Deleted

Anyone else bored with the philosophical mambo jambo of mop world bosses?

Give us some raw evil creatures to fight.

Make a giant evil murloc as end-game.

God forbid stories have meaning beyond kill mob get loot.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Deleted
    what? you mean evil like the thousand year old cloud serpent with thunder powers guarding the thunder king citadel?

or like the sha of anger which is pretty evil.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Give us some raw evil creatures to fight.
    You mean like the Sha? The physical manifestation of evil in its rawest form? They covered that.

OP reminds us all that MMO-C should incorporate a thread limit, maybe 1-2 threads a person can create per week?

Oh also we get that you dislike MoP, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    You mean like the Sha? The physical manifestation of evil in its rawest form? They covered that.
    Sha isn't the physical manifestation of evil

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Sha isn't the physical manifestation of evil
    Close enough.

And no OP, if anything more world bosses need lore. Ordos was awesome. Even Galleon had kind've a cool theme.

The bullshit fortune cookie philosophy and tiresome attempts at moralizing in MoP were just excruciating. Really awful writing all around. The Pandaren came off as a pack of self-satisfied, self-righteous, self-absorbed incompetents with a twee shallow culture, who had done nothing but sit around being fat and decadent for thousands of years.

Especially Taran Zhu. Fuck that guy.

Remember that part early in SoO? "The outsiders, they did this!" Uh, no asshole, the Warchief of the Horde did this. You know, the same Horde you were lecturing my Alliance ass endlessly for fighting with in the first place? Now sit there like a good little boy and nurse the axe-wound in your chest while I go off and sack Orgrimmar. Welcome to the wonderful world of having the Horde shit all over your civilization and then try to act like it's not their fault and they're the victims. One tends to get tired of it after enough repetition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qalaq View Post
    The bullshit fortune cookie philosophy and tiresome attempts at moralizing in MoP were just excruciating. Really awful writing all around. The Pandaren came off as a pack of self-satisfied, self-righteous, self-absorbed incompetents with a twee shallow culture, who had done nothing but sit around being fat and decadent for thousands of years.

Especially Taran Zhu. Fuck that guy.

Remember that part early in SoO? "The outsiders, they did this!" Uh, no asshole, the Warchief of the Horde did this. You know, the same Horde you were lecturing my Alliance ass endlessly for fighting with in the first place? Now sit there like a good little boy and nurse the axe-wound in your chest while I go off and sack Orgrimmar. Welcome to the wonderful world of having the Horde shit all over your civilization and then try to act like it's not their fault and they're the victims. One tends to get tired of it after enough repetition.
    Actually it's perfectly reasonable that Taran Zhu makes this kind of assumption.

Assume "France" invades your country ofc you will blame everything on "France" you probably wouldn't care who did it as long as it's french they did it. Look at what happened with the germans back in wwII.

So what happened is we the horde and the alliance are "France" we invaded pandaria and screwed the place. Ofc he will blame the horde and the alliance ever since they came problems arose. He doesn't care who did it, the factions did it. If you were in the same situation I doubt you care who did it just that it happened and that you don't like it.

Taran Zhu only failed himself, he could've easily watched Garrosh's activity in the Vale, and kicked out all of the workers before they managed to uncover the hearth. It only took Taran Zhu to take action RIGHT before Garrosh was about to throw the hearth into the well, and than he even failed to prevend it...

It was easy for the Alliance, Horde and all the pandaren to stop Garrosh before digging up the hearth, and so much damage could've been avoided. Why didn't they take action sooner?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at this thread. I don't mean that in a condescending way, OP. It's just funny - especially the title. I like the lore and whatnot, but sometimes, not always, but sometimes when bosses are going on and on I think to myself "omg stfu and fight."

Also, speaking of such, I was just shocked to learn that Xuen wasn't voiced by James Earl Jones. Xuen sounds like he should be doing a Yellow Pages commercial. oO

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm totally down for a Murloc raid boss or even a raid itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I guess so?

It does seem like "kill X to progress" and philosophy aren't very compatible.

"Why did you do this, what did I do to deserve this?!"
    "It's not about you, I kill "X". Today, that "X" is you."
    dramatic gun cock sound, fade to black. collect loot.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Actually it's perfectly reasonable that Taran Zhu makes this kind of assumption.

Assume "France" invades your country ofc you will blame everything on "France" you probably wouldn't care who did it as long as it's french they did it. Look at what happened with the germans back in wwII.

So what happened is we the horde and the alliance are "France" we invaded pandaria and screwed the place. Ofc he will blame the horde and the alliance ever since they came problems arose. He doesn't care who did it, the factions did it. If you were in the same situation I doubt you care who did it just that it happened and that you don't like it.
    It's a reasonable assumption up to the point where one of those factions basically nukes your capital. Then you're just a shortsighted asshole if you don't start making distinctions.

No offense, but...
    They've been removed from the rest of the world for thousands of years. No contact, no learning, no nothing.
    Of course they're self-satisfied, self-righteous, self-absorbed, incompetent, and have a shallow culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not at all. But thanks for asking.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

People really need to stop taking it so seriously. Warcraft lore is terrible and has been for awhile. Chill out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I didn't realise that Alliance never wanted to be on Pandaria and get the riches and recourses from there. I must've missed the point where they tried to leave the place but Garrosh kept them there.