to spend their money. Sounds like you've got some weird priorities.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

So he buys WoW, pays for it monthly, and at the same time pay another high amount of money to let someone else play the game for him. He's probably the same kind of person that has bought every single Blizzard Store item, and likely a shitload of realm ransfers and race/faction changes.

Where's the feel of accomplishment if you let other people do your hard work? Isn't that like the main goal with playing a videogame, accomplish something you work for?
    Last edited by McNeil; 2013-12-30 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    So he buys WoW, pays for it monthly, and at the same time pay another high amount of money to let someone else play the game for him. He's probably the same kind of person that has bought every single Blizzard Store item, and likely a shitload of realm ransfers and race/faction changes.

Where's the feel of accomplishment if you let other people do your hard work? Isn't that like the mean goal with playing a videogame, accomplish something you work for?
    No, the point of a videogame is to have fun. People have different ways of achieving that. I just wish that games didn't try to cater to both.

10+ Year Old Account
    The is absolutely 100% nothing wrong with paying for the taming of a hunter pet (or anything else in WoW for that matter). Sure you can say that it takes the fun out of it, but that's a matter of opinion. For some people, the fun is having something, but not necessarily the process of getting it. If you have the money to do so, why shouldn't you "take a shortcut" and get something done faster? To me it makes logical sense to pay someone to do a job that you don't want to do. I don't want to do fixups around the house, that's why I pay a handyman. I don't want to fix my car, that's why I pay a mechanic. If someone doesn't want to spend hours camping a pet only for a chance to tame it, then they should pay someone to do it for them.