Talent gossip ( Mistweaver)

Hey folks I was wondering how my other MW Monk would feel about Xuen having cool down reduction up to "< 90" seconds based on chi spent. For example every 2 chi spent = 2 seconds off the CD. From a PvE perspective I'd enjoy it, ,but I don't have much PvP experience. Even so I don't think it will affect PvP much. I'm 1/14 H SoO and I've been healing since the beginning so I've been through it all. Thanks for any input.

On a side note how will my MW Monks feel about having fist weaving set bonuses on WoP tier? But who knows what they'll do to is by then. (X_x)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    TFT should have a use specific to Fistweaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    People differentiate between fist weaving and lightning weaving (CJL), but to me it's all the game. I actually pulled 170k on Fallen Protectors (proud of that lol), and it's a hassle having to go in melee range to spend chi to build teas. I'm all for TFT to having a FW mechanic to it. Like making your BoK put a DoT on targets would be cool to have a DoT Eminece heal would be interesting to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love fistweaving set bonuses. As a matter of fact, I wish fistweaving was viable in more encounters because it's so fun. About Xuen, hell yeah - I'd love that! Two seconds off the CD for every two chi spent? That would be OP as hell... introduced one patch, hotfixed a week later. xdxdxd

As a side note, I think the Xuen change would be huge in PvP. He is a very powerful PvP CD and if he's up I am almost unstoppable 1v1 or even if am being gangbanged - a decent damage boost and godly heals. However, I don't PvP much myself so take that comment with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by MW4Life View Post
    I would love fistweaving set bonuses. As a matter of fact, I wish fistweaving was viable in more encounters because it's so fun. About Xuen, hell yeah - I'd love that! Two seconds off the CD for every two chi spent? That would be OP as hell... introduced one patch, hotfixed a week later. xdxdxd

As a side note, I think the Xuen change would be huge in PvP. He is a very powerful PvP CD and if he's up I am almost unstoppable 1v1 or even if am being gangbanged - a decent damage boost and godly heals. However, I don't PvP much myself so take that comment with a grain of salt.
    Yeah same here, I love to see a little fist weaving in our healing rotation for max Hps but as for WoD Blizz basically said fist weaving is just for giggles which I'm not to happy about. Maybe the CDR on Xuen would be OP but they can tweak it based not on chi spent but on the amount of BoK or TP used. Now that would be awesome and a little less on the OP side.

There's no logical reason at all to have an ability like that. Blizzard agrees; in fact, Blizzard recently changed a Paladin talent that worked something like that to instead just be a flat 50% cooldown reduction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    I always thought this, it would be cool to make it have Serpent's Zeal AoE heal or something when used with BoK

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BetoClinn View Post
    Yeah same here, I love to see a little fist weaving in our healing rotation for max Hps but as for WoD Blizz basically said fist weaving is just for giggles which I'm not to happy about. Maybe the CDR on Xuen would be OP but they can tweak it based not on chi spent but on the amount of BoK or TP used. Now that would be awesome and a little less on the OP side.
    They said it shouldn't be as good for healing as Mistweaving which is agreeable, if anything though it looks like they're going to be fleshing out DPS Healing quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    There's no logical reason at all to have an ability like that. Blizzard agrees; in fact, Blizzard recently changed a Paladin talent that worked something like that to instead just be a flat 50% cooldown reduction.
    There is still a glyph like that in existence, the Druid glyph that reduces NS by the 3 seconds per Healing Touch done ( I think ). All I'm saying is that as a Monk I would like to have some incentive to fist weave rather than doing it out of boredom or lack of healing needed to be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I always thought this, it would be cool to make it have Serpent's Zeal AoE heal or something when used with BoK

- - - Updated - - -

They said it shouldn't be as good for healing as Mistweaving which is agreeable, if anything though it looks like they're going to be fleshing out DPS Healing quite a bit.
    If you take a look at the 100 talents Shamans and Paladins have something in that teir that has dps healing. But I guess we will have to wait and see. I personally think mixing in a little dps in a healing rotation is fun and should have sometype of reward to it. That's just my 2 cents though.

Yeah same here, I love to see a little fist weaving in our healing rotation for max Hps but as for WoD Blizz basically said fist weaving is just for giggles which I'm not to happy about.
    Keep in mind, he said they plan on doing the same with Atonement by bringing it back down to "if you're doing it, you're not trying to heal through anything worth noticing."

If you take a look at the 100 talents Shamans and Paladins have something in that teir that has dps healing. But I guess we will have to wait and see. I personally think mixing in a little dps in a healing rotation is fun and should have sometype of reward to it. That's just my 2 cents though.
    From a Windwalker point of view, I'm still sick (like, actually disappointed in the devs) that we didn't get a talent that hurts-and-heals while Shaman did. Shaman are phenominally good at offheals and saving a raid. Windwalker/Brewmaster don't share almost anything heal-wise with Mistweaver.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-12-30 at 06:03 PM. Reason: atonement link*

There is still a glyph like that in existence, the Druid glyph that reduces NS by the 3 seconds per Healing Touch done ( I think ). All I'm saying is that as a Monk I would like to have some incentive to fist weave rather than doing it out of boredom or lack of healing needed to be done.

- - - Updated - - -

As a shaman healer I would say it's needed. My damage is so low it's hardly worth casting. When I'm with our disc priest or mistweaver healer we have worked out that they smite and/or punch heal while I pure heal the fight unless it's during a dicey phase that needs extra heals.

