Need a new mouse

I have been spending almost a week trying to replace my old logitch mx 518 with something comparable button wise.

My main issue is since the mouse is shorting out I should probably find something that is a bit smaller as I am having carpal tunnel/craps in my lower thumb area.

I always palm grip my mouse just so its noted my hand is length is only 7 in in length making hard to palm grip mouses like the mx 518

Now I have been reading about the naga but I am weary about all the double click issues and quality control.

I have been reading up about and the g600 but has issues with the side button requiring too much pressure to press along with my concern about its size.

Read up on the ratz 7 as customizable but it lacks the buttons my mx has.

The steel series sensei being a non ergonomic design with the risk of gripping and pushing the right side buttons and whether or not it would be comfortable and it looks again as big as my mx.

I also read about the cooler master series mouses and while some looked promising read that it had issues with twin laser many people had problems with as well the bigger inferno was just might be a bit too big for me or looks awkward to hold.

As for the Corsair most of the models lack the buttons and the m90/95 while it might have the buttons I read had issues fix in 95 for the push strength needed to push down the side buttons but the dementions make it a mouse that is even bigger then what I am currently using.

So in the end I am trying to find a new mouse that has 7-8 buttons and like my mx518 is but doesn't hurt my hand and feel comfortable to hold for 10-12 hour session be in wow, ffxiv or some of the other steam games I have been play both rpg, shooter, strategy or random wise.

Also I sadly do not leave near a major store like best buy or the like or I would of tried out more mouses in person, sadly I had to go on what I see in picture measurements listed and what I read from others but still I am at a loss as to what I should get as its a blind shot in the dark based on what I have read from others so far.

TLDR : Trying to find a smaller mouse been reading up on many but need suggestions for a smaller gaming mouse than my mx 518 as it a bit too big for daily use palm gripping.
    Last edited by aketolove; 2013-12-29 at 05:19 PM.

I had the 518 for a bit, but I then replaced it with the G500. It's discontinued, so my warranty replacement was a G500S.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104857

It's a solid mouse, the variable dpi is nice (for sniping or general PC use, I have it on setting 2, while for general gameplay, I have it on setting 3). It doesn't have the buttons above and below the wheel, but it has an extra button below the forward/back buttons, and the scroll lock is something I really like. The thing that I hate about the mouse is the cable, which has failed me on 3 occasions now. I originally got the G500, and its cable was the same. Rather than the thick, plastic-wrapped cable you usually have with a mouse, these mice have a thinner cable that is then surrounded by mesh. What happened with my 2 G500 mice (and is happening with the G500S I now have) is that cable kinks badly, the mesh splits, it exposes the jacket and kinks it, the jacket cracks, then the wires get exposed and start fraying. With both G500 mice, it took about 6 months for the mouse to stop working properly. The G500S has just started the process after about 2 months, and I expect it'll need replaced in 4 more months or so.

The saving grace on that is Logitech is very generous on warranty replacements. Both times I had to get my mouse replaced under warranty (3-year warranty, by the way), they asked for a copy of the receipt (sent a picture taken on my phone via e-mail), they sent a replacement out, and they didn't even ask for the broken one back. It's pretty painless to get a replacement from them. The other factor is that while I was looking at the other mice at Best Buy a couple of days ago, all of the Logitech and RAZER mice had the same, thin cable with mesh wrapping. I'm not sure if anyone offers a better alternative for cabling, jut I thought I'd make that issue known.

I used the mx518 for like 8 years, went to a naga and i could never go back. Ive owned 2 naga's and neither had the double click issue, first one the mouse wheel down stopped working after a year but razer sent me a new one in 3 days and this one has worked perfect for a bit over a year now. The 2014 naga has had no reports of double click issue btw, and it has mechanical side switches now too.

If you want to get better at games a naga should at least be on your list of mice to buy.

BTW logitech still makes the mx518, just with a different name:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104838

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried both the logitech g600 mmo mouse and all the naga versions (even 2014) and they all just didn't feel right to me personally.

I loved the mx518 (but lost it sadly...still can't find it) and I got the naga 2014 and took it back because it jsut felt weird to me.

So I picked up steel series sensei rubbered edition and I love it! It's a great mouse, the hardware is great and the software is better than synapse 2.0 (razer software) imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

See I am trying to avoid the pains in my hands my right hand specifically its close to carpal tunnel is what I believe is what they call it so getting a mouse roughly the same size would not help me, I need a mouse that might be a bit lower and a bit smaller... the mice I all mention had issues I read especially the naga/razar mice have quality issues for quite a few people after a few weeks to a month, the double click being one of them .

I really want a good build quality mouse that feel comfortable to use for very long extended play session plam gripping and my hand already hurts holding the mx518 for short periods at alone 10-12 hours sessions.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope someone can give me some suggestion soon as my old mouse is still shorting out due to the wire being frayed and that I want a mouse that doesn't hurt to hold for long hours something a bit smaller palm grip wise.