Poll: Your least favourite class(es)?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I have a Paladin, and i'm inclined to agree. In PvP especially this patch/season, there's an inordinate amount of Arms Warriors and Holy Paladins; most probably because they're very easy to play, though i'm sure some will disagree.
    Every single class is easy to get good at, some are harder to get optimal at. As far as pve dps goes feral druids are probably the class/spec with the highest skill cap at the moment, rogues and warlocks are generally regarded as easy classes to master. For healing I'd say monks might be the hardest but beyond the endless over healing and number inflation healers just end up doing it doesn't give much insight, the little I've healed as pally in MoP you basically spend your holy power on sending out hots on the raid when you got time to do so and heal tanks when needed + aoe heals for aoe damage phases, easy. Tanks are about equal I'd say, they all have some bumps to their arsenal but as long as you can keep aggro and keep a somewhat stable rotation for your defensive attacks and defensive cooldowns you should be more than fine.

I have no idea about because I gave that up after wotlk but I do the odd bg from time to time and casters/ranged have way, way, way too many abilities and tricks to get away from melee. Only way I can kill people as a ret pala is if I pop every single fucking cd I have and kill them fast during a stun. If they live then they just run away or start kiting.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Rogue is awful, so boring.

Feral is pretty much exactly the same apart from having forms, which is the only benefit.

I have yet to try a monk, but as shown by the fact I haven't tried them yet, they don't attract me in the slightest.

DK's are boring too and only fun when you play an OP Blood DK which then gets boring because theres no challenge.

I enjoy my hunter a lot, as survival, not BM that's /sleep.

These are my least favorite classes in order:
    1. Warrior. Melee DPS makes me bored very quickly. Bopping enemies in the head with a shield is a lot less appealing than hitting something in the face with a shadow bolt.
    2. Shamans. I'm not sure why, but I just can't get into playing a shaman. Enhancement was kind of fun, but the whole "I call on the elements to aid me" idea doesn't appeal to me.
    3. Death Knights. It's a shame because I really love DK lore, but DKs are so boring to me for the same reasons warriors bore me.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Out of all the classes I have leveled, I have disliked my Rogue, my Druid as Feral, and my Priest. Everything else has a decent "Fun Factor" to it to make it interesting. Shout out to my favorites: Paladin and Monk, both of which have three great specs while leveling.

. Druid, don't like how a Moonkin can jump into Bear and Cat forms, and so forth for the other roles. Dumb.
    . Monk. Brews are too clunky, feels like Judging all over again.
    . Warrior. Don't like the Rage system.
    . Shaman. Searing and Magma totems should just go away. I thought the design aspect Blizzard was going for is to have most totems be CDs, and Shock spells shouldn't have a CD.
    . Hunter. Just not crazy about them.
    . Death Knight. Don't like the Rune system.

Rogue, druid, dk, paladin. Simply don't like the mechanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate monks because they just don't fit this game.

I also hate hunter class because it's still a clusterfuck of all magic schools, arcane, nature, shadow, fire, frost, conjuring snakes out of nowhere, hell a hunter is more versatile at magic than any mage. While it's supposed to be a fucking physical class. Hunter needs an overhaul. Badly. With at least one spec going petless from the start.

Monks. I have tried all specs and none of them clicked for me.

Rogues, there's nothing redeeming about them for me. Combo points are boring, their abilities all feel the same, doesn't matter if I'm putting a bleed on the target or eviscerating them, all I'm doing is hitting a button and they're taking damage. It's mostly an aesthetic problem I have with them, no ability LOOKS different or even really behaves different.

I think they're the most boring of the melee classes. But the problem is, how do you make a rogue interesting? They're not meant to be as flashy as an enh shaman, or as brutal as a warrior, or as dynamic as a paladin.

It's a shame though because I have nothing against rogues as a class, I WANT rogues to be interesting, I just don't see any way they can be.

I feel like Shamans probably need the most work. Rogues are very solid but could do with some more diversity and sexiness. Warriors still feel keyboard mashy to me. Shad Priests could use an exciting DPS CD of some kind.

I like all classes but that's just some improvements I'd like to see off the top of my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Rogues, there's nothing redeeming about them for me. Combo points are boring, their abilities all feel the same, doesn't matter if I'm putting a bleed on the target or eviscerating them, all I'm doing is hitting a button and they're taking damage. It's mostly an aesthetic problem I have with them, no ability LOOKS different or even really behaves different.