My question would be if they are doing a slight nerf to fistweaving (at least the ease of switching back and forth) will they be doing the same with disc?
    Is this where the header goes?

Deleted
    Shamans aren't getting shit to do with DPS healing as far as I know apart from one really bad totem, Paladins are getting shockadin stance that locks them into it for the entire fight afaik.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    As a shaman healer I would say it's needed. My damage is so low it's hardly worth casting. When I'm with our disc priest or mistweaver healer we have worked out that they smite and/or punch heal while I pure heal the fight unless it's during a dicey phase that needs extra heals.

My question would be if they are doing a slight nerf to fistweaving (at least the ease of switching back and forth) will they be doing the same with disc?
    It's needed, only really as a precaution though to prevent discipline as it is right now ever happening again. What you've done though is basically figured out how your comp works, not everyone needs a hybrid ability and I think the only reason paladins got one is because they really should have been the first to have it.

Also yes, they've stated intent to nerf atonement.

The shaman totem is "meh", but it does have to do with Dps healing because that is what it does (even though it is "meh" ). It last forever but has a 5 minute CD and is an Air Totem so you can't use the Spirit Link while it's active ( unless you have the double totem talent) but on high movement boss fights the totem would be useless ( IE: Thok or Shamans) without the Totem relocate talent. So it's definitely tricky talent but it's a passive atonement heal pet which sounds cool.

(At) Reglitch I personally enjoy hybrid abilities I don't think all classes need them though. But I wouldn't mind if they did. Back in Cata shamans had a talent that causes their shocks to increase healing done by their next spell by 10% and reduce mana cost by 25%. I had fun mixing in a shock into my healing rotation. Even though it's wouldn't make or break your healing as a shaman it was enjoyable.

With Disc Priests and atonement healing I might have skimmed pasted that post, if you have a link I'd appreciate it. But I've healed a normal SoO up to 6/14 (some a lot further) on all 5 healing classes so I have a pretty could feel on all of them. So how do you feel about the possible upcoming changes to atonement healing?

I see, it's here: http://www.wowhead.com/item=40914
    But it seems it only sees use in PvP. What you're suggesting would be a buff for any situation in PvE or PvP, so why not just a cd reduction? It seems like this is fueled more by "I want this overpowered thing" than "this would help flesh out the Mistweaver spec." Further, it buffs one T90 talent without buffing the other ones. It still doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    But it seems it only sees use in PvP. What you're suggesting would be a buff for any situation in PvE or PvP, so why not just a cd reduction? It seems like this is fueled more by "I want this overpowered thing" than "this would help flesh out the Mistweaver spec." Further, it buffs one T90 talent without buffing the other ones. It still doesn't make sense.
    A flat CDR is not the aim neither is "I want this overpower thing". And I feel other 90 Talents don't need buffs. I used them throughout MoP 10m raids and they provided good output. Don't get me wrong Xuen is enjoyable and helpful in a few fights but as a raid healer I feel like the CD is too long. This is my opinion no need to get rattled over it. But like a said if Blackout Kick or Tiger Palm helps reduces the cool down of Xuen I would want to definitely mix fist weaving into my healing rotation and I would enjoy the hell out of doing it. For PvP I don't think you can afford to BoK or TP so I doubt it will affect (all speculation I have very little PvP experience) it much but for PvE if I manage to get Xuen 45 seconds earlier I would spec into it more often and have a blast doing so. My main point is to give fist weaving some type of reward to it, that's all. I hope that made sense to you.

- We're all awesome Monks here so sorry if I sound like a jerk or what not. Just having a fun discussion IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MW4Life View Post
    As a matter of fact, I wish fistweaving was viable in more encounters because it's so fun.
    As would I, but it comes with a slippery slope- if Fistweaving becomes just as good as normal healing, then there would be more incentive to bring Mistweavers because they'd be able to pull DPS while also healing effectively.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    As would I, but it comes with a slippery slope- if Fistweaving becomes just as good as normal healing, then there would be more incentive to bring Mistweavers because they'd be able to pull DPS while also healing effectively.
    Not if the dps isn't significant, which is what I think they have up their sleeve for this new stance.

I've never really understood people who say fistweaving is fun. "Doing a 2 or 3 button DPS rotation" is fun?
    With no procs?
    At all?
    I mean...what?
    There is no thought. It's literally spamming as many smart heals as possible with an extremely UNINVOLVED rotation.
    Don't get me wrong I use it, and it has it's own uses. But fun? Maybe when you could mix it in smoothly with healing (I liked the former jab model far more...also RNG chi generation sucks.)
    But fistweaving by itself?
    I don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    I've never really understood people who say fistweaving is fun. "Doing a 2 or 3 button DPS rotation" is fun?
    With no procs?
    At all?
    I mean...what?
    There is no thought. It's literally spamming as many smart heals as possible with an extremely UNINVOLVED rotation.
    Don't get me wrong I use it, and it has it's own uses. But fun? Maybe when you could mix it in smoothly with healing (I liked the former jab model far more...also RNG chi generation sucks.)
    But fistweaving by itself?
    I don't understand that.
    There is that 5 TP gives you a free SM perk and when you outgear normal SoO or you have a really good healing partner what else is there to do honestly? That's why I enjoy it. Compared to other healers when everyone is 100% and there isn't anything to do, it's a good way to pass the time lol.

I don't consider fistweaving as a stand alone type of healing I mix it with the normal healing rotation. But you should try purely dps with a good disc priest and 2 heal SoO normal with Yu'lon's cloak and Mutlistrike+Immersus Trink. It's enjoyable IMO.