woltk or before
cata or above
"We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."
As a warlock, cata was quite the salvation. Bringing new core tools to each spec made gameplay much more fun and diverse. Even more so now in MoP, especially with demo.
I play a warlock, and to be honest i quite like how it has turned out. i LOVED demo burst at cata, i was first by miles, but the new system is awesome. and in WoD i think i heard something along the lines of "permanent demon form" and hints that each race would have their own demon form, so that has got me hyped up.
What i don't like however is the damage difference between specs, i wish they would narrow that down a little. i hate being forced to play destruction this tier, even if it does get me on top of meters.
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
Wish more people would take that to heart.
loved my ele in wotlk - lvb oneshot was awesome
I really miss Wotlk boomkin, when eclipse was a proc and not this stupid predictable bar, enjoyed it a whole lot more. Also Wrath was a much shorter cast and I think wrath on eclipse gained more damage done while starfire got more haste on it, was it? Also Insect Swarm
On my main warrior, I miss wotlk/cata Warrior, especially as protection, I hate MoP prot warrior, it's so lame imo.
Fury as well but by much less than the rest I mentioned.
As a warrior:
- They blamed us for being gear dependent, ok i admit, it wasn't fun at the beggining of each x-pack, and then it wasn't fun for other classes after a whille, because we scaled too good with gear, but does this justify them to make the entire class dependent on a single item (weapon)? I think they should bring back hybrid damage, something like weapon damage with 10% AP modifier.
- The only thing wrong with rage in Wrath was heroic strike glyph, without it you would become rage starved during some fights, just like now. I think this model based on rage per hit doesn't work and isn't fun at all. I used to play in wrath without heroic strike glyph (because i prefered bloodthirst glyph for the self healing) and managing rage was fun, at least for me.
- Custumization, we went from 100 to 0 in a blink of eyes... Bring back old talents.
- The feeling of being unic, a warrior feeled just like a warrior should feel, with unic features that no other class had, like totems (banners). Its annoying to see that every single new spell they give to warriors (or any other class) is just a copy past model of an already existent spell, like banners (totems), raging Blow (stormskike), single minded fury (general one handed fighting from seen on most DW classes) or even wild strike (Lava lash). Bring back unicness and the feeling of being playing the class.
- Stances, oh boy... Do i need to say anything else?? A Arms warrior playing like a Fury Warrior?? I admit, stance dancing wasn't fun for some players, but stances always reinforced the diferentiation of warrior specs, and the price to pay for spaming and utility of using other spec utility, like rend for Fury warriors, or taunt as arms and fury, was to switch stance, that was the core of the class, don't like it?? Then don't play with warriors.
- Totems, so many good totems gonne .
- The old AoE problem still hasn't been fixed, i understand that fire nova wasn't usefull for Elementals back in wrath, because we had to spam the totem, but it always worked for Enhancement, and i still think that the model of fire nova proceding from the totem position was far much better then see it proceding from a random mob. The solution for this its easy to solve, just bring back the fire nova totem proced for enhancement.
- Most of the complains i typed in the warrior sectiuon also apply to Shamans, unicness feeling, custumazation... All gone .
Pre-Cata, 100% arp on my primary toons among other things. Some nostalgia, but also a huge preference of overall balance. (Disregarding PvP, has never been balanced)
edit: I imagine most people that are playing a Monk or Lock (and enjoy either class) will largely prefer post for obvious reasons.
This one time at Brand Camp, I got Singed.
atm, ret is my main, and i could never get into the rotation/playstyle before.
as for the other 9 pre-cata classes...
i'll just leave this here about when my fav class was my fav:
i say a lot of things.
some of them may be sarcastic, rude, or insulting.
but if you read carefully, i dont aim to insult people, and very rarely trolling ~ its my honest opinion. if you think im talking about you, go get some coffee and read it again later.
have a nice day.
I'm surprised so many people dislike the T90 Mage talents. Freestyle Evocate is one of my favorite changes to Mage.
For me as feral druid the answer is pretty obvious. Cata changes were bad, mop changes were terrible.
Feral rotation got dumbed down almost to the level of other classes, those bastards took our hybridity away, new talent system is a joke, and wotlk cat model was much better than all the modern ones. Also wotlk was the last time when we were able to do competitive dps. Gosh, it's five years already!
Poll options are pretty limited. I liked ret in WotLK, hated it in Cata, and love it in MoP. So yeah, I didn't vote...because Cata and MoP ret are on opposite ends of the spectrum. >.<
- - - Updated - - -
I mean, I get that it's just a sim...but still.
The Ghostcrawler balancing crap came at the cost of players not liking their class anymore.
On top of that the classes are still not balanced.
Time to bring the uniqueness, good gameplay, and fun back into classes/specs.
Angels and AirwavesCHVRCHΞS - Lemaitre - Motion City Soundtrack - Bombay Bicycle Club - Los Campesinos - Empire of the Sun - HellogoodbyeAldmeri Dominion - High Elf - Nightblade - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - ThiefBorderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer