Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Speculation time : I'd imagine this has to do with Islam Atiev getting slotted the other week and Doku Umarov being pissed off. I'd also bet that it has to do with testing the effectiveness of the security services with the Sochi games coming up and the plan to commit a campaign of terrorist attacks aimed at Sochi.

Wouldn't be suprised if Russia went and laid down some serious pain on North Caucasus in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Look I know your trying to make a joke about all muslims being terrorists, but you really think this is a good time to make cracks about that?
    Are you bothering to read the news reports or what? Seriously this is silly, people should read the actual report and then stop trying to make this something it isn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Killing a bunch of people who had nothing to do with nothing to get back at whoever you have beef with. Senseless violence.
    The terrorists can't touch the actual people who are responsible so they strike at anything within their reach.

Interfax clarifies that bomber was a Male not Muslim Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Are you bothering to read the news reports or what? Seriously this is silly, people should read the actual report and then stop trying to make this something it isn't.
    We read the report. I knew about that tidbit before reading the report. The report suggested nothing about her being Muslim. Or shall we just assume she is cuz in the recent past extremist Muslims have self detonated? I'm not saying she isn't Muslim, i'm also not jumping to conclusions since no group have claimed responsibility yet. And you know Muslim extremists, they like to claim responsibility.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Seems a strange place to attack 0o The usa and Russia aren't exactly bff
    i highly doubt it was an american doing this. your not making a lot of sense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    Terrorists aren't interested in getting something, they know governments don't negotiate with terrorists (the russian government even less), they just want to inflict their own twisted sense of justice upon the only targets they can get to.
    oooo yes goverment do, but first the terrorist must show that they are "powerful" (as in the goverment cant stop them) so the goverment is forced to negation with them as equal partners (or there "legal" political part)

Then we have the non-organized terrorists who "failed" in life who want to surceased in something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    even if thats what it was based on, which nothing has even suggested it would be (theres so much bad shit happening in russia right now) then it would be the worst example of protest a person can aspire to.
    I'm not saying it had anything to do with homosexual issues in Russia. I'm saying it will likely be used against it through.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

For those of you wondering why Putin seemed to backtrack on his disdain for the NSA after the Snowden leaks....this is why. In spite of the cold relations between the US and Russia, our agendas are currently in line: Radical Islam. The very tactics the NSA employs are the only way to prevent attacks like this. They won't always succeed, but then again, we'll never hear about the successes. Only the failures.

So easy to condemn things until you're then one burying pieces of your children, husbands and wives in a box. My sympathies to those affected by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    For those of you wondering why Putin seemed to backtrack on his disdain for the NSA after the Snowden leaks....this is why. In spite of the cold relations between the US and Russia, our agendas are currently in line: Radical Islam. The very tactics the NSA employs are the only way to prevent attacks like this. They won't always succeed, but then again, we'll never hear about the successes. Only the failures.

So easy to condemn things until you're then one burying pieces of your children, husbands and wives in a box. My sympathies to those affected by this.
    So naive

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    So naive
    When it comes to international security, spot on. I didn't say anything about oil economics. The only naivety comes from believing that there's a political solution to the Islamic problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Cuz Muslims invented suicide bombing, right? Well done on being you.
    They commercialized it, made it popular, perfected the tactics and psychology behind it, and do it more often than any other group in history. Is that good enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Suicide bombing existed in china and neighbors . Even before marco polo.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chola_dynasty
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_attack
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    When it comes to international security, spot on. I didn't say anything about oil economics. The only naivety comes from believing that there's a political solution to the Islamic problem.
    What the hell is Islamic problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Flavor of the century terrorists i would assume....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    I am betting it was made by their skinhead group.
    Yes, let's blame their leader: Putin.

I don't know, the whole ideal that the entire planet must submit to Sharia law or be eliminated? No other major religion on the planet preaches the genocide of all other religions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    Yes, let's blame their leader: Putin.
    Isn't that how the first Chechen war started...
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Talv View Post
    What lol?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25541019 That suggests it was a female muslim that did this. I said nothing about who invented what, u need have a wank mate.
    Absolutely nowhere on that article does it suggest what you are saying.

Folks. Stop. Stop using this as a platform to launch into an anti-Muslim diatribe. It's likely got nothing at all to do with Muslims.

The name of the woman suspected to have done it is Oksana Aslanova. Very Muslim name, right? Just like the one who did another one back in October, Naida Asiyalova. Very Muslim names, oh yes.

Russia has its own intrapolitical issues and militant groups that condone this kind of attack, it's nothing to do with Muslims, so let's just kill that vein of discussion right here.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-12-29 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Absolutely nowhere on that article does it suggest what you are saying.
    Second line.

There are contradictory reports over the gender of the bomber, amid official claims it was a woman.
    Further in.

"According to our information, the explosion was carried out by a female suicide bomber who approached a metal detector, saw a policeman there, got nervous and detonated the bomb stuffed with pieces of shrapnel," said Mr Markin.
    In July, Chechen insurgent leader Doku Umarov posted an online video urging militants to use "maximum force" to prevent the Games from going ahead.
    An Islamist insurgency in the North Caucasus region has led to many attacks there in recent years. Insurgents have also attacked big Russian towns.
    Last edited by Xanjori; 2013-12-29 at 08:12 PM.