I think they're the most boring of the melee classes. But the problem is, how do you make a rogue interesting? They're not meant to be as flashy as an enh shaman, or as brutal as a warrior, or as dynamic as a paladin.

It's a shame though because I have nothing against rogues as a class, I WANT rogues to be interesting, I just don't see any way they can be.
    Hey now, combo points are the best thing about the class. We had them before everyone else did! CP hipsters!

Only real problem is Blizzard's continued insistence that they stick to the Rogue.

True about all the animations etc just looking like standard attacks, legacy of Vanilla. Rogues probably had the best design from game launch (I remember reading somewhere they were redesigned from scratch right before the game went live and thus got new cool sexy things like CPs), which justified their very low rate of change over the years, but unfortunately that means their design is now quite old fashioned in some respects.

I still think Shamans have it worse in that department though. I mean seriously, the Shocks are so awful.

Oh and even worse, Feral Druids. Just like a Rogue but at least Rogues got a lot of quality of life improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I feel like Shamans probably need the most work. Rogues are very solid but could do with some more diversity and sexiness. Warriors still feel keyboard mashy to me. Shad Priests could use an exciting DPS CD of some kind.

I like all classes but that's just some improvements I'd like to see off the top of my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey now, combo points are the best thing about the class. We had them before everyone else did! CP hipsters!

Only real problem is Blizzard's continued insistence that they stick to the Rogue.

True about all the animations etc just looking like standard attacks, legacy of Vanilla. Rogues probably had the best design from game launch (I remember reading somewhere they were redesigned from scratch right before the game went live and thus got new cool sexy things like CPs), which justified their very low rate of change over the years, but unfortunately that means their design is now quite old fashioned in some respects.

I still think Shamans have it worse in that department though. I mean seriously, the Shocks are so awful.

Oh and even worse, Feral Druids. Just like a Rogue but at least Rogues got a lot of quality of life improvements.
    Care to explain? What about shocks make them different from any other instant spell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, rogue is possibly my favorite class to play. I don't know where all the hate is coming from. Pickpocketing, distract, sap, stealth gimmicks galore!

I don't feel like wiping on this raid boss, i'll vanish and then mass rez!

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Shaman since in the 7 years I have played WoW it's the only class I have not gotten above level 40 or so. I have tried a few times, just doesn't click with me. Look at poor old Monks (my fav by far) in second place for the least favorite. Guys, monks take a lot of patience and seem to be very gear dependent. For many, they are also boring to level (MW Monks, at least). Get one to ilvl 545 or so and they are a blast. They also have a somewhat high skill cap, especially BrM monks, but are very rewarding and powerful once you master them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    I hate all clothies. Casters are boring.
    For me, it's more about not being able to move. :S

Also, LOL@thepoll. Rogues are really fun once you get used to them. And I <3 my new Pandaren Monk!

10+ Year Old Account
    My least favorites are probably Paladins and Monks. I dislike playing as Paladins AND fighting against Paladins (but they look cool) and Monk is just kind of boring, it seems like Blizzard hasn't gotten them down fully. Warriors are a close third though, and I hate Shaman totems but I like the rest of Shamans enough for them not to be on bottom. I don't really hate any though, these are just my least favorites.

I greatly prefer casters over melee, but my favorite melee is probably either Rogue because I like sneaking or Death Knight because I love minions.
    Last edited by Bryrida; 2013-12-30 at 06:36 AM.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks.
    To me they will never be a part of wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryrida View Post
    My least favorites are probably Paladin, Monk and Warrior. I don't really hate any though, these are just my least favorites.

I greatly prefer casters to melee.

My apologies with this being so off topic, but how do you get awesome signature banners like I see of your Belf Lock there?

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Monks.
    To me they will never be a part of wow.
    *cry*

Druid spends the bulk of his time in an outdated nature form that doesn't show off any of the gear you're acquired. I also dislike form-based gameplay, I'd rather have everything in one neat package(was very happy to hear warrior stances were removed as they were and reduced to mere buffs).

Rogue is like a weak warrior with a silly combat point system and more complicated skill trickery.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Rogue
    Hate this kind of class on any RPG..

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids, monks, and somewhat priest. I don't hate them but they are my least liked class.