Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Killed Heroic Garrosh a few days ago with Fire spec.

    Video :



    Feel free to comment
    Yeah, maintaining 3-5 stack of Potent Flames is incredibly important for the long term dps gains you get from Pyroblast. Instead of spamming two pyroblasts back to back you should try scorching or fireballing again before using that second pyroblast charge. It's kinda like half camping Pyroblast procs and if they both crit its gg. Inferno blast, fireball pyro again and you're sitting pretty with high stacks and 1 1/2 procs ready to go.

    I can totally understanding going back to back with at least an inferno blast thrown inbetween or if an add needs to die that very second, otherwise I feel it's a waste of a proc that just gets used on a fireball and not another pyro after that getting an extra tick from the amount of haste you're getting from the high buff stack.

    On our first H Garrosh kill the only reason I managed to catch back up to multi dotters was maintaing a high stack of Potent Flames as much as possible. Weaving in scorches was critical to this with lower ilvls. (also gg warriors were on point with skull-banners)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwCWRoxRPvo

  2. #22
    High Overlord Skyefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Corruptsoul View Post
    Yeah, maintaining 3-5 stack of Potent Flames is incredibly important for the long term dps gains you get from Pyroblast. Instead of spamming two pyroblasts back to back you should try scorching or fireballing again before using that second pyroblast charge. It's kinda like half camping Pyroblast procs and if they both crit its gg. Inferno blast, fireball pyro again and you're sitting pretty with high stacks and 1 1/2 procs ready to go.
    Interesting that you say that, and I'm not sure whether that piece of advice is specific to Garrosh or not. Vykina specifically said "You do everything BUT scorch pretty much to keep up 2p high stacks" which kinda contradicts what you said. Thoughts?
    Skye <Avast> | US - Jubei'Thos 14/14 Mythic | Twitch | Armoury

    Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

  3. #23
    It depends on cast times and how many stacks you're currently at. If you're only at 3 stacks I used scorch filler situationally to maintain good pyro procs (1 1/2), when you're at 5 it's much easier to get fireballs in. I also mentioned this: "Weaving in scorches was critical to this with lower ilvls."

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathos View Post
    What do you guys think is the best way to handle the Minion of Y'Shaarj that is spawned during the Empowered whirling corruption?

    It seems like you need to hit it instantly when it spawns or it will beeline for the tank. I've had some cases in which I Pyroblasted! the mob on spawn and still it didn't stick to me.

    I tried Ice Ward and Ring of Frost, but it seems immune to both. So far the it seems best to Cone of Cold it on spawn and nuke it like normal. I'm usually one of the slowest to kill it, I'm wondering if I shouldn't CoC and use that gcd to do nuke instead.
    A very important piece of advice on this : never, ever use Mirror Images before an Empowered Whirling Corruption, because the threat reduction this spells applies on you will prevent the Minnion of Y'Shaarj to stick to you, and it will run away no matter how much Pyros you throw into its face.

    MI's threat reduction last for 30 seconds FYI.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    A very important piece of advice on this : never, ever use Mirror Images before an Empowered Whirling Corruption, because the threat reduction this spells applies on you will prevent the Minnion of Y'Shaarj to stick to you, and it will run away no matter how much Pyros you throw into its face.

    MI's threat reduction last for 30 seconds FYI.
    I just re-watched my stream, indeed there were Mirror Images up. Mystery solved.

  6. #26
    Blademaster Cripster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Goblin Slums Auction house
    Posts
    25
    Had my first night on Garrosh Hc last night where I was assigned to Solo the Engineers as a fire mage because our other options weren't optimal either - found it to be an impossibility without using cooldowns on Both meaning having none for the Boss. Anyone else attempt soloing the engineer as Fire and had any success with any strategy? for the last few pulls we got our hunter to take over and he seemed to be far more reliable at it than I was, guess its just not a role we fire mages fit into well.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripster View Post
    Had my first night on Garrosh Hc last night where I was assigned to Solo the Engineers as a fire mage because our other options weren't optimal either - found it to be an impossibility without using cooldowns on Both meaning having none for the Boss. Anyone else attempt soloing the engineer as Fire and had any success with any strategy? for the last few pulls we got our hunter to take over and he seemed to be far more reliable at it than I was, guess its just not a role we fire mages fit into well.
    Just don't. Would be better to use two people for them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